TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 14th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2012, 12:54 PM

Sounds like a plan! I'm glad its not more serious.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:56 PM

Thanks Maria. Back on TT Original workout A today and think I'm going to use subsitute exercises for the RDLs and lunges just in case and leave the knee a couple more days.

Having read the substitution list, I'll do stability ball leg curls paired with dumbell rows instead of the deadlifts. Instead of the reverse lunges I'll do hip raises.

I'll try to set some new PBs on the shoulder presses and bench presses today.

The plan is then to be ready to start squatting, lunging and deadlifting again towards the end of this week.

Nutrition-wise I decided to do an ESE fast yesterday having read good reports from other TTers and because my nutrition hadn't been great for a few days and I wanted to take time to refocus.

I loved it. Found I got pretty hungry mid-afternoon but once I stopped thinking about it, I found a new sense of focus. I enjoyed home cooked pasta with some organic beef and lots of veggies last night for dinner and then had one the best night's sleep I've had in some time.

Today I'm mentally back in the game and feel like my organs got a bit of a break.

Will implement a fast once a week going forward given this positive experience.
Old 05-25-2012, 02:50 AM

You're off to a great start Tom. Good luck in the contest.

Happy belated birthday.

Find me on Facebook
Old 05-29-2012, 04:12 AM

Haven't posted for a little while but the quest continues!

In my final week of Original this week having brushed off my knee problems last week with physiotherapy and focusing on my form above all during the lower body movements.

All in all, it's been a great success. During the past 8 weeks (Intermediate and Original) I have dropped 5kgs (11 pounds) so about 1.3 pounds a week which I'm very pleased with.

I'm now 177 pounds and 18% body fat so I'm about half way to my goals. (Want to get down to 12% in the first instance)

I've started following the ESE principals recently and I love it. I feel extremely focused during the fast and seem to be dropping fat faster since starting it. Also having read the book and Brad's blog, I feel that what he is saying really makes sense. I'm going to stop worrying so much focusing on quality whole foods and fasting a couple of times a week.

Did my second fast yesterday and feel on top of the world today. Going to try another on Friday.

Next week will be 2k3 which I'm looking forward to.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganHK View Post
Haven't posted for a little while but the quest continues!

In my final week of Original this week having brushed off my knee problems last week with physiotherapy and focusing on my form above all during the lower body movements.

All in all, it's been a great success. During the past 8 weeks (Intermediate and Original) I have dropped 5kgs (11 pounds) so about 1.3 pounds a week which I'm very pleased with.

I'm now 177 pounds and 18% body fat so I'm about half way to my goals. (Want to get down to 12% in the first instance)

I've started following the ESE principals recently and I love it. I feel extremely focused during the fast and seem to be dropping fat faster since starting it. Also having read the book and Brad's blog, I feel that what he is saying really makes sense. I'm going to stop worrying so much focusing on quality whole foods and fasting a couple of times a week.

Did my second fast yesterday and feel on top of the world today. Going to try another on Friday.

Next week will be 2k3 which I'm looking forward to.
Workout wise you are 2 weeks ahead of me so I always keep an eye on your posts to see whats coming haha.

Sound like you have found something thats working for your nutrition thats awesome. Have thought about a fast day per week myself but making decent gains/losses so far so wont tamper with it unless I have too.

Great work keep it up
Old 05-30-2012, 06:52 PM

You gave me some good tips on diet - and a good example to follow - thanks!
Old 05-31-2012, 10:08 AM

Great posts, it's encouraging to read through your thread. On my first TT contest someone gave me great advice:

1. You can't outwork a bad diet
2. Dont let perfect be the enemy of the good. Shoot for the 90/10 or 80/20 rule. Eat clean 80-90 percent of the time and finish your workouts 80-90 % of the time.
3. Eat plants and animals and not too much
4. Plan your meals, what gets tracked gets measured.

I'm doing the 24/7 program and the reverse lunges and RDL have me walking weird today because of soreness. Keep at it and it works out. I took a week off which is why I'm so sore. Usually there's a little tightness after a really hard workout but I usually don't get too sore when I'm working out regularly.

Keep up the good work.

“You can’t always be the fastest or the strongest, but you can always try the hardest.” - sign in Jay Ferruggia's Renegade Gym
Old 05-31-2012, 07:50 PM

Hi guys

Thanks for the support. I'm sorry to say I let myself down badly this week and it's been a bad week overall.
I had a busy week at work with a product launch on Tuesday and I ended up drinking a lot of alcohol at the after party. With several colleagues in town a repeat performance followed Wednesday including bad food choices. Of course by Thursday I was exhausted and not up to doing my TT workout or even cooking, meaning I got a takeout last night.

So now I find myself on Friday having missed a workout and gone off track with my diet plan badly, plus I'm very tired.

Hopefully this is a lesson learned. It just isn't worth it. I am up on the scales by a couple of pounds too. Not sure whether fat gain or just water weight.

Will get back in the gym today, take stock of how and why I went wrong and learn from it for next time.

Time to get back on track!
Old 05-31-2012, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganHK View Post
Hi guys

Thanks for the support. I'm sorry to say I let myself down badly this week and it's been a bad week overall.
I had a busy week at work with a product launch on Tuesday and I ended up drinking a lot of alcohol at the after party. With several colleagues in town a repeat performance followed Wednesday including bad food choices. Of course by Thursday I was exhausted and not up to doing my TT workout or even cooking, meaning I got a takeout last night.

So now I find myself on Friday having missed a workout and gone off track with my diet plan badly, plus I'm very tired.

Hopefully this is a lesson learned. It just isn't worth it. I am up on the scales by a couple of pounds too. Not sure whether fat gain or just water weight.

Will get back in the gym today, take stock of how and why I went wrong and learn from it for next time.

Time to get back on track!
Tomorrow is a new day..........and yesterday is long gone..............
Old 06-06-2012, 02:43 PM

It's a new day - and you shape your tomorrow!