TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 22nd Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2015, 12:28 PM

To avoid getting back to my studying, I just looked up a Black Russian.(sounds like a mafia hit man) Seems like it would be pretty easy to steep coffee in vodka and add some flavored liquid stevia.(chocolate would be good) You can even give it as gifts in mason jars! (Craig's Moonshine)
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17
Old 03-11-2015, 10:38 AM
Administrator

Streaking Update

1) Write 3000 words per day

Wrote a long ETR Team Email newsletter and a bunch of TT emails this week. Also working on some copy and organizing the book.

2) No Post Dinner Binge Eating

None. Not even tempted. No booze helps.

3) 1 Drink Maximum

Laying off for a few days. Will have some temptations next week in Denver, but I am prepared to cut it off at just one drink. That's all I need.

4) No Outbursts or Snarkiness

Yesterday Bally and I stopped to have a chat with a nice lil' 80-year old lady who was out for a walk

5) Healthy Gut Days

Feeling a little bloated today, but otherwise things are good. Good habits lead to good results.

Always looking for answers,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer
Old 03-14-2015, 03:30 PM
Administrator

Streaking Update

Finished up essays on the daily rituals of Stephen King and Thomas Jefferson, and TT emails with appearances by Steve Millar and St. Patrick.

Today is a travel day to Denver, tomorrow is Deadlift Day. During the flight I'll be finishing the TT WOM for April (return to bodyweight training) and the TT Summit copy. We've already filled a lot of seats without a web page.

None. Not even tempted. No booze helps. Today I'll eat an early dinner on the plane (5:30-ish EST, but 3:30ish MST). Sunday morning will bring an early wake-up (since I'll still be on EST), an equally early breakfast, then deadlifting. So I'm all dialed in here, and will stick to my 12-hour daily fast between supper and breakfast.

3) 1 Drink Maximum

Laying off alcohol for a few more days until Monday and Tuesday when I'll be out with Matt Smith and some members of the ETR team. He and I have a lot of BIG things to catch up on. So much good stuff to celebrate and big plans to look forward to, including him returning to the www.BlackSmithCamp.com in Lithuania in August.

A printer malfunction nearly caused an incident, but I reigned in bad habit and responded in a calm tone. It was a close call. I need to do better. I need to speak slowly. Count to 10, Craig, C'mon, you can do it. Believe in yourself.

5) Healthy Gut Days

Yesterday Dr. Peter Osborne and I had a 45-minute consultation. He reviewed some of my latest tests and had good news to report. My gut bacteria levels are almost perfect, just a little low in a couple of strains, and there are fewer harmful substances residing in the ol' intestines.

We had a good laugh about Bedros, too. At our last Mastermind meeting one of our coaching clients gave a passionate spiel about the prevalence of Candida Albicans in the population. Her website sells solutions for this issue, and she spoke so convincingly that both Bedros and I were panicking and paranoid that we were suffering from it.

My test results show that I've never had Candida (it's a yeast overgrowth). But I told Peter how worried Bedros was, and he had a good laugh.

Candida is popular in unhealthy people, but less likely in those that eat well and exercise.

Good times.

Always looking for answers to find a way to solve problems,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Old 03-16-2015, 10:10 PM
Administrator

Just finished a very good, but long day in the ETR office in Denver. It was our 2nd Quarter Planning meeting and we have some exciting projects half-done, and many more on the long-range calendar. In June we'll have a yoga program out from Missi Holt (not TT-yoga, but yoga for pain relief), and in July we will have a cookbook out with Joel Marion's personal chef, www.Chefgui.com <= totally awesome guy!

Streaking Update

Even though I was in the office from 6:30am to 5:30pm I still got up early and did a lot of writing followed by meditation and a short interval workout. I didn't hit 3,000 words, but did manage a significant content piece early in the morning. Today was about Roosevelt, tomorrow is about Rockefeller.

None. Went out to dinner last night and had a grass-fed buffalo rib-eye at Edge steakhouse. It was okay. Not the best, but still, almost any rib-eye steak rocks. My favorite cut.

3) 1 Drink Maximum

I had some "grape juice" last night as you can see by the photo and I woke up with sniffles. That happens almost every time I drink red wine. It's possibly due to the histamines that are in red wine. I don't know for sure.

I was very good today. Spent 6 hours of the day in meetings and coaching sessions and all went really well. And yesterday we shot off the snarkiness at the gun range. Read all about that here:

=> http://turbulencetraining.blogspot.c...adlifting.html

5) Healthy Gut Days

Diet was perfect today.

Interesting story, I needed some stuff from Whole Foods but was too busy to go, so we used www.taskrabbit.com for the first time. It worked out great. The guy went to the store, bought the stuff with his own money, and then we paid him when he showed up.

This is a great resource for lazy people like me...and a great find for traveling, because now I don't have to waste two hours everytime I land in a new city for a seminar.

I also received the two bottles I ordered of Dr. Peter Osborne's new greens drink. It has a lot more fruit extracts in it than most other greens products, and it's really sweet, so I loved it.

All in all, the trip to Denver has been awesome so far. Great weather, too.

The answers are out there,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Old 03-19-2015, 01:58 PM
Administrator

Today's my last day in the ETR office in Denver. It's been very busy, starting in the office at 6:30am and finishing at 5:30am. I've taken the week off from training, but had great chats with Daniel Woodrum about the future of CTT, as well as launching some new programs and coaching our staff. We really dialed in some big projects, testing, and details.

Streaking Update

I've still been up early, writing on Carnegie, Mark Ford, and others. Plus I've had a lot of TT content to write and a big 4000 word team email. I love writing those.

I've been too busy for fancy dinners. Diet has been better than ever thanks to planning and preparing in advance.

3) 1 Drink Maximum

No booze since Sunday.

Our staff is awesome and I've had over a dozen meetings that have all gone well. We even have a customer service team in the Phillippines and I finally met all of them by Skype today. Very cool.

5) Healthy Gut Days

There's a great place called Protein Bar in Denver on 16th street. (There's a few locations all over town.) Yesterday I had their 6-ingredient superfood salad, chicken, and a bowl of their paleo beef stew. One of the best lunches I've had in a long time.

Tomorrow it's back to Toronto where I have a night out with friends at a fancy restaurant, but I'll keep the momentum going with a paleo meal.

Stick to your vision,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT