TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 18th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2013, 07:13 PM
Administrator

Default 18th TT Contest Entries Here

You can submit your entry to the 12-week 18th TT Transformation Contest here.

Please post your photos and your essay in this thread.

NOTE: This thread is only for final photos and essays. All other posts will be removed.

DOUBLE NOTE: You can also email your entries to support@turbulencetraining.com

Congratulations!

We are all super proud of your accomplishments. Stay strong.

To your success,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer
Old 11-23-2013, 08:41 PM

Smile Barbara Ridener - 18th Transformation Contest submission - day 84

Today, 11/23/13 my 84th day. I began this contest with 3 types of goals: workout/weight loss, reading/writing, and personal. I am amazed and beyond grateful at my results! My personal transformation exceeded my expectation and will ultimately serve me most in the future.

I began the contest hoping to learn to say “no” and find balance in my work/personal life. I knew how to support my family and do things to meet others’ expectations. I didn’t know how to meet my own without feeling guilty or how to keep myself accountable for personal goals when other things got in the way or were difficult. That person, I no longer recognize and now find myself making plans and decisions based on my heart, my passions, and my goals.

For weight loss, I didn’t make as much progress as I hoped, but I know my progress will continue. Instead of not submitting and naming myself a failure, I know that for me, this has been a success. Even with sciatic pain and skin cancer surgery, I used a beginner or body weight workout from the Home Workout program (that I bought in February) 3-4 days per week. Most days I ate healthy and usually tracked what I ate. I know I will keep at this.

I met my reading goals. I made progress with consistent posts to my blog and finished more of my work related writing projects than ever. My writing goals will carry me forward. This is where I see my future.

I am thankful to the support from the members and the website. Every encouraging word, kept me going, kept me coming back. That was priceless. Thank you! This experience has changed my life.

9/1/13 11/24/13
Weight 190 185
Bust 40 38
Waist 39.5 36
Hips 47 46
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ridener Day84 TT 18.jpg (24.0 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg Ridener paper 11.23.13.jpg (24.4 KB, 18 views)
Old 12-08-2013, 09:21 AM

Default Craig M's road to recovery...As I Rise Above!

Well guys, this is the end...and where to begin?

What an amazing journey this has been for me, the hard work and dedication I have put in to get to where I am now. It seems to me like just yesterday that I was mulling around in my head about getting into shape...fast forward 9 months and here we are.

On this journey I have learnt so much, especially about myself and what the human body can endure...regardless of injury that one might carry; AKA, myself and my bulged discs in my spinal column.

I think for myself personally, keeping a workout journal kept me in check and accountable for my actions. Thank you to all for your support and taking the time to read through my journal..it was part of my driving force to achieving my end goal. I am proud to say that I never lost focus of that goal, tho at times my nutrition went South and the wheels came off the wagon. I would pick up the pieces, look ahead and get back on track.

This brings me to my next point, nutrition. I can't thank TT enough for the info I have gathered and learnt from others...especially coming across Brad Pilons book, ESE through this website. With these principals in place I have managed to forge the body I now have, which I am extremely proud of.

Goals I had set myself in my entry essay:

1) - I would like to get my body fat to around 10%, lower if possible and chisel sexy beautiful abs (long time dream)
2) - Strengthen my back around my spine even more than what I have already achieved and my shoulders (some of the nagging injuries I carry).
3) - Become a better husband to my wife and father to my kids.
4) - Get the confidence to maybe make a career change or look for a new job in 2014.
5) - Improve my diet.

Here are my views and achievements:
1) - Gauging from the photos when I started the transformation contest, I estimate my body fat to be around the 12 to 15%. At the end of the contest according to a 3 point measure I did twice, my body fat is sitting between 8 and 10% and I can see my abs quite clearly now. I have received a fair share of compliments on this achievement
2) - I have strengthened my back ten fold in the last 12 weeks...A very important achievement for me. I have also noticed how much better I carry myself these days. My back pain is much more manageable and a huge improvement on my flexibility. This goes for my shoulders too...jumping jacks was awesome for giving me back my shoulder mobility.
3) - This area has improved but not as much as I would like...I am still working on it; it also may be due to buying a house right in the middle of the contest.
4) - Again, another are that needs improvement.
5) - This is another important achievement...as I said earlier that I have learnt so much about nutrition here...I account this for the results I have achieved and have managed to make the changes a sustainable lifestyle for myself.

Other important areas in my life that have benefited from my journey is my health...my cholesterol is in check and well with in the safe limits range. I have been off my cholesterol medicine now for 9 months. My Dr. was blown away by my achievements and results.

Below are my final pics...which I must say I am very pleased with. If I wasn't as pasty as Casper the ghost my results may have shown up better. Nonetheless, I can't complain of the end results I have achieved...I am very proud to have earned this .

