TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 9th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2010, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weetamclan View Post
Very impressive workout with all your full pushups! And not even normal ones but evil ones like close grip and decline.

I tried rye bread one time. It wasn't too bad actually. Dunno what it would be like toasted...
Toasted rye bread is irresistable,,, love it.

Loving Life, People, and our Amazing Creator.

My TT Blog/Thread - http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=7224
Old 10-11-2010, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
I think it's day 32, it was for Saturday, so think that's right/

Workout - Total Body Ten

1A) Y-Squat (15)
1B) Decline Pushup (10)
1C) Step-ups (10 per side)
1D) Pushup (30)
1E) Bodyweight Squat (20)
1F) Spiderman Climb (15 per side)
1G) Forward Lunge (10 per side)
1H) Close-grip Push-up (10)
1I) Stability Ball Leg Curl (15)
1J) Inverted Row (10)

This was awesome, really really enjoyed it. I even managed all the push ups and went through the circuit 3 times. Man it was tough, but really really good. My shoulder was playing up a bit on the close grip push ups, wasn't sure if I should carry on doing them, but my shoulder seems a bit better today so maybe working it did it some good.

I can definitely tell my upper body strength has got better, I do full push ups and managed the full 30 reps and 10 each time and the spiderman climbs so felt really good afterwards.

Nutrition for the day:

Organic Oats - 30g Porridge Oats With 100ml Skimmed Milk, 30 g oats, 100ml skimmed milk
Nuts - Cashew nuts, raw, 1 oz

Homemade - Poached Egg on Multigrain Toast, 1 egg

Generic - Homemade - Chicken, Rogan Josh Casserole, 1 bowl
Nz Marlborough - Sauvignon Blanc, 200 mL

My calories were over my allowance on Saturday and again today, so I need to do better for this week coming

Goals for this coming week:

1. drink more water
2. eat more salad/fresh/raw vegetables
3. cut out all starchy foods
4. try some new bread, rye, sprouted - if I can find it?!
5. keep a positve mind!

This is the last week of the 6 week contest for me, still not sure if I will enter, as the last couple of days have been a bit iffy for me. But will give this last week a final push and see how I get on.

That's if from me for now. Cheers guys Katie
Wow Katie, keep up the impressive work. Might look into doing the 2K6 when I'm done with the Beginners 101 this week.

Great to see you looking into the alternatives for the multi-grain,,, well done.

Cheers mate,

Robyn.

Old 10-11-2010, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageboy9 View Post
So glad to see that extra veg. in your goals. My nickname should be "Popeye" with all my harping on spinach, but it's a magical food! Did you know that only 4 leaves of spinach give you your RDA of Lutein? Did you know 4 cups of raw spinach only have 3 grams of carbs? Am I a broken record? Who cares, it's fun when you like the food and the workouts that are good for you.
Glad you're a broken record. I'll be sure to remember to add the spinach to my smoothies,,, I keep forgetting 'cause it's in the freezer section,,, lol. Thanks Popeye for the info. too.

Robyn.

Old 10-11-2010, 03:33 AM

Smile Monday Day 34?

Thnk it;s day 34, will check on calendar!

Today has been a day of events, firstly, I opened my desk diary at work and a bloomin White tail spider was in there. Well I absolutely freaked out, screaming, shouting, have a big hissy fit, I don't do bugs and this is the only spider in NZ that can bite you and you can suffer really badly depending on how you react to the bite. I absolutley hate, them, possibly as much as I hate cockroaches, but at least cockroaches dont give you a poisonous bite. I am still shuddering now when I think about it.

After being rescued by several co workers the said spider was dealt with and I spent the rest of the afternoon, carefully moving things aroudn my office, checking there was not any more and putting insect spray in the corners just to make sure nothing else did crawl out. I am not looking forward to looking in my office tomorrow. I so hate creepy crawlies.

