TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 18th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2013, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig.mitch316 View Post
I am sorry to hear this...I too have been finding it difficult to balance things in my life at the moment. There never seems to be enough time. I hope it all works out for you...Good Luck!
You too Craig! I'm not sure the answer (to balancing) but I know that I'm not quitting...so I just keep trying to find different ways to get it all in! Good luck to you too!
Old 10-27-2013, 05:33 PM

Default 10/27/13

Bodyweight workout 2 - 5 rounds of 5, 30-15. I got through all 5 rounds. Yeah! Honestly, unless I sweat, which I am, it doesn't feel like a workout!
Old 10-28-2013, 08:39 AM

Default 10/28/13

Off day today...but I wanted to make sure I was on the right track for the day.

I keep forgetting to mention that I LOVE drinking warm water with lemon first thing in the morning. I don't remember whose post I got the idea from, but thank you!!

After walking the dogs and feeding the dogs and cats, I did my usual hour of reading...this also lets me slowly stretch my muscles around my left sciatic problem.

Then, I did a modified beginner 20-10 workout
4 rounds of prisoner squats
4 rounds of kneeling push ups
4 rounds of stick ups
4 rounds of planks
and 4 rounds of glute bridge

Now, off to the chiropractor, the store, and work! 4 days on campus this week. I'm off to NYC on Friday for Hay House's Speak, Write, and Promote! Very excited!!
Old 10-29-2013, 09:55 PM

Default 10/29/13

Things came up...like trying to get my "soon to be ex" out the door this morning, so I got in a very late workout.

2 rounds of the bodyweight big 10. ...as best I could. Next time, I'll get 3 rounds!

Today, my day drained me. Or may be its the things (people) that I dealt with. I promise to be better to myself than that A lot to accomplish before 11/15. I'm going to actually devote the time and energy to sit down and plan it out. Major work tasks that must be finished. I've blocked off time, but I don't yet have a plan. I'll work on that later...report in tomorrow.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:03 PM

Default 11/6/13

I haven't been able to post in almost a week because of travel and lack of computer access, but I have done a great job keeping up with my diet and workouts. The daily workouts have been a wonderful addition, especially the quick ones on non-workout days. I was able to do a lot of walking in NYC as well. I love the city because it keeps me moving.

I can't believe there are only 24 days left... but it doesn't mean that I'll be stopping!
Old 11-07-2013, 06:22 AM

So as we are getting close to the end of the 18th TT contest when should we take our final measurements and post up our results and stories? I'm so pleased with results!
Old 11-09-2013, 06:25 PM

Default 11/9/13

Modified a beginner workout today:
20-10
4 rounds glute bridge
4 rounds ecentric push ups
4 rounds stick ups
4 rounds plank
4 rounds prisoner squats

I was very hopeful that I was on the other side of the sciatica, having very little trouble on my recent trip to NYC...but the past 2 days, it has returned.

Under the gun with major deadlines through the next 10 days too! I honestly think that stress is part of my problem.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:28 AM

Smile 11/11/13

Yesterday's workout was great! Thank you so much for creating the daily workout emails. I said this before, but they are there, gives me variety, and I know that I don't have to think.

20-10 2 rounds of each
Prisoner Squats
T-pushups
total body extensions
pushups
Swing lunges (these were challenging for me)
Mountain climbers
punisher squats...the work out called for 8 rounds. I was only able to do 2 rounds, rest, and then 2 more.

Today I'm planning an easy day. It is a holiday at work so I'm getting a much needed extra day to my weekend. It is time to plan ahead for the week!

Speaking of planning, I found an interesting ap for the ipad, 30/30. It lets you plan for your day, put in breaks...and provides a timer to keep you on track. I'm doing better than I used to, but when I am crashing on deadlines, I often get the feeling of overwhelm, or as I call it, "thrashing". It is going from one thing to the next and not being able to focus fully on any one because of all the other things pressing you inside your head. For me, it gives me a lack of focus and resulting lack of productivity. I think this tool, might just help!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Monday!!
Old 11-13-2013, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridener View Post
Speaking of planning, I found an interesting ap for the ipad, 30/30. It lets you plan for your day, put in breaks...and provides a timer to keep you on track. I'm doing better than I used to, but when I am crashing on deadlines, I often get the feeling of overwhelm, or as I call it, "thrashing". It is going from one thing to the next and not being able to focus fully on any one because of all the other things pressing you inside your head. For me, it gives me a lack of focus and resulting lack of productivity. I think this tool, might just help!
Sounds like a great tool to help with "thrashing". Hope it is helping! Concetta
Old 11-14-2013, 06:00 AM

Default 11/14/13

Fit in a late workout last night. The 2nd in the beginner, one of my favorites because there was a time that I couldn't do side planks. It really helped me to release the stress of the day.

Busy day again today!

Update on 30/30...the key is taking the time to plan and the having the discipline to close out the urgent urges. ...those people outside my door who have an issue that they want addressed now! Oh, for sound proof offices!