TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 24th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2015, 08:57 AM

Default 9/8/15

Body/Physical:Weight is dropping. Pushups are improving.

DietDiet was good yesterday. I have a big pot of homemade chili and discovered a way to add a liitle more green into the meal. I put a handful of spinach in the bowl and ladled the hot chili over the top. The heat from the chili was enough to wilt it up. I just stirred it in. The spicy chili didn't allow the spinach flavor to overtake the dish. Today I'm making chocolate hummus for mid-afternoon snack with an apple. I'll let ya know how it turns out.

ProductivityI was doing pretty well until a dentist appt. for my son took 3 hours and rides for my kids fell apart!

Personal DevelopmentReading is on track. The fiction book turned out to be a little racy! I'm learning that much we know about native Americans is not really accurate or trustworthy at the least. I had to cancel my bootcamp last night because my husband is travelling and I had kids at 2 locations without rides home. I missed both of their games driving back and forth. I'm feeling pretty frustrated about making all of this work. I'm Debbie Downer today. Sorry Guys!
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17

Last edited by LeslieM : 09-09-2015 at 09:00 AM.
Old 09-09-2015, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieM View Post
Body/Physical:Weight is dropping. Pushups are improving.

DietDiet was good yesterday. I have a big pot of homemade chili and discovered a way to add a liitle more green into the meal. I put a handful of spinach in the bowl and ladled the hot chili over the top. The heat from the chili was enough to wilt it up. I just stirred it in. The spicy chili didn't allow the spinach flavor to overtake the dish. Today I'm making chocolate hummus for mid-afternoon snack with an apple. I'll let ya know how it turns out.

ProductivityI was doing pretty well until a dentist appt. for my son took 3 hours and rides for my kids fell apart!

Personal DevelopmentReading is on track. The fiction book turned out to be a little racy! I'm learning that much we know about native Americans is not really accurate or trustworthy at the least. I had to cancel my bootcamp last night because my husband is travelling and I had kids at 2 locations without rides home. I missed both of their games driving back and forth. I'm feeling pretty frustrated about making all of this work. I'm Debbie Downer today. Sorry Guys!
As Craig reminds us... "This too, shall pass".

Keep at it!
Old 09-09-2015, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Body/Physical I'm Debbie Downer today. Sorry Guys!
Can't keep a good girl down. Rise up!! Concetta
Old 09-11-2015, 05:12 PM

Default 9/10/15

Thanks guys! I am feeling better. I move my bootcamp indoors on Tuesday and no travel for hubby on the horizon.

Body/Physical:Weight is still dropping, push-ups still improving. I have not actually done a TT workout yet. Unless you count my own. I have not felt like going to the gym and just found my weights in a box a few days ago.

DietDiet was great until dinner. I had pumpkin pie. Not for dessert. For Dinner. Today is a fast, but we are having a birthday celebration. Someone is 47 and it's not me!

ProductivityYesterday was great for staying on schedule. Today, not so much.

Personal DevelopmentI got all of my reading done. I wrote the following from The Best Yes in my journal: "The decisions you make determine the schedule you keep. The schedule you keep determines the life you live. And how you live your life determines how you spend your soul." I want to spend my soul on things that really matter.

I learned about the diet of Native Americans from my history reading.

I got a new fiction book called the Imperfectionists.

Tatoo and the National Anthem just played here on the base. They do this every weekday and you are expected to stop your car if driving or stop and show respect if walking. It's kind of cool. Here is Tatoo if you are interested!

http://www.music.army.mil/music/buglecalls/tattoo.asp

The music is at the bottom. We also have a movie theater on base. You stand for the national anthem before the movie starts, even Magic Mike!

edited to say that I have never seen Magic Mike. I don't see what the big deal is with Channing Tatum.
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17

Last edited by LeslieM : 09-11-2015 at 05:14 PM.
Old 09-15-2015, 08:57 AM

Default 9/14/15

Body/Physical-I did workout one for the Total Body Blast

Diet-Good, except had a glass of wine with dinner

Productivity-Schedule was off because my young-ins were off for Rosh Hashanah

Personal Development: I got all of my reading done except the American History. Highlight: "Never is a woman more fulfilled as when she chooses to underwhelm her schedule so she can let God overwhelm her soul." Asking the question "Why am I doing this?" a lot.
Old 09-15-2015, 01:34 PM

Quote:
I didn't have a bench when I did this workout. I should do it again with all the right eqipment!
Nice and easy at the gym, benches next to each other, hardly had to move. Keep up the good work. Concetta
Old 09-17-2015, 02:51 PM

Still here! My diet has not been great. I've been floating down a red wine river while someone feeds me cheeze-its. Not really. I have been boozing it up and eating cheeze-its though. I guess it's stress. It could also be that occasionally I lose my mind and all of my self-control with it.

I'm back at it today. No more wine for a while. Definitely no more cheeze-its.

I have been working out. I have been holding boot camp. I am going to start some one-on-one training next week I hope. I'm not sure how much to charge.

Reading is going good except for the American History stuff. We have some cool events coming up in the next few weeks that should make it come alive. Our house backs to the Minute Man Trail and the site of Paul Revere's capture the night of his Midnight Ride.

That's all for now.
Old 09-22-2015, 11:21 AM

I'm still here and still pushing. Just not feeling super motivated to go all out on my journal entries I guess. I'm doing well on most of my challenges despite some major family stress.

This is from my reading today. I thought it might help someone else:

"Whatever attitude we bring into a situation will be multiplied. In my home if I bring a grumpy attitude, it doesn't take long for everyone to start acting a little grumpy. In my office, if I bring a tense approach to meeting, it doesn't take long for everyone else to start feeling tense. In a friendship, if I bring a defensive and edgy response, it doesn't take long for my friend to get defensive and edgy."

I choose to multiply hope and kindness today. I choose to multiply hope, fun and confidence with my bootcamp girls tonight. Have great day y'all!
Old 09-22-2015, 12:28 PM

Quote:
I'm still here and still pushing. Just not feeling super motivated to go all out on my journal entries I guess. I'm doing well on most of my challenges despite some major family stress.

This is from my reading today. I thought it might help someone else:

"Whatever attitude we bring into a situation will be multiplied. In my home if I bring a grumpy attitude, it doesn't take long for everyone to start acting a little grumpy. In my office, if I bring a tense approach to meeting, it doesn't take long for everyone else to start feeling tense. In a friendship, if I bring a defensive and edgy response, it doesn't take long for my friend to get defensive and edgy."

I choose to multiply hope and kindness today. I choose to multiply hope, fun and confidence with my bootcamp girls tonight. Have great day y'all!
Great thanks for sharing!
Old 12-02-2015, 05:45 PM

Oh my goodness. I don't know what I was thinking trying to do this in the midst of a move!