My eventful day continued as I ran a bath for my boys returning from swimming, then got cooking dinner, forgot about the bath until the boys came home and shouted Mummy you are flooding the house! Ooopss! Baths in NZ don't have overflows like we do in UK, so the water had nowhere to go, but over the side of the bath and all over the floor.

Oh well floor needed a wash! Hubby sorted that out, while I remembered that I was doing a stir fry and I had left that unattended in the kitched. I tell you I had my bimbo head on today!

But did manage the gym

Workout as follows:

Bodyweight Squat – 10 repetitions
o Close-grip Pushup – 10 petitions per side
o Stability Ball Leg Curl – 12 repetitions

Warm-up Superset
1A) DB Split Squat – 6 reps using 75% of the weight you’ll use in the “real” sets.

1B) Stability Ball Rollout – 5 repetitions.

Superset #1
1A) DB Split Squat – 8 repetitions per side (9 kg each hand)

1B) Stability Ball Rollout – 20 repetitions

Superset #2
2A) DB RDL – 8 repetitions (10kg each hand)

2B) DB Push Press – 6 repetitions (6kg each hand)

3A) DB Squat – 12 repetitions per side (10kg each hand)

3B) Stability Ball Jackknife – 15 repetitions

3C) Side Plank – 45 seconds per side

I thnk I got a bit mixed up with posting my workouts the last few days, but today was workout B, with Advanced interval training, 20 secs hard, 40 secs easy, did this on the rower.

Nutrion:

Organic Oats - 30g Porridge Oats With 100ml Skimmed Milk, 30 g oats, 100ml skimmed milk

Generic - Side Salad, 1 Bowl
Sealord - Tuna Sensations - Sweet Thai Chilli, 100 g

Nuts - Cashew nuts, raw, 1 oz
Meadow Fresh (Nz) - Live Lite Vanilla Bean Yoghurt, 125 g
Watties - Stir Fry Vegetable Mix, 200 g
Bertoli - Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1/2 Tbsp, 1/2 TBSP (dont think I used this much really)

Carrots - Raw, 1 cup, chopped
Banana - Small, 1 Banana
Grapes - Green, Seedless, 1 cup
Country Goodness - Cottage Cheese,
Carrots - Raw, 1 cup, chopped
Banana - Small, 1 Banana

Total cals 1073

I have posted under the fat loss bit so am hoping that Craig will reply, have had a couple of replies from other members, but would be really interested to see what Craig says. I think I will stop eating cashews, only starting eating them as I wanted to up my protein, but they are very high in cals and according to myfitness pa, they don't actually have any more protien than a yoghurt, so not worth it. I will buy some more Almonds and use them instead, although I find them very sweet so wouln't use them in a stiry fry.

I am trying very hard not to have carbs, or at least white carbs, but it's very hard. Feel very full on vegetables, but give me an hour and I will be starving. My tummy also feels really sore and bloated and thats from eating veg/fruit and salad all day , I am confused! I thought you got that reaction from eating wheat/dairy?

Cheers for now Katie

Last edited by galaxy : 10-11-2010 at 05:20 AM.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:38 AM

Thumbs up

Katie,

give eating veggies & fruit a couple of days, may just take a bit of time for your body to adjust, you are asking it to work a bit more with digestion etc when cutting out white & processed foods....

saw you mentioned the greek yoghurt on that other post ...personally I like the fresh& fruity lite (esp very berry) yoghurt myself - as you say much of them are sweetened here though you might want to take a look at the "De Winkel" ones ( a tad expensive).

Only the fool, fixed in his folly, may think he can turn the wheel on which he turns

Roundballnz on Twitter, LJ, FB
Old 10-11-2010, 06:06 AM

Hey Katie

Just read this post and your one under fat loss - at just over 1000 cals i think you arent eating enough, those extra couple of hundred cals make a difference, especially on workout days you could be burning several hundred too so that would take you down to anywhere bewtween 600-800 cals which isnt enough!

Also are you drinking enough water - 2litres a day minimum really - helps alot especially with the adde dintake of fibre in the fruits and veggies :-)
Old 10-11-2010, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Thnk it;s day 34, will check on calendar!

