TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 7th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2010, 11:27 AM

Congratulations on the finish...nice to see you enjoyed your business trip in laid back San Diego (it's hard not to) and still manage your workouts inspite of a busy schedule.
Old 03-27-2010, 03:15 PM

Default Just going to keep posting on this thread for now!

Well, now that I know that TT Contest #8 is only a little over a month away, I'm not going to bother to start keeping a journal in some other forum. I'll just finish up posting here till TTC#8 starts.

This week has been a little weird, I have had some random fatigue/soreness/nausea/
allergies/cold symptoms starting on Tuesday afternoon. But I have still managed to feel OK for the workouts I've done this week. I did take it easier than usual for a few days, but wasn't eating normally so it probably all balanced out.

Monday 3/22 I did a hill interval workout, with a 10 min warmup walk, 40s up (HR 150-160), 120 s down x 6, 1 min cooldown.

Tuesday morning I did TT Big 5 Circuit workout B3.

1-leg squat 12, 10, 8 (concentrating on going lower)
DB flat chest press 35lbsx2/12, 40lbsx2/10, 40lbsx2/8 (OK-tried the 50's, still way too heavy! How can I do 8 with 45 last week and not even be able to do one with 50's???)
DB row 35lbsx2/12, 40lbsx2/10, 40lbsx2/8
DB Bulgarian split squat 30lbsx2/12, 30lbsx2/10, 30lbsx2/8 (eased up because my hamstring was feeling funny)
Stability ball rollout 12, 10, 8
Stretched and foam roller 8 min.

Wednesday I felt yucky, slept in late, went to work for a few hours, went to the doctor, and came home to work for the rest of the afternoon. No exercise-feeling too icky!

Thursday morning I got up like normal and felt fine till the very end of my workout, when my stomach started to feel empty and sick.

I did TT Big 5 Circuit workout C3. After warming up:

squat 50lbs/15 x 3 sets
push press 50lbs/15 x 3 sets
bent over rows 50lbs/15 x 3 sets
forward lunge 50lbs/15 x 3 sets
mountain climber 15x2 x 3 sets
Medium-high intensity cardio on the elliptical (HR ~140) with 5 min warmup and 5 min cooldown

I also took yesterday off and it was really cold so I didn't feel like getting outside. I worked at home because I had to give a webcast, and went out to dinner with my husband for the 17th anniversary of the day we met. I ate pretty healthily, and seemed to feel better for the most part, though I had a few snacks last night which I could have probably done without. But moving on!

Fortunately this morning I woke up and feel much better, so I did my TT Big 5 Circuit Workout A4. After a warmup:

Dumbell squat 40lbsx2/12 reps, 50lbsx2/10 reps, 50lbsx2/8 reps
Decline push-up 12, 10, 8 (toes on the bench)
Inverted row 12, 10, 8 (knees straight)
Dumbell reverse lunge 25lbs/12 reps, 30lbsx2/10 reps, 35lbsx2/8 reps
Stability ball jackknife 12, 10, 8
(25 minutes total)
Interval workout A (45s/90s) with various exercises for my intervals, HR 150-160:
#1: Shuttle run
#2: Dumbell swing
#3: Spiderman lunge
#4: Explosive step-up
#5: Lateral ski jump
#6: Hopscotch

Stretched and foam roller 10 minutes

Time to start considering what workout I am going to do to fill the gap between TTC #7 and #8. I just looked at the TT Gauntlet workout and that looks like fun!!! I like the circuit-style workouts because I can done with the whole workout in 45 minutes, 60 if I do interval training, including warmup, cooldown etc. That one may not even have intervals, I can't remember. Regardless, I do want to do that one sometime. I suspect it's eating less this week due to feeling sick, but I'm down a few pounds to 157. I'm going to make it my goal to get to 154 before the next contest begins.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!
Old 03-27-2010, 03:32 PM

I am glad you are still posting...you are such an inspiration!!!
Old 03-27-2010, 09:09 PM

Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minexdy1013 View Post
Congratulations on the finish...nice to see you enjoyed your business trip in laid back San Diego (it's hard not to) and still manage your workouts inspite of a busy schedule.
Thank you...Traveling is probably the biggest challenge I have, mostly because all of the eating out. Fortunately the people I travel with most often are pretty healthy people, regular exercisers and real foodies. One is even a vegetarian, so it does make it somewhat easier to stay on track. It was a good week out there!
Old 03-30-2010, 11:26 PM

Default Workout updates

I did crazy stair interval workout on Monday at lunch. 10 minute warm-up, followed by walking up and down 7 flights of stairs (~2 min each) x 4, and 10 min cool-down. I followed that with TT Big 5 Circuit workout B4 on Monday evening:

1-leg squat 12, 10, 8 (concentrating on going lower, on a bench this time)
DB flat chest press 35lbsx2/12, 40lbsx2/12, 40lbsx2/12 (still trying to work my way up to the 50's)
DB row 35lbsx2/12, 40lbsx2/10, 40lbsx2/8
DB Bulgarian split squat 15lbsx2/12, 30lbsx2/10, 40lbsx2/8
Stability ball rollout 12, 10, 8
Stretched 10 min.

Today I walked half an hour at lunch. The weather is perfect this time of year, warm and sunny.

Oh, an interesting note on my worlds colliding-today I was thinking about Craig's research reviews on my way in to work, thinking about how soon similar research studies would likely be using genomics to measure molecular changes during weight loss or exercise studies. Then I found out that a customer talking at one of our upcoming events would be talking about subjects with metabolic syndrome and discussing genomic expression changes occurring after the subjects were put on an exercise program. What a coincidence, and how interesting that we're moving into the year where full human genome sequencing drops in cost from $10,000 to $3000. Almost getting to the point where we are going to see it become routine.

