TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 22nd Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2015, 12:44 PM
Administrator

great insight, thanks Shawn, and good luck to you. I pretty much stick to spinach when I'm in control of my meals. Fortunately I really like it too and no longer miss broccoli.
Old 01-29-2015, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Ballantyne View Post
great insight, thanks Shawn, and good luck to you. I pretty much stick to spinach when I'm in control of my meals. Fortunately I really like it too and no longer miss broccoli.
Thank you, Craig. Your streaking thread has me inspired to do the same for my digestive issues....even if it means giving up some of the foods I love.
I do eat a lot of spinach. I usually have about 3 or 4 handfuls in the morning with my scrambled eggs cooked in coconut oil. I eat a lot of Swiss chard as well.
Old 01-31-2015, 10:07 AM

How did this week go for you?(I have re-written this sentence four times!)
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17
Old 02-02-2015, 09:43 AM

Thank you everyone for the feedback and advice, I really do appreciate it!

Last week went really well for me. I didn't have any digestive issues and generally felt great all week. The 16 hours of fasting is a huge challenge for me though. There were a few days that I was close to giving in, but I held strong.

I'm going to stick with this for at least another week, then I might switch it up to a 12 hour fast with a light breakfast afterwards. I think that will be more sustainable long term. It's all about finding what works best.

I've also cut out grains, dairy will be next.

Thank you all for the support!
Old 02-02-2015, 01:50 PM
Administrator

stay strong, Derek! Well done.
Old 02-08-2015, 12:30 PM

This week went very well, although I didn't stick to a strict 16/8 IF every day. I usually train early in the morning on Tues/Thurs, around 5 a.m., so I had a little something to eat after those workouts.

But then I was back on the 16/8 routine on Friday and Saturday. That's going to be the plan going forward, 3-4 IF days a week, and the others I'll eat something in the morning.

Especially the mornings where I have a couple hours worth of meetings at my day job, definitely need a little something to get me through those

I don't really eat a lot of dairy, but I cut the majority of it out last week. I had some cottage cheese on Friday night (I know, living on the WILD side!), but that's about it.

Zero digestive issues and I'm down about 10 pounds since I took my measurements in January, while still increasing my strength.

Now it's time to hit the grocery store and load up on the good stuff!
Old 02-08-2015, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekWahler View Post
This week went very well, although I didn't stick to a strict 16/8 IF every day. I usually train early in the morning on Tues/Thurs, around 5 a.m., so I had a little something to eat after those workouts.

But then I was back on the 16/8 routine on Friday and Saturday. That's going to be the plan going forward, 3-4 IF days a week, and the others I'll eat something in the morning.

Especially the mornings where I have a couple hours worth of meetings at my day job, definitely need a little something to get me through those

I don't really eat a lot of dairy, but I cut the majority of it out last week. I had some cottage cheese on Friday night (I know, living on the WILD side!), but that's about it.

Zero digestive issues and I'm down about 10 pounds since I took my measurements in January, while still increasing my strength.

Now it's time to hit the grocery store and load up on the good stuff!

I love cottage cheese.......slow digesting protein! (although I have a co worker that dumps sugar on it) YIKES, the WILD side...............
Old 02-09-2015, 09:56 AM
Administrator

Well done Derek, so glad to hear things are going smoothly for you. Stay strong and keep on this great streak.
Old 03-05-2015, 11:01 AM
Administrator

how are things, Derek?
Old 03-06-2015, 09:50 AM

Things are going really well. I've settled on a 12 hour fast every day, usually from 7 pm to 7 am. After that, it's 4 meals throughout the day (breakfast, lunch, pm snack, dinner).

I'm still riding the streak of ZERO digestive issues since my November surgery. After having one every 2 weeks before, it feels really great to be back to normal again. I think this way of eating has definitely helped.

I've also started making my own "greens" drink once a day. It's pretty simple:

-3 big handfuls of spinach, kale or a mix of both
-2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
-1 scoop vanilla protein powder
-2 cups of ice

It's my own version of the Shamrock Shake, with a million less calories.

In terms of TT contest, I haven't taken my measurements since Day 1, but I can see and feel the big changes that have occurred in the last few months.

I'll post an updated "after" picture here next week. Thanks for the support!

Last edited by DerekWahler : 03-06-2015 at 10:15 AM.