TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 10th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2011, 10:45 PM

Hi Evaki,

I was excited to see your picture up in someone else's thread - so I tracked down your thread. When I started "testing the waters" at TT workouts back in April, you were among my inspirations. You were also a "real" example that lead me to believe that TT wasn't just a scam. So I bought the book, got on the forum, saw the announcement for the 8th contest, signed on to the contest and started doing TT the right way immediately. I think w/out your video I may never have jumped in; I may not have been convinced that it was all for real. So thank you!

I wish you the best!

Old 01-16-2011, 05:21 AM

Default Day 4 - morning update

I feel strange this morning, almost like I'm cold sweating, but not quite. It's like my body is sick, but I was still less tired and had an easier time to get up when the alarm went off. I bet my body is getting rid of toxics or something like that.

A nasty detail: my stool looked really strange last night. Like it was covered in "stuff". I'm thinking maybe all the veggies and fruits are helping clean my colon up a bit. During the holidays I was in Uruguay for 3 weeks and basically only ate red meat, pastries, soda, pizza and other baked or pasta like things. Very little fruits and vegetables at all.

My weight has gone up a little again, 0.6 lbs, but that is to be expected, weight fluctuates, I will not freak out :P It makes me glad I am currently fasting though, maybe the weight will be back down tomorrow!

Will reply to more posts and other threads later today Now I have to catch a bus!
Old 01-16-2011, 06:57 AM

Woo! Go you!
Old 01-16-2011, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gesunelson View Post
Good workout and you make a very powerful point. Doing this forces you to actually make some clear goals. Expecting it to happen will make you more aware about how what you do will either help you achieve your goal or not. It's a great attitude to have and not only for body recomposition.

I believe you will do it.
Thank you! That means a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzwish View Post
I'm brand new to this whole TT and a very motivated mom to 5 kids. Thanks for your inspiration. We can do it!! Suz
You're welcome! And thank you for finding it inspiring And of course we can do it! Looking forwards to see your success!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hal1 View Post
Hi Evaki,

I was excited to see your picture up in someone else's thread - so I tracked down your thread. When I started "testing the waters" at TT workouts back in April, you were among my inspirations. You were also a "real" example that lead me to believe that TT wasn't just a scam. So I bought the book, got on the forum, saw the announcement for the 8th contest, signed on to the contest and started doing TT the right way immediately. I think w/out your video I may never have jumped in; I may not have been convinced that it was all for real. So thank you!

I wish you the best!
That is great to hear! I'm so glad I could be a positive influence! I checked out your thread(s) and you've done some really good work! Now you have become an inspiration for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by weetamclan View Post
Woo! Go you!
:P
Old 01-16-2011, 01:35 PM

Default Good luck!

You are doing great.

How is the fast going? I just bought Eat stop eat last night. Not fully convinced by the fasting malarky so I bought it to expand my knowledge on the matter. I love learning more so hopefully if anything it will be a good read.

Good luck on your journey!

Gillian
'Instead of turning your eyes away from the difficulty, open your eyes to the powerful opportunity, choose to invision your own best outcome, then choose to do whatever is necessary to make it happen'
Old 01-16-2011, 03:12 PM

Hi Gillian,
I found that what worked best for me on ESE was a fast from lunchtime to lunchtime the next day, e.g. 12:30pm to 12:30pm the next day. If you do go down that route, you may want to try breaking into int gently by eating normally till lunch and then just skipping dinner. Carry on eating normally the next day if you like. The next time, drop dinner and breakfast so just continue eating at lunch the next day and voila, you've done one ESE fast

My TC10 Thread
My Workout Journal

"I am like the turtle who just keeps moving forward without stress or strain while I whistle a happy song" - Joe Weaver
Old 01-16-2011, 05:23 PM

Default Ese

Great advice Gerry.

I think I might keep ESE in my back pocket for if/when I hit a plateau. It's bound to happen so preparing now is a good idea. It's great to get advice from someone that has tried it.

Thanks

G
'Instead of turning your eyes away from the difficulty, open your eyes to the powerful opportunity, choose to invision your own best outcome, then choose to do whatever is necessary to make it happen'
Old 01-16-2011, 06:40 PM

Default Day 4 - afternoon update

Today went fine, but I ended my fast 2.5 hours early (so 21.5 hour long fast). I was really really hungry, and tired, and my husband wanted to eat, but he didn't want to eat until I could eat, so I decided it was ok to shorten the fast a little, but this also meant I had more time in the afternoon to be hungry :P So I ate more than planned... about 1200 kcal but at least less than on a normal day, so that's good enough I guess.
Total rest day today, which is good cause I am soooo sore from running :P

Tomorrow it's workout A again, complete this time, with intervals, and "normal" eating. That means 1600-1700 kcal.

and now it's 10.40 here and I'm going to bed ,so then I managed to do that right at least!

night night
Old 01-16-2011, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evaki View Post
Today went fine, but I ended my fast 2.5 hours early (so 21.5 hour long fast). I was really really hungry, and tired, and my husband wanted to eat, but he didn't want to eat until I could eat, so I decided it was ok to shorten the fast a little, but this also meant I had more time in the afternoon to be hungry :P
Hi Eva,

Make sure you're drinking lots of water. I found that drinking lots of warm liquids (green tea for me) really helped me get through the hunger. anyway, 21.5 hours is brilliant. Your body burns more fat after 18 hours. Also, you brought down your overall calories. Good job.

The great thing about ESE, though, is that you can always do it another day if you find it too difficult. I tried a few things before finding what worked for me. I found that I needed to be busy so fasting on a weekend was tough if I was just sitting around watching tv. I found that lunchtime to lunchtime on a weekday worked best for me.

I also found that some days were easier than others, e.g. I tried to fast from Monday lunchtime but for some reason, I was just STARVING by the afternoon so I just ended it there and tried again the next day. It worked! For some reason, I didn't even notice the afternoon flying by.

As with all this stuff, you've got to experiment and see what works for you. Good luck!

My TC10 Thread
My Workout Journal

"I am like the turtle who just keeps moving forward without stress or strain while I whistle a happy song" - Joe Weaver
Old 01-17-2011, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evaki View Post

That is great to hear! I'm so glad I could be a positive influence! I checked out your thread(s) and you've done some really good work! Now you have become an inspiration for me!
:P
This is like the stuff from "Lost" (this is my second reference to it this evening...must be missing that show more than I realize!). But I'm pleased that the one that inspired me to get going w/ TT is now gaining inspiration from me.