TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 10th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2011, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
Welcome Debbie! I looked a bit in your previous contest stuff and it is obvious you have worked hard, and it is great to see you here.

PS-----we actually have very simular before measurements, I thought that was TOO funny! You are officially inaugarated as a fellow member of my 8-10lb to lose club!

Tina
Yes, I've been in that club for quite some time now!!
Old 01-05-2011, 09:01 PM

1/5
Today's workout was interesting. The 3 min. of pull-ups was really, really hard. I hope to change that 'hard' to challenging by the end of 4 weeks. I only did 17 and that was with the assist machine. Push-ups were a bit better-did them on my toes and I got 35. Then the kettle bell swings I did 114. I didn't look at the weight of the bell but it's yellow if that makes a difference and I will use it again next time because that was challenging! I really need work on the pull ups!! I also really don't like them very much.

Back in the '80's, when I first got into weight training, we used to do pull-ups with a 'V' handle hooked over a bar. I could do about 12 or 15 back then. I guess it's all in the hand placement but I wonder how many of those I could do now. ???
Old 01-06-2011, 12:55 PM

This morning I got up at 5:30 but didn't do any exercise. I just felt too tired-not the kind of tired when you first wake up but a whole body kind of tired. Hopefully later I can make something happen for my 30 min. 'off day' activity.

Hey, did I tell you this? So, followers know about my older dog Maggie who is not with us anymore. Okay. Just before Christmas my younger whippet, Aldo, had a tumor on his tail and he had to have about 4 inches of his tail removed. Yeah, really. He came home with a red bandage which I thought was very cute considering. The tumor turned out to be benign (YAY!) and now he has this 1/2 tail. Poor thing. He's fine with it though. You know, if I didn't work out I'd be pretty much insane by now!
Old 01-06-2011, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieD View Post
1/5
Today's workout was interesting. The 3 min. of pull-ups was really, really hard. I hope to change that 'hard' to challenging by the end of 4 weeks. I only did 17 and that was with the assist machine. Push-ups were a bit better-did them on my toes and I got 35. Then the kettle bell swings I did 114. I didn't look at the weight of the bell but it's yellow if that makes a difference and I will use it again next time because that was challenging! I really need work on the pull ups!! I also really don't like them very much.

Back in the '80's, when I first got into weight training, we used to do pull-ups with a 'V' handle hooked over a bar. I could do about 12 or 15 back then. I guess it's all in the hand placement but I wonder how many of those I could do now. ???
If the KB is a "competiton" kind used in girevoy sport, it would be a 12kg or 18lb I believe (the KB would be very large, all colors/weights the same size, and a very squared off relatively thin handle).

I hear you about pullups. I can do 2 right from a "half" dead hang (arms fully extended, supporting myself a bit on my toes), but that's about it. In any exercise program I have ever done, I have done them by getting up on a chair, and lowering myself down Sloooooly from the chin above the bar position (like over 15 sec or so). That is what has gotten me to doing 2 sorta pullups.

I am envioius of your pushups numbers. I find them hard...I focused on KB swings, snatches, and presses this last year, and those muscles are pretty weak. I can do maybe 5 on toes, and that's it!

Tina

"Dream the impossible, do the incredible."

"Beware the lollipop of mediocracy...one lick and you will suck forever!!!"
Old 01-08-2011, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
If the KB is a "competiton" kind used in girevoy sport, it would be a 12kg or 18lb I believe (the KB would be very large, all colors/weights the same size, and a very squared off relatively thin handle).

I hear you about pullups. I can do 2 right from a "half" dead hang (arms fully extended, supporting myself a bit on my toes), but that's about it. In any exercise program I have ever done, I have done them by getting up on a chair, and lowering myself down Sloooooly from the chin above the bar position (like over 15 sec or so). That is what has gotten me to doing 2 sorta pullups.

I am envioius of your pushups numbers. I find them hard...I focused on KB swings, snatches, and presses this last year, and those muscles are pretty weak. I can do maybe 5 on toes, and that's it!

Tina
I think pushups are the kind of exercise that you need to continually work on. I find that taking time off from them sets me back to doing them on my knees.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieD View Post
Hey, did I tell you this? So, followers know about my older dog Maggie who is not with us anymore. Okay. Just before Christmas my younger whippet, Aldo, had a tumor on his tail and he had to have about 4 inches of his tail removed. Yeah, really. He came home with a red bandage which I thought was very cute considering. The tumor turned out to be benign (YAY!) and now he has this 1/2 tail. Poor thing. He's fine with it though. You know, if I didn't work out I'd be pretty much insane by now!
Aww, poor thing - but I'm glad all is well. And animals are sooo adaptable it's amazing! Other than the bandage which I'm sure drove him crazy, he probably didn't give it too much thought.

Old 01-08-2011, 01:16 PM

Glad to hear your dog is ok
Fat loss is an all-out war. Give it 28 days, only 28 days. Attack it with all you have. It is not a lifestyle choice... it's a battle. Lose fat, and then get back into moderation. There's another one for you: moderation. Revelation says it best: "You are lukewarm and I shall spit you out." Moderation is for sissies. - Dan John

My war is 12 Weeks Long!
Old 01-09-2011, 11:05 AM

I'm very enthusiastic today! Yesterday's workout was fun, different and super hard but great! It was workout D of TT2K11.

Yesterday while food shopping I stopped in the book section because I spotted Tosca Reno's :Your Best Life Now. Flipping thru the book I found a picture of a woman that just jumped right off the page at me. Instead of buying the book simply for the picture (dumb) I took a picture of the picture with my phone. Technology is cool! So, this picture is my inspiration, my goal. I printed it along with my before picture and put it on my vision board. I'm putting a few more things on and then I think I will post a pic of it.

Also, tomorrow I will be starting Tom Venuto's "Holy Grail" nutrition plan. I still have to figure out which TT program to do next but I may as Craig when I post 'what I am' vs. 'what I will be'. I'm pretty sure it's the diet that will do the trick as I am already consistent with TT.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:38 AM

Looking forward to read/see your progress! I'm really interested to see how the Holy Grail diet works. I passed on purchasing it when it first came out. But I see that a few people are going to try it for the contest.
Fat loss is an all-out war. Give it 28 days, only 28 days. Attack it with all you have. It is not a lifestyle choice... it's a battle. Lose fat, and then get back into moderation. There's another one for you: moderation. Revelation says it best: "You are lukewarm and I shall spit you out." Moderation is for sissies. - Dan John

My war is 12 Weeks Long!
Old 01-09-2011, 03:10 PM

Here are some pictures from my vision board. The 'before and after' is me on the left and the goal girl on the right. I don't know if you can read it but I've dated the pics- 1/2 which is the day I started this current challenge and 5/1. I've given myself 16 weeks to see how close I can get.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 002.JPG (57.5 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 003.JPG (46.4 KB, 18 views)