TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 14th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2012, 12:42 PM

Question

Is that Marks Daily Apple?? I have received some of his emails........good principles..............
Old 06-05-2012, 12:44 PM

Hey waleed,
Be careful with that barefoot running or next to barefoot....I read a negative article on that the other day from some marathon runner that ended up with stress fractures.......myself, I could never do that....I cant hardly walk barefoot out on the driveway to get my newspaper in the mornings........LOL......
Old 06-06-2012, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobB View Post
Is that Marks Daily Apple?? I have received some of his emails........good principles..............
Yes, that's the guy.

Find me on Facebook
Old 06-06-2012, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobB View Post
Hey waleed,
Be careful with that barefoot running or next to barefoot....I read a negative article on that the other day from some marathon runner that ended up with stress fractures.......myself, I could never do that....I cant hardly walk barefoot out on the driveway to get my newspaper in the mornings........LOL......
I think the biggest mistake people make when going barefoot or minimalist seems to be trying to do too much too soon. The feet aren't used to it so it's important to build it up very very slowly in order to strengthen the muscles in the feet and legs for this "new" way of walking.

I started out with just 10 minutes of walking one or two times a week. I'm now able to comfortably walk for an hour or run for about 20 minutes. It's taken me almost 6 months to reach this level so I've been doing it very gradually.

But thanks for your concern Rob...

Find me on Facebook
Old 06-06-2012, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsarwani View Post
I think the biggest mistake people make when going barefoot or minimalist seems to be trying to do too much too soon. The feet aren't used to it so it's important to build it up very very slowly in order to strengthen the muscles in the feet and legs for this "new" way of walking.

I started out with just 10 minutes of walking one or two times a week. I'm now able to comfortably walk for an hour or run for about 20 minutes. It's taken me almost 6 months to reach this level so I've been doing it very gradually.

But thanks for your concern Rob...
Thats kinda what that article stated...........keep us posted on how it is going. There are so many "experts" with their own spins, on the internet. Sometimes you dont know what to believe and what not to believe!
Old 06-07-2012, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobB

Thats kinda what that article stated...........keep us posted on how it is going. There are so many "experts" with their own spins, on the internet. Sometimes you dont know what to believe and what not to believe!
I agree. It's so easy to get overwhelmed with all the information out there. Sometimes the only way to know is to try it yourself.