I will buy some more Almonds and use them instead, although I find them very sweet so wouln't use them in a stiry fry.

I am trying very hard not to have carbs, or at least white carbs, but it's very hard. Feel very full on vegetables, but give me an hour and I will be starving. My tummy also feels really sore and bloated and thats from eating veg/fruit and salad all day , I am confused! I thought you got that reaction from eating wheat/dairy?

Cheers for now Katie
LOL about the spider. Just 1 in NZ that can bite you huh?! Better not move over to Aussie or somewhere like the Amazons,,, hehehehe.

Anyhows, about the cashews. I actually finished the last in the glass bottle last night. I have a packet of them still in my cupboard, but I know if I empty them, I'll just end up gobbling them down,,, too yummy. Have you ever tried soaking the almonds 6 -8 hours or overnight. Not only do they taste more like macadamia nuts, but apparently the tannin (the brown coloring which can supposedly be a little poisonous if too much is ingested) is water soluable. So after soaking them, the water is quite brown. Simply rinse, and your good to go

BTW, great advice given by Alex and HC.

I would up the water intake too. And if your feeling hungry after the fruit/veges, maybe a tablespoon of psyllium husks in water and down it. Must make sure though that you drink about an extra 500ml of water straight after to prevent constipation. Don't know when you would time this before or after your meal though. Someone else on here might be able to help with that.

As per the bloating feeling. I'm just wondering in what order you eat your fruit and veges. Fruit digests quicker, so it's best to have them before your veges or any other food for that matter, otherwise they can ferment on-top of what you've eaten before,,, food for thought.

Hope some of this helps.

Robyn.

Old 10-11-2010, 10:38 PM

Hi Katie-
Sorry you had a messy day! I'd freak over the spider too, we do get a lot around in the fall, but none that are really poisonous here.

I agree with a lot of the suggestions already:
1) Don't eat too little... average 1300 is probably ok, 1000 sounds too low.
2) Drink as much water and other non-caffeinated liquids as you can (I drink a lot of herbal teas).
3) Nuts are good for you (really any nuts, I don't think almonds are any better than cashews), but they are high in calories. They're not that high in protein though, for that, you're better off with greek yogurt or cottage cheese.
4) Try to eat more protein. Are you vegetarian? Protein will help you feel full.
5) Make sure you're eating enough fats too, they also help you feel full.

Oh, you asked about the Transformation workouts - I think they were from January and February, 2009, so you can probably buy them individually if you don't have a Platinum membership.

Current TT Log

Blog: Habits of Contradiction

"Feeling stressed simply means I need a better balance between stress and relaxation." - Tom Venuto, The Body Fat Solution
Old 10-12-2010, 04:58 PM

Hey Katie,

I've just started adding a scoop of protein powder to my green smoothies. I found something that seemed okay - it has soy in it, which I try to avoid (it's an estrogen-mimicker) but since I've eliminated processed foods from my diet w/ the exception of an occasional piece of bread and a few bites of cereal when I'm trying to clean up after the kids (and of course my occasional and lately very rare sweet treat), I figured I could deal with the minimal soy in the protein powder. I don't know if it will make a difference, but it makes me feel better to put it in there. And I did try adding cottage cheese to my smoothies a few times - and I do like cottage cheese - but the flavor of the smoothie was very unappetizing! In any case, if you're looking to up protein w/out eating eggs or meats, this could be the way to go. Plus, if you make it a green smoothie you get your spinach and Catherine would be so happy!

Old 10-12-2010, 11:49 PM

Quote:

This was awesome, really really enjoyed it. I even managed all the push ups and went through the circuit 3 times. Man it was tough, but really really good. My shoulder was playing up a bit on the close grip push ups, wasn't sure if I should carry on doing them, but my shoulder seems a bit better today so maybe working it did it some good.
Katie, shoulder okay now? I was really increasing and ignored pain and now can barely do 5 again and am doing an hour of PT a day. Just saying!
My TT#9 contest thread