TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 10th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2011, 09:32 AM

How are you doing? Are you feeling better? Good for you for doing that workout after a poor nights sleep! Alot of people would have not even bothered!

Tina

"Dream the impossible, do the incredible."

"Beware the lollipop of mediocracy...one lick and you will suck forever!!!"
Old 01-06-2011, 08:01 PM

Feeling much better, thank you. I went back a did a cal check on what I ate the day before and I was way under. On the 4th (my off day from workouts) I only consumed 1104 cals, and I am being meticulous on inputing every cal. I even have a scale to make sure I do it right.

So that probably zapped my energy. Today however I'm really close to max cal intake, which is 1850 with a pretty much evenly divided fat, protein, and carbs.

My plan is to lower the carbs somewhat probably 6 weeks before the contest ends.

Have a great day tomorrow
Old 01-07-2011, 10:46 AM

Default ESE day plus workout

Just completed day 5,workout c of bwbb. The 8 exercise circuit sure gets the blood flowing (even in 30+˚ weather).

I'm also doing the ESE for the first time in a few months. For the first 8 weeks I'll be doing once a week. Depending on where I'm at "fat wise" at the end of the 8 weeks, I'll go to twice a week the last 4.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:01 PM

Just to give you all a night cap. As mentioned, I did the ESE today. And to tell the truth, it was an absolute breeze. Even when I ate dinner, I wasn't really hungry. No craving or anything like that.

Keeping my cal journal on the iPhone it tells me with my workout and what I ate for supper, I consumed a total of 26 cals.

Have a great weekend to all you TT'ers out there.
Old 01-08-2011, 02:51 AM

Just dropping by to say "hi" and wish you well for TC10 - you're off to a good start.

I like using Livestrong and use the app on my iPad. I switched to an Android phone recently and wish they had an app for that platform so I'm trying out some alternatives (MyFitnessPal seems to be the forerunner at the moment).

Find me on Facebook
Old 01-08-2011, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mglodfelter View Post
Just to give you all a night cap. As mentioned, I did the ESE today. And to tell the truth, it was an absolute breeze. Even when I ate dinner, I wasn't really hungry. No craving or anything like that.

Keeping my cal journal on the iPhone it tells me with my workout and what I ate for supper, I consumed a total of 26 cals.

Have a great weekend to all you TT'ers out there.

26 cals? That's actually quite amusing!

I use ESE and will be using it 2X per week this contest; I get the best results when I use it that often. Hopefully you'll find it helpful whether you end up with it 1X or 2X per week.

Old 01-10-2011, 12:30 PM

Good Morning to all.

Had a good workout today. It was easier today than it was last week. But I still despise Bulgarian Split Squats.

Question about cals burned. I am using a heart rate monitor to keep track of minutes, see my heart rate and find out how many cals I burned.

My questions is, "How accurate are they"? For instance in my workout today it gave me this summary.

Total time: 39m 24sec
Average HR: 142
Max HR: 163
Total Cals Burned: 646

Is it possible to burn that many cals in basically 40 min workout? It seemed way high to me. Should I just ditch the thing?

Thanks for any input into this.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:44 PM

I'm not sure that those things are the most accurate. Did it ask you for your age, your height, bodyfat, weight, sex, etc.... I'm not sure I would get rid of it. I would use t as a gauge. As to compare how much activity you are doing. In the gym many cardio equipment say you burned X amount of calories. However they never asked for any of your parameters. Some gyms or even online you can buy a Device called a Bodybugg which acording to them is within 90% accuracy of how many calories you have burned.
Fat loss is an all-out war. Give it 28 days, only 28 days. Attack it with all you have. It is not a lifestyle choice... it's a battle. Lose fat, and then get back into moderation. There's another one for you: moderation. Revelation says it best: "You are lukewarm and I shall spit you out." Moderation is for sissies. - Dan John

My war is 12 Weeks Long!
Old 01-10-2011, 11:43 PM

You enter the data into the HR monitor before you use it. Weight, height, and body measurements.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:32 PM

I have been looking around. Have read a few things on people who have owned both a bodubugg and a heart monitor. Some people have said that the heart monitor is off by estimating that you have burnednabout 150-200 calories more.
Fat loss is an all-out war. Give it 28 days, only 28 days. Attack it with all you have. It is not a lifestyle choice... it's a battle. Lose fat, and then get back into moderation. There's another one for you: moderation. Revelation says it best: "You are lukewarm and I shall spit you out." Moderation is for sissies. - Dan John

My war is 12 Weeks Long!