TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 24th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2015, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by concetta27 View Post
Maintenance is somewhere around 1550 calories for me. I have not been able to lose any pounds lately. I am erring on the side of less for the time being until I find a good number. Experimenting on myself. Like you, trying to find the sweet spot. Concetta
Fair enough. I'd just say be careful taking calories too low too early in case you stall. I'd be thinking more about adding extra activity in the form of 1 or 2 brisk hour walks per week or something like that to try and insight some movement on the scale.

If I got my hands on you though I'd get you to focus on eating at maintenance or even just above and getting a little bit more muscle on that frame of yours. But you're a bit far away
Old 09-14-2015, 10:16 PM

Default Day 8

Training: Meatheads 5 x 20 Week 2 Workout A

Pre workout HSPU Practice - bw x 5 x 3

1a) Narrow Stance Front Squat - 80kg x 6 x 4
1b) Box jumps - bw x 3 x 4

2a) BB RDL - 100kg x 8 x 3
2b) Goblet BGSS - 25kg x 15 x 3 per side
2c) Prisoner Jump Squats - bw x 15 x 3
2d) Rocking Plank - bw x 40 x 3

3a) Narrow Stance BW Squat (max reps in 60 sec) - 50/50
3b) Swing Lunge (max reps in 60 sec) - 15/15 per leg

Tough little workout. My legs are already feeling it again. Took way too long this week though as I kept getting interrupted. The joys of training in a gym where absolutely everyone know's you.

The interrupter today was Lee Priest. Remember him? He was in the Mr Olympia battles in the early to late 90's and won the amateur Mr Universe title in 2013. He trains at my gym these days. Nice guy but he was very chatting today. Talking about the old days training at Golds Gym with Arnold etc.

Nutrition:

6am - vital greens, freedom tonic
12pm - (post workout shake) chocolate wpc, frozen berries, kale, banana, quinoa flakes, maca, chia seeds, coconut water
3pm - quest bar, apple
6pm - thai takeway: fish cakes, salmon song kroung (thai style salad), jasmine rice.
7pm - 4 pieces of 85% dark chocolate

Total Calories: 1846 | Protein 125g | Carbs 230g | Fat 45g |
Old 09-15-2015, 09:06 AM

What is your fave quest bar flavor? I'm enjoying cookies and cream.
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17
Old 09-15-2015, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterJankowski View Post
Fair enough. I'd just say be careful taking calories too low too early in case you stall. I'd be thinking more about adding extra activity in the form of 1 or 2 brisk hour walks per week or something like that to try and insight some movement on the scale.

If I got my hands on you though I'd get you to focus on eating at maintenance or even just above and getting a little bit more muscle on that frame of yours. But you're a bit far away
Watching the scale and calories to make sure I don't stall. Fairly certain I have been eating above maintenance.
Most days I walk at least a mile at lunch, try some kind of activity after work.
I'm sure with your personal attention I would be whipped into shape in no time. Figured TT 2.0 would be a good place to start to build some muscle. Maybe a meat head next. Thanks for your advice, greatly appreciated. Concetta
Old 09-15-2015, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieM View Post
What is your fave quest bar flavor? I'm enjoying cookies and cream.
I have two favorites at present. White chocolate raspberry and peanut butter & jelly.

So tasty. I always have a couple in my gym bag when I training clients. Whilst I try not to rely on them they are great when you're in a bind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by concetta27 View Post
Watching the scale and calories to make sure I don't stall. Fairly certain I have been eating above maintenance.
Most days I walk at least a mile at lunch, try some kind of activity after work.
I'm sure with your personal attention I would be whipped into shape in no time. Figured TT 2.0 would be a good place to start to build some muscle. Maybe a meat head next. Thanks for your advice, greatly appreciated. Concetta
Sounds like you've got it all in hand Concetta. Meathead programs would definitely work well for your goals I think.
Old 09-15-2015, 06:10 PM

Default Day 9

Training: Meatheads 5 x 20 Week 2 Workout B

1a) DB Chest Press - 35kg's x 5 x 3 - bench presses were all taken up so I opted for DB's. I prefer them anyway.
1b) DB RDR - 2.5kg x 20 x 3

2a) Weight Pull-Up - 10kg x 5 x 3.
2b) DB Incline Press - 20kg x 20/20/19

3a) TRX Row - bw x 20 x 3
3b) Plank to Tricep Ext - bw x 5 x 3 (2/0/2/2) - this is too easy, might have to add extra reps next week or sup in close grip pushups or something?
3c) DB Curl - 8kg x 20 x 3

No finisher. Very quick session between clients

Nutrition:
5am - vital green, freedom tonic
7am - quest bar, apple
12pm - (post workout shake) chocolate wpc, frozen berries, kale, banana, quinoa flakes, maca, chia seeds, coconut water
3pm - coffee smoothie (shot of esspresso, scoop of wpc, 1 tbsp abc butter, unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
7pm - chicken, broccoli and mushroom stir-fry with basmati rice.
8pm - 4 pieces of 85% dark chocolate

Total Calories: 1993 | Protein 148g | Carbs 238g | Fat 47g |
Old 09-16-2015, 11:08 PM

Default Day 10

Training: This is usually an off day but today I participated in an obstacle race "Night Attack" with a group of my clients. Kinda like Tough Mudder but only 5km long and held at night.

It was a great laugh and my body is feeling just a little bit beaten up today so I'm pushing back today's scheduled deadlift session until tomorrow.

Highlights of the night were the rope climb. I managed to pull myself up a 20 foot rope (no knots in the rope) to ring a cow bell before our team could move on and the ice bath which was just insane. Overall a great night.

Here's a picture from the end of the race. Soaking wet, covered in sand but still smiling

Nutrition:

5am - vital greens, freedom tonic
8am - smoothie with banana, chocolate wpc, abc butter, vanilla almond milk - yum yum yum
12pm - 2 eggs on sour dough, 1 apple
2.30pm - quest bar
5pm - pork sausages (low fat), 2 cups of jasmine rice, 2 cups broccoli , 4 pieces of dark chocolate
8pm - 1 beer (free beer post race)

Total Calories: 1990 | Protein 120g | Carbs 217g | Fat 66g |

So today I'm resting up and tomorrow I shall hit up workout C. I'll weigh in tomorrow as well and if I haven't made in progress on the scale I will consider going on a lower carb regimen for a while. We shall see.

Last edited by PeterJankowski : 09-16-2015 at 11:12 PM.
Old 09-17-2015, 07:17 AM

Peter-Congrats on that rope climb! Impressive. Better that you participated with your clients. Way to go. Concetta
Old 09-17-2015, 03:16 PM

Default Day 11

Training: Nil other than some foam rolling

Nutrition:

1am - quest bar - woke up starving in the middle of the night after the night attack race so wolfed one of these down to enable sleep to return. It worked.
5am - vital greens, freedom tonic
9am - quest bar, apple
12pm - 2 eggs on sour dough, sauteed kale, 1/2 cup blueberries
6pm - Taco's (grass fed mince, lots of fresh salsa, guacamole, cheese, creme fraiche), 4 pieces of 85% dark chocolate

Total Calories: 1802 | Protein 132g | Carbs 179g | Fat 74g |

My fat intake has crept up a little bit the last couple of days. I've been trying to keep it between 50 to 60 grams per day.

I'll weight in later this morning and see what the scale has to say. I will take a waist measurement as well. I feel a little leaner just can't tell for sure. The tape measure never lies though.
Old 09-17-2015, 06:08 PM

Default Day 12 - Weigh In

Weight:

Day 1: 88.6kg
Day 12: 87.1kg

Waist:

Day 1: 36 inches
Day 12: 35.5 inches

Hips

Day 1: 40.5 inches
Day 12: 39.5 inches

Leg and arm measurements the same.
Carbs to stay for the time being

Last edited by PeterJankowski : 09-17-2015 at 06:20 PM.