TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 15th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2012, 11:32 AM

Default First contest, Got back on the Kale wagon!

Okay, Introduction;

Hello fellow Trasformers? That was just weird...

I started a plant based life back in November 2011 along with Craig's programs. Started out with TTk3,4,5,6, MRT 2011, and ended with DB-KB-BW Fusion before my trip to Dominican in April. I Really liked the last one, instead of the intervals I incorporated some finishers but wasn't sure which ones to do. I didn't want to overwork the muscle groups as I thought that might be a bad thing. So I also included intervals on my Concept 2 rower (way better than running). After I got back from the trip I swore that I would take a week and get right back into it....Ya, not so much. Projects start around the house along with the 12hr days at work and so long ambition for the TT's. Oh ya, and in that time I dropped down to a 33" waist from 38". From 230 down to 200. But hey all it takes is one summer to pack 20lbs back on and gain 3" back on the waist. What a crappy feeling that is!

Fast Forward to September, After trying to start back up through the summer with no real feeling for a push I get an email for a Transformation contest. This just might be the goal setting that I need. I treated my body like a garbage dump through the summer. 2 weeks before Sept. I decided to stop sneaking crap food and getting back on the Kale wagon. Fresh veg, fruits and BEEEEAAAANSSSS! bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb...excuse me.

So I'm kicking it off where I finished in April, DB.KB.BW Fusion. I'm hoping to end the transformation with Thermogenic 30 all depending on how much MRT 2011 kicks my butt. I tried the Thermogenic 30 out of the gates last week and boy did I make a mistake. Let's just say a bucket was needed! So Fresh start tomorrow, Day1 Monday, Sept.17 DB.KB.BW Fusion! Boom Bam!

I have been reading a ton all summer about Plant based nutrition from Brendan Brazier, Dr. Adam Dave, and a great book called the Dolce Diet. If MMA fighters can survive on a Plant based diet then I'm sure some chunky, Kale loving, Bean munching dude working out in his basement will do just fine. The only issue I have is coffee and Agave nectar from Friday to Sunday. Through the week I don't use sugar, I feel it wipes me out at work. I have to get over the Agave hump on the weekends. 3 things I want from this Transformaton; First off I've always wanted to wear skinny jeans and low cut converse. I always thought that was the coolest look ever, especially for a 35yr old. LOL. Just kidding...No but seriously. Second, to get back into a true 32 waist from a 36. 3rdly, to stop seeing stars when I tie up my shoes, although very pretty, probably not that great on the 'ol blood pressure.

Good luck to everyone;
Starting weight - 219
Waist size - 36"
Height- 5'7" in crocs.....?
Thermogenic 30 progress last week: I could get through the workouts but I had absolutely nothing left for the finishers. I don't know how to gauge my fitness from that so this is why I'm starting out with DB.KB.BW Fusion first. If anyone has any input feel free to comment. Any help would be greatly appreciated! If there are better programs to start with to meet my goals, please let me know!

JR

Fist Pump, Push ups, Chapstick!
And GO Bills GO!
Old 09-17-2012, 10:49 AM
Administrator

Looking forward to your results, and will keep an eye on your nutrition. Let us know how it goes.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:21 AM

best of success with TT!
Old 09-17-2012, 01:15 PM

Think "lifestyle change". Dont fall back into old habits and you will be fine....indefintely! Good Luck.............
Rob
Old 09-18-2012, 08:21 AM

Hi Rutty.. I'm so interested in your plant based diet. I think I'm slowly moving that way. I have a garden filled with Kale at the mo' for the good ol' green smoothies. Best of luck.
Old 09-24-2012, 06:26 PM

Alright week 1 in the books. Need to bring more food to work. Climbing wind turbines and working out after work equals more fuel throughout the day.

Mon - Thu meals for 10 hr work days

1litre of water on wakeup.
6am.Breakfast: Vega protein w/ ryza rice milk along with 2 dates, 1 banana, 1 apple

9am.Snack 1- 2 apple's, 2 bananas along with 500ml

12pm.Lunch- 4 cups of super salad(spinach, romaine, chia seeds, hemp hearts, spuralina, maca root powder, nutritional yeast, shaved almonds...delicioso!

And or some sort of bean soup, or rice and bean dish. Left overs from the night before. Along with more water, 500ml

3 or 4pm.Snack 2...3 cups of veg with homemade lentil, white bean hummus. Or more fruit!

5.30pm. Pre workout fuel- a few dates and or more fruit along with water.

After workout Vega shake and banana.

7-8pm dinner. Huge salad, along with whatever my favourite Jason Feruggia cookbook comes up with.

If time permits sometimes we enjoy some air popped popcorn for a snack while watching SVU or Ridiculousness! Love that show!

Weekends are usually more sporadic with eating times and not as much Vega as I have time to make a good breakfast and usually sneak over to the local cafe for an awesome homemade bean and avocado soup.

So far that's my nutrition break down. For the week and upcoming months.
Old 09-24-2012, 06:33 PM

Workout progress. After taking a hiatus from TT I find my strength hasn't really faltered all that much. But cardio endurance has suffered. Taking breaks as needed.

Did some reno's down stairs and now lack the room vertically to put the treadmill on an incline. Hahahah....

Need to look into Mikey's finishers.

We recently added to our family. Georgie the Boston terrier. She barks out my kettle bell swing reps, pretty funny. LOL.

Week 1 is in the books. I do feel guilty though when I take a day off. Should I add a short bodyweight cardio on days off?
Old 09-24-2012, 07:25 PM

Hi Rutty:

Your diet sounds good. I'm a vegan. I must be smaller and not as active as you, though, because it sounds like you're able to handle more calories than me.

I read Brendan Brazier's Thrive Diet and tried it for a week or two, but it seemed like it wasn't planned out very well. The recipes made so much. It was way too many calories for me. I called it the "nut and oil diet". I think it would be better viewed as some sample recipes rather than a daily diet to stick to carefully, which is what I was trying to do. I do still drink a couple of his blender drinks.

So far my favorite vegan nutrition book is "Becoming Vegan". I highly recommend it. My diet right now evolved from one of the samples in that book.

Good luck with the contest!

Mark
Old 10-04-2012, 11:19 PM
Administrator

A walk and an old-man warm-up on your off days is enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutty View Post
Workout progress. After taking a hiatus from TT I find my strength hasn't really faltered all that much. But cardio endurance has suffered. Taking breaks as needed.

Did some reno's down stairs and now lack the room vertically to put the treadmill on an incline. Hahahah....

Need to look into Mikey's finishers.

We recently added to our family. Georgie the Boston terrier. She barks out my kettle bell swing reps, pretty funny. LOL.

Week 1 is in the books. I do feel guilty though when I take a day off. Should I add a short bodyweight cardio on days off?