TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 14th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2012, 02:33 PM

gotta a few old regulars here, waleed.........keep up the good work!!!!!!!
Old 05-31-2012, 03:45 AM

With last week being so tough at work and being able to slot in any workouts of any kind, I decided to restart the contest on Saturday 26th May and took new photos.

I'm away from home again this week and it's been a tough week at work again but I was still able to get some workouts in.

On Monday night, I went for a "timed" run - I wanted to see how far I could run in 20 minutes. The good thing was that I was actually able to run comfortably for 20 minutes without stopping or feeling like my legs were going to buckle underneath me - it's been a good number of years since I was able to do that. The bad thing was that I only covered 2.3 Km! I used to be able to cover double that distance in the same time. I was just trying to establish a baseline for further improvement so now that I've done that, I have a target I need to beat. I'm planning to do a run like this once a week simply because I enjoy running. I always have and since I started practicing "barefoot" running (last November), it's been a bit of a reawakening for me (more on that in another post, I think).

Yesterday, I got in my first TT workout. I decided to kick off the contest with the "31 Interval Workouts", as my main goal is to get rid of the belly. This TT manual has all sorts of interesting intervals and I'm going to mix them up and see what happens. I'll do one running interval a week, one BW interval and for the third workout I'll do something "different" - tabata, shuttle sprints, KB swings. I'm particularly keen on trying the intervals where the "work" period is longer than the "rest" period. They sound brutal but I need to push myself again.

On my non-workout days, I'm going to walk, which I'm really loving again (thanks to barefooting, again), swim that it's summer and do a long bike ride on the weekend (pure self-indulgence - I love it). I'll also do a stretching routine once or twice a week or when I'm feeling a bit sore from workouts. I got the stretching DVD from The Stretching Institute a few months ago and that seems to really work well for me.

So, I have my plan in place, got my motivation fired up and have a plan for the next 4 weeks. Let's see what happens!

Find me on Facebook
Old 05-31-2012, 09:33 AM

Nothing like a good plan to kick this contest off. Proud of you for your decision to jump back in and kick butt.

Wish you all the best and hope you reach your goals.

“You can’t always be the fastest or the strongest, but you can always try the hardest.” - sign in Jay Ferruggia's Renegade Gym
Old 05-31-2012, 09:47 AM

Wish you all the best, may you transform your body and life at this time!
Greetings, Ariane
Old 06-04-2012, 04:00 AM

Well the craziness at work continues and I'm overloaded like I've never been before. I suppose that's a good thing in this present economic environment but it's taking it's toll a bit on my sanity!

I'm counteracting all the stress I'm under with workouts. After spending the week away, I went home for the weekend and went out on my mountain bike for a one hour ride. This has become somewhat of a weekly ritual for me now and I love it. We don't have any "trails" to speak of where I live but there are plenty of dirt tracks which run along side a pavement or road and these provide somewhat of a challenge as well as making the ride more interesting. There's also a bridge with quite a steep incline that I need to cross both ways and that gives me a great workout (it's also great for doing hill sprints). I managed to do 15Km in an hour and this seems to be an average for me.

I'm away from home again this week and had another tough at work. I got back to my hotel quite late and almost didn't go for a workout. I got as far as getting out of my shirt and tie and putting on jeans and a t-shirt and heading out the door for dinner when I turned around....and got changed into my workout clothes. I decided that the best thing to do considering the late hour would be a steady run (TT workouts give me a buzz and I have trouble sleeping if I do them too late). I thought I'd try and improve on my PB for a 20 minute run and managed to add 120m since my run last week. A small improvement but at least I'm headed in the right direction - I can now do 2.35Km in 20 mins (still abysmal!)

Here's my workout:

http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/qLRP-2BTN_w

So, I'm happpy with my level of actitivity and workouts so far in this contest but I need to make sure to incorporate more TT workouts this week.

Find me on Facebook
Old 06-04-2012, 02:45 PM

Thanks for stopping by. Ya, I really liked the skydiving (after that first step outside the door...LOL) Thats about as exciting as it gets for me, anymore!

Familiar faces are always nice......looks like your job makes it really tough to make a good schedule.

Rob
Old 06-05-2012, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobB View Post
Thanks for stopping by. Ya, I really liked the skydiving (after that first step outside the door...LOL) Thats about as exciting as it gets for me, anymore!

Familiar faces are always nice......looks like your job makes it really tough to make a good schedule.

Rob
Like I said on your post, my work schedule is like your sugar addiction!

It's an added challenge and I've been doing it for so long, I have learned to work in exercising into my travel plans. I always try to book a hotel with a decent gym or that it located near a park or path/walkway. Staying in hotels in a major city makes it much easier. At the very least, I'll have access to a treadmill if I can't workout out doors (which is my preference). When I'm stuck in a camp at a remote site, it's much more difficult. The working day is much longer (typically 10 hours), start much earlier in the morning (5:30 or 6 am) and meal times are fixed and short so your schedule is not always your own.