TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 15th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2012, 09:25 AM

Default Finally Doing This

Hello everyone,

I've looked at the TT contest results for years but always thought it a bit daunting to complete a 12 week competition. I've used TT off and on since 2008 but have always gained back after I finished because I didn't stick with it. I figured I really need something like this to hold me accountable and stick with it ;-)

But even with my losses and gains TT has helped me to get down from 238 lbs to just over 200 on average in the last few years and stay there for the most part. I'm 5'7 with a medium frame so I am still a good bit overweight as I start this contest at 208 lbs.

I started on Monday the 17th and am using the 4 week bodyweight program for now just to get the soreness out since I haven't worked out in a few months. I will probably switch to another workout after 2 weeks. The 2k3 is my all time favorite so I'm debating whether or not to do it now or save it for my finishing. I am using an exercise bike for my intervals as that is what I have at home and it's my favorite.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's results and wish everyone the best of luck!

Shane
Old 09-21-2012, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubbell View Post
Hello everyone,

I've looked at the TT contest results for years but always thought it a bit daunting to complete a 12 week competition. I've used TT off and on since 2008 but have always gained back after I finished because I didn't stick with it. I figured I really need something like this to hold me accountable and stick with it ;-)

But even with my losses and gains TT has helped me to get down from 238 lbs to just over 200 on average in the last few years and stay there for the most part. I'm 5'7 with a medium frame so I am still a good bit overweight as I start this contest at 208 lbs.

I started on Monday the 17th and am using the 4 week bodyweight program for now just to get the soreness out since I haven't worked out in a few months. I will probably switch to another workout after 2 weeks. The 2k3 is my all time favorite so I'm debating whether or not to do it now or save it for my finishing. I am using an exercise bike for my intervals as that is what I have at home and it's my favorite.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's results and wish everyone the best of luck!

Shane
Awesome Shane... speaking from experience, keeping the weight off is an accomplishment in itself. Nice work.

Keep up updated on your success!
Mike
Old 09-21-2012, 04:47 PM
Administrator

Well done Shane, looking forward to big results.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:36 AM

Default Update

Well I'm on week 3 of my transformation. I've done ok so far but know that I need to do more. I have been doing the 4 week body weight workout. I thought it was going to be an easy start but let me tell anyone who hasn't tried this workout that it is just as tough and effective as most other TT workouts.

Last week I missed my 3rd workout of the week because I had a sore lower back. I don't think this was due to my workouts, I just tweaked something along the way. Anyways, I'm back on track and look to complete this week strongly.

I am using the advanced intervals on my exercise bike for now for my intervals.

My biggest flaw in the first two weeks has been my diet. I thought I would just try to eat clean this time around. I think that is fine if you are on a maintenance plan, but for me, I need to record everything I eat if I want to lose. I tend to overeat sometimes, even if it is good healthy clean foods. My biggest successes in the past have come from weight watchers online so I'm going to give that another go. Keeping consistent track of everything I eat and how it affects me has taught me a lot about what a proper diet should be.

So, so far so good. I'm feeling good and have all the muscle soreness out of the way. I've only lost a couple pounds but feel confident moving forward.

Shane
Old 10-02-2012, 01:32 PM

2 pounds is awesome! If you take two pounds of fat and look at what you lost, that's actually a big deal.

It will only get better - great work!
Mike
Old 10-02-2012, 02:17 PM
Administrator

Diet is the key, stay strong.