TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 20th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2014, 09:56 PM

I'm still on track, taking at least 5 minutes every day and trying to make it when I need a mental break and time away from the computer to just be.

I really like that time.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:48 AM

Default Mindfulness

I really like Jon Kabat Zinn's book "Wherever You Go, There You Are." It helps me put mindfulness into my daily life! (When I don't let my head and emotions get into the way!!! Always a process!

Mark
Old 05-21-2014, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocombes View Post
I'm still on track, taking at least 5 minutes every day and trying to make it when I need a mental break and time away from the computer to just be.

I really like that time.

Glad to here you are still on track
Old 05-22-2014, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radz View Post
I really like Jon Kabat Zinn's book "Wherever You Go, There You Are." It helps me put mindfulness into my daily life! (When I don't let my head and emotions get into the way!!! Always a process!
He's one of the true pioneers in mindfulness. In the last town I lived in on the mainland (Santa Rosa, CA) before moving here to Hawaii I used to get all kinds of great books--that one included--from the library at the Center for Spiritual Living. I miss that place!
Old 05-26-2014, 02:36 AM

Default Limber, Connected and Calm

Leslie, I'll answer your question here about whether I'm going to post daily on the "pexting" or start a new thread. I've been remiss in my updates as I'm not feeling much to say about my meditations, other than I've been more calm lately (though I really can't say it's a cause and effect relationship at this point).

But I have, and that's good. I really think that's more to do with feeling like I'm actually going to make my goal of getting my product done, site up and a sale made before the FIM Mastermind meeting on the 5th. I've been working really hard to get that done and it's finally coming together. It's on fat loss for women over 40, and I have a manual with the basic theory and recipes, an exercise guide and a coaching tools guide. I'll let you all know when it's ready.

Anyway, back to "pexting." I think that would be fertile fodder for daily posts and get me back in the habit. I haven't even read through the list, but I'm sure it will be challenging. Great idea, I'll do it!

Tomorrow is officially a Monday and Day 1.
Old 05-26-2014, 10:04 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocombes View Post
Leslie, I'll answer your question here about whether I'm going to post daily on the "pexting" or start a new thread. I've been remiss in my updates as I'm not feeling much to say about my meditations, other than I've been more calm lately (though I really can't say it's a cause and effect relationship at this point).

But I have, and that's good. I really think that's more to do with feeling like I'm actually going to make my goal of getting my product done, site up and a sale made before the FIM Mastermind meeting on the 5th. I've been working really hard to get that done and it's finally coming together. It's on fat loss for women over 40, and I have a manual with the basic theory and recipes, an exercise guide and a coaching tools guide. I'll let you all know when it's ready.

Anyway, back to "pexting." I think that would be fertile fodder for daily posts and get me back in the habit. I haven't even read through the list, but I'm sure it will be challenging. Great idea, I'll do it!

Tomorrow is officially a Monday and Day 1.
Great! I look forward to reading your thoughts!
Old 05-27-2014, 02:44 AM

Default Pexting Day 1

Let the "pexting" begin (I think I'll have to pester myself, too, since my assistant is nowhere to be found : 0

So far, so good. Meditation done after my workout (very nice), called 3 people and stretched about 10 minutes, which I needed badly.

Now off to bed to get my full 8 hours (9-5 is my goal).
Old 05-28-2014, 02:04 AM

Day 2 - good with limber (stretching), connected (calling 2 people) and calm (meditating at least 5 minutes). Check.

Got rid of two blouses I'll never wear. I actually picked them up at a yard sale thinking they looked good, but when I got them home ended up not liking how they looked on me, so out they went. They should have gone out that same day, but...

Simple things I love:
1) a hug from my younger son (the older one isn't into hugging anymore)
2) good comedy
3) a swim in the ocean

I got a hug this morning from my unsuspecting victim and watched Louis C.K. while I was stretching this morning and Jon Stewart while I was stretching this evening. I am not liking political comedy as much these days as I'm so sick of politics, so I'll need to expand my repertoire.

I put my swim on the calendar for Saturday!
Old 05-29-2014, 02:16 AM

Limber, connected and calm: check.

Short term goals:
1. Get my Flat Belly Breakthrough product on the market and selling by June 4
2. finish my Latin workbook and know it well enough to really teach it with authority for Friday's comprehensive review (I teach Latin to homeschoolers and am learning it just ahead of them so I can lead them in their studies. I've fallen a bit behind these past couple of months so don't have the confidence I usually have with it.)
3. Make the FIM Mastermind and TT Summit productive networking events that will move me forward in big ways for the long term. Make a clear list of goals to accomplish at these events and meet all of them.

Long term:
1. By 12/31/14, figure out how to make my chronic back pain go away so I am pain-free most of the time. This has really been hindering my progress in a lot of ways.
2. Create an online business that supports me comfortably. Goal: $50K by May 2015, to increase from there.
3. By May 2015, create a strong network of health and fitness professionals.

Only 45 minutes 'til bedtime and I still have two more projects to do, so no more elaboration.

Last edited by mocombes : 05-29-2014 at 11:42 AM.
Old 05-29-2014, 04:01 PM

Smile

Ahhh! Latin. I always felt a little guilty because my kids were not those little genius kids who knew Latin! I did buy a latin curriculum. That counts for effort! I wonder if I know any of the families you teach? Are they mostly military kids? ot's of military folks homeschool. It's just easier!