=====
=====

=====
=====

=====
=====
My final stats are from start to finish:
Weight: 73.4kg - 71.5kg
waist: 87.5cm - 82.5cm
Hips: 90.5cm - 88cm
Height: 5'11"

As I find this is the end of my fat loss journey...this is only the beginning of my muscle building journey. I am within 1cm now of my Adonis golden ratio waist measurement that my focus has now shifted to muscle building.

Once again, thank you to all for the support...it has been quite a journey. Good luck to all the other contestants, I am sure you have all done well.

Craig M.

Nutrition log
Workout Journal

Last edited by craig.mitch316 : 12-09-2013 at 08:01 AM. Reason: Added age and height.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:04 AM

Default Paulann White's Transformation

Paulann White*************

It is not easy being one of the oldest amongst mostly 40 to 50 year olds in an exercise class.
But I do it at least three times or more each week, and I would not change it for anything.

As an adult I had found it was easier to do little, but when I retired I decided it was time to take charge of myself, and this is how I have progressed.

I was over 200 lbs, beginning to get high blood pressure, cancer survivor (about 20 years) and yet un-satisified with myself. **So first, I planned to remove the weight by joining Weight Watchers starting out at well over 200 lbs with an arm girth of at least 18 1/2 inches, waist measurement of at least 43”, thighs at a mere 46”. **Unable to wear a shirt without loose long sleeves since I was to embarrassed to show my arms. *August 2011, I started the WW journey. During this I did a lot of walking at least 3 to 4 miles a day, and on January 2, 2013 I made lifetime after losing a 66 pounds. *Was I happy yes...I can accomplish something, the first ever in my life and I felt I came in first. *But I noticed other things still bugged me.

It was the hanging shreds of fat on my stomach, chest, arms, thighs, and I did not have a *waist...tho’ the realization did not come until about 5 weeks after I started Turbulence Training. *

Yes, Catherine Gordon got me started….the exuberance which she evokes, plus the proper alignment of my body made training fun, and each session over much to soon. **

Turbulence Training was my answer.

When I first started I had a bit of balance on my right side and none on the left, but now I have much more. **When I first started doing planks I was lucky to get through 5 seconds, and never believed I could do 30 seconds. Push ups were only on the wall, and then I couldn’t even do one. *I have progressed to the floor push ups in a modified position, and do as many as my younger counter parts.

Lunges and reverse lunges were not on my list, especially trying to keep a flat back...but I can do them now.

I Bodyweight Squats, Cross Crawls, and Mountain Climbers until I was blue in the face. I just wanted to do what the younger guys and gals were doing. **

Now for the Burpee’s...I still have to get better at doing those so use the alternative stand still burpee. **Is is so exciting to have Catherine as a trainer for your Turbulence Training program. She never gives up on anyone, and continues to guide and direct, and all with a smile and lots of fun. **

I continue to have bouts of tears as I find something new I can now do, and have never done before. *Like actually feeling my ab muscles actually working after years of not doing anything but eat. *

I always thought my waist was where my hips were. What a surprise that was!

Thank you so much for putting your wonderful program in the hands of a capable gifted young lady, Catherine Gordon.

Oh, and did I mention the mental alertness...what a difference I can now remember some of the names of the exercises...this has been a mind and body relationship.

Just know with Catherine teaching me the basics of your Turbulence Training program I will have a body I never knew existed. *Let the rest of the seniors know that “you are never to old” and don’t let the youngsters make you feel uncomfortable with their agility...you will catch up.

My three TT programs were:

TT Thermogenic
Home Workout Revolution
CBS Abs

I started at 150 pounds *Now: 146 pounds = 4 pounds lost
Now for the inches!

Neck: 12.5" Now: 12" Down 1/2 inch
Chest: 39" Now: 38" Down 1 inch
Waist: 33.5" Now: 30.5 Down 3 inches
Hips: 39" Now 37" Down 2 inches
Thigh 22" Now 20" Down 2 inches each
Calf 15" Now 14" Down 1 inch
Arm 12.5" Now 12" Down I/2 inch

An amazing 12 inches on 7 measurements. The best part is those three inches off my waist.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pualann before.jpg (38.1 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg Paulann after 2.jpg (37.8 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Paulann After 3.jpg (28.7 KB, 16 views)
Old 12-08-2013, 09:17 PM

Gilbert Proulx
Age - 28
Weight: Start 204 - Finish 180
Waist: Start 41" - Finish 34"

My Comeback

It’s amazing how the planets can align and reality can punch you in the gut one day. I was three weeks away from having my first son and unhappy with how I looked. I’ve been battling weight issues my entire life and have never felt good in my skin. I’ve been addicted to food and loved to indulge, but I also knew this wasn’t the type of person I wanted to be for my son. Oddly enough, around the same time I got an email from Craig.

I still have the email that changed my life from Craig. Having subscribed to many fitness email lists over the years, I get a constant barrage of them. The subject line of this one was “Your comeback and return from Dark days”. I’ve taken so many words from the message to heart and have gone back to them throughout the challenge - “Don’t Stop”, “Every morning is a new opportunity to be a better you”. Simple words with a profound effect.

That day, I bought TT and throughout the 12 weeks I did TT for Mass, Meathead Pump and am currently finishing TT for Buff dudes. Amazingly, these workouts are focused and intense and allow me to get a great workout without ever getting bored. I’m proud of my accomplishments because I never stepped foot in a gym and I want to show that it is possible to get into great shape without doing so. Every workout was done from home which to me was key. Having your workout equipment at home really leaves no excuse to not do them. I’ve also managed to adopt this lifestyle despite the challenges that being a new father has presented itself.

Having my workouts locked in, I needed to clean up my diet. I read through the Simple Nutrition and was amazed at how easy it could be. I didn’t count calories, or macro nutrients. I simply ate as natural as I could, focusing on a diet full of protein and fresh fruits and veggies. For once, I wasn’t beating my head against a wall trying to make sure my calories were low or high enough.

At the end of the day, I lost 24 pounds and 7 inches off my waist. Although, I'd wager that I've probably gained some muscle along the way. I'm fitting into clothes that I've hardly worn in the past and am looking to donate all of my fat clothes! Surprisingly, the key to my success was not over thinking it. I wanted to find something that could fit my lifestyle that I could sustain past 12 weeks. I needed to stop obsessing over food and just needed to start living a healthier lifestyle.

I’d like to thank Craig and Turbulence Training team for their support and encouragement throughout these past 12 weeks. It’s truly inspiring that Craig is so visible on the forums. He is not just someone selling a product as he truly cares about his clients and their progress. From here, I move forward and keep working towards a rock hard body!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Front (640x427).jpg (70.2 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg Side (640x427).jpg (66.4 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg Back (640x427).jpg (77.4 KB, 23 views)
Old 12-09-2013, 03:57 AM

Default Denise Patterson - Stayin Strong!

Coming from a long, painful history of injury, chronic illness, and obesity my life has been a physically and emotionally painful road. I hit rock bottom on 5/19/13 at my highest weight and BOOM!, overnight I made the choice to change my eating habits and never looked back; now I eat clean, green, and lean. I lost a lot of weight that way, but I was still soft to the core, floundering with cardio and piecemeal MRT for 3+ months. Enter TT2.0 and success was only 30 minutes 3x/week away.

I started with Intro and worked up to Advanced2K4; I absolutely LOVE what it’s done for my health and fitness. The Week 12 numbers speak volumes, and I’m gaining strength; I’ve increased dumbbell weights from 8lbs to 15lbs for warm-ups and 25lbs for workouts. Now after each session, I thirst for more instead of the "Yay it's over!" feeling I had Week 1.

My greatest motivation has been realizing that others are motivated seeing my results; hearing people ask what I'm doing and hearing them tell me they're going home to exercise is a motivation I wasn't counting on. To be able to laugh with them about the big bag of chips I used to eat in one sitting, and then move right into them asking me about food choices and exercise is an irony that weighs heavily on my choices and actions now.

I surpassed my goal to lose 20lbs and get below 25% body fat using the simple weight/height formula; though not accurate, it was a consistent measuring tool rather than relying on the scale’s interpretation of this stat.

This isn’t my finish line. I still have a ways to go with tone and muscle definition, but this is who I am now; habits I’ve developed to get this far will continue to carry me through a healthier, longer life. I feel incredible, and my confidence and self-esteem continue to improve as I become leaner and more agile than ever.

If I can do it, anyone can! Grab the reins and get ready for the ride of your life; you simply can’t go wrong with Turbulence Training. It was designed to bring results, and it does.

Stats Start End
Weight 162 lbs 131 lbs
Body Fat% 28.7% 23.2%
Bust 35.5” 33”
Waist 36” 30.25”
Hip 42.5” 36.75”
Thigh-L 24.5” 20.75”
Thigh-R 24.75” 21.5"
Calf-L 15.5” 14.25”
Calf-R 16” 14.25”
Arm-L 12.75” 10.25”
Arm-R 12.75” 10”
Shirts XL S/M
Jeans/Shorts 10/12 5/7
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Denise TT Before.jpg (84.6 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg Denise Front TT Final3.jpg (65.2 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg Denise Side TT Final2.jpg (59.4 KB, 25 views)