TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 18th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2013, 03:54 AM

Hi all,

Last Thursday evening my Hard Drive crashed and I spent the whole Friday trying to fix it. As it did not work out, I took it for repair. I just got it back and it is working fine

My throat is 99% healed, and since Saturday I did not wake up coughing. So far so good. I guess my body was asking for rest in order to get healed.

My idea was to go back to the gym today, but yesterday I woke up with a stiff neck. And it is still very uncomfortable, so if it do not get better until 5h00 I will do only some mobility and flexibility drills at home.
Old 10-15-2013, 05:00 AM

When it rain it pours!

Just sit tight and ride it out my man. Things will start looking up again soon enough.
Old 10-15-2013, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterJankowski View Post
When it rain it pours!

Just sit tight and ride it out my man. Things will start looking up again soon enough.
Haha. That is it, Peter.

It is definitively just a string of bad luck (maré de azar, as we say in Brazil). Things will be back on track soon
Old 10-15-2013, 09:28 AM

As promised, here are some pics of the weekend with my 93 years old grandfather. (I could not do that during the weekend due to the HD issue)

Three generations: my father (1952), myself (1984) and my grandfather (1920).

My grandfather cutting down a banana tree from his backyard. After taking the picture, I gave him a hand - against his will obviously.

This is my father having one delicious banana!

My grandfather preparing a charcoal barbecue for grilling
Old 10-15-2013, 11:19 AM

Great photos. He looks really fit for a 93 year old. We can only hope that we'll do so well at that age.

I forgot to mention. My wife is Portuguese. You two could have a great conversation if we ever hook up.
Old 10-15-2013, 12:58 PM

Great pics! Very cool that in spite of feeling sick you're still doing what you can. Great job!
Old 10-16-2013, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Great photos. He looks really fit for a 93 year old. We can only hope that we'll do so well at that age
He lives alone (although my uncle lives in the next door) and is very independent (he cooks, he goes to the market, to the grocery store etc etc). I would be happy if I reach 93 with half of his strength.

Quote:
I forgot to mention. My wife is Portuguese. You two could have a great conversation if we ever hook up.
That is nice! I saw some Portuguese dishes in your log and was wondering why Australians like Portuguese stuff lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippkrumm View Post
Great pics! Very cool that in spite of feeling sick you're still doing what you can. Great job!
Thank you, chipp. I did not have a "heavy" workout in the last 7-8 days, but today I'm feeling much better. Lets see how it goes til the end of the day.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:46 AM
Administrator

Glad to hear you are better, your Grandfather is inspiring, very nice!
Old 10-22-2013, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Ballantyne View Post
Glad to hear you are better, your Grandfather is inspiring, very nice!
Thank you Craig. He is very inspiring indeed. He has diabetes, but he follows a very healthy diet and take measurement of waistline every two weeks to check if its all right. I wish my parents had such good habits, especially my mother.
Old 10-22-2013, 05:01 AM

Hi all,

My neck and upperback got really bad last week, even though I did not do any exercise (only some stretches). I guess I my general mind set was very negative and things got pretty worse.

I was feeling frustrated and compensated that feeling with crap food. And this was reinforcing my frustration and I guess hindering my recovery. Finally on Friday I decided to take action and went to the doctor. I really don't like to take any medicine, but I started taking the anti-inflammatory (naproxen) that she prescribed

By Sunday I was feeling much better and today I am feeling 100%.

I did not fast yesterday because I was not supposed to take this drug with an empty stomach, but the diet was very ok.

9h00: almond milk and slice of homemade bread
13h00: eggs, greens, coconut oil, banana-protein cup cake
17h00: some grapes and prunes
21h00: vegetables soup, greek yogurt with some vanilla protein and raw cocoa powder

Totals 1,680 CAL
Carbs 113g
Fat 80g
Protein 113g