Just as a side note, Craig, I'll be glad to talk genomics with you if you ever hit a research review involving SNPs, chips, or next-gen sequencing. That's basically my work life right now.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:14 PM

Default First pull-ups (and chin-ups) in 10 years!

This morning I did the final workout of this month's program-TT Big 5 Circuit C4.

After warming up:

squat 55lbs/15 x 3 sets
push press 55lbs/12, 55lbs/15 x 2 sets
bent over rows 60lbs/15 x 3 sets
forward lunge 55bs/15 x 3 sets
mountain climber 15x2 x 3 sets

At lunch I did my favorite hill workout-walked 10 minutes for warm-up, 8 hill intervals (60s HR 150-155/75s rest walking down), and a 10 min cool-down walk. After a walk with the family tonight, I did some foam rolling because my legs are sore. I am looking forward to a recovery day tomorrow.

This morning at the end of my weight workout, I was going to have my husband help me try to do a pull-up if I couldn't do it. But when I started up, I was surprised to see that I could actually do two on my own! Then I tried chin-ups and I could do two of those unassisted too! I could do additional ones as singles. Near the start of the transformation contest I had tried to do one and couldn't even get close. I'm sure dropping 12 lbs since then (170 to 158) helped a lot, but I'm sure I'm stronger too. Now that I know I can do it, I'll be working my way up to using them regularly in sets near the start of workouts. That worked out well since I'll be doing the TT Gauntlet program next. It was a tough choice between that and Booty for Life 2.0, but I'll save that for May 1st.

8 1/2 weeks till swimsuit season officially begins when our pool opens.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:30 AM

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I am quite a ways from doing pull ups and chin ups...but I know I can get there!!! Once again...you have inspired me

Stacey
Old 04-01-2010, 07:56 PM

Great finish!!!!!!!
You should feel very proud of yourself.....
Loved your essay...
Old 04-03-2010, 10:43 PM

Default April workout updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseyscraps View Post
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I am quite a ways from doing pull ups and chin ups...but I know I can get there!!! Once again...you have inspired me

Stacey
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma View Post
Great finish!!!!!!!
You should feel very proud of yourself.....
Loved your essay...
Thanks, Stacey and Ma! I really appreciate it.

On April Fool's Day, I walked at lunch. The weather has been fantastic in NC this week, but getting a little hot too soon for me. I also rode the bike for 20 minutes and used the foam roller that evening. My calves were still sore from the crazy stair workout.

Yesterday I did workout A1 of TT Gauntlet and walked 35 minutes. It was a productive day at work since most everyone was off work, and I had lunch with Brian and Hannah. I'm heading out to St. Louis this week, so I was prepping for a couple of talks at customer sites.

TT Gauntlet was fun. I love the circuit style workouts. I only did one circuit like it said, and it took me about 17 1/2 minutes including rest.

1) Shuttle sprint-20s
2) Prisoner Squat-25 reps
3) Shuttle sprint-20s
4) Pull-up-4 reps
5) Push-up-20 reps
6) Pull-up-3 reps
7) 1-leg squat on bench 10 repsx2
8) Elevated push-up-15 repsx2
9) 1-leg squat on bench 10 repsx2
10) Underhand inverted row-15
11) Bulgarian split squat 1 1/2-12 repsx2
12) Underhand inverted row-15
13) Sprint-20s
14) Prisoner Squat-25
15) Sprint-20s

I was quite happy with being able to do 4 pull-ups when I was fresh and not at the end of my workout!

Today we went to the NC Zoo in Ashboro and walked up and down hills all day. In the past when we've gone, I've found it challenging, but today it felt like a breeze, thanks to all the interval hill training I've been doing lately. I could have walked a lot faster but for the crowds and the two 5-year olds with us. They did pretty well, though.

We're hosting the big family Easter meal tomorrow. It used to be so hard for me to resist all the processed and low-value foods that people find traditional at these big meals...rolls, corn, mashed potatoes, butter...but it's easy for me to pass that stuff on down the table now with no feelings of remorse. I feel so much better since I gave up eating food like that. We'll be having sugar snap peas, sweet potatoes, mixed green salad, carrots, etc. along with the junk, so it will be simple to eat well and not over-stuff myself. Now if I could convince my mother in law to stop cooking that other stuff for everyone else's health, well, let's be honest, that's not happening! I am planning to have a piece of cheesecake, though. But just the one, and I will be doing my TT Gauntlet workout B2 tomorrow morning along with interval training.

Happy Easter everyone, whether you celebrate for religious reasons or secular ones!
Old 04-04-2010, 09:57 PM

Default Easter workout

I'm headed off to St. Louis tomorrow so I wanted to post today's workout. I did TT Gauntlet workout B1. After a 15 min warmup I did one circuit:

1) Hanging leg raise-8 reps
2) Stability ball plank-30s
3) Stability ball rollout-20 reps
4) Stability ball plank-30s (2nd set much harder!)
5) Stability ball jackknife with hands on floor -10 reps
6) Cross body mountain climber-15 repsx2
7) Side plank-45s
8) Spiderman pushup-10x2
9) Chin-up/knee-up - 6 (going halfway down, arms not fully extended)
10) Bulgarian SS 1 1/2
11) Pull-up/assisted pullup-5/10 (5 pullups, 10 additional assisted pullups with feet on floor)
12) Shuttle sprint-30s (did 6x as interval training workout, with 60s or 75s between)

We had Easter dinner and I stuck to my plan. I even skipped the cheesecake because the thought of the additional 500 calories was just too much for me. I had ham, sweet potatoes, carrots, sugar snap peas and spinach salad with red wine vinegar and slivered almonds, and fresh strawberries for dessert.

Tonight I rode the bike for 20 minutes as a warm-up and used the foam roller. I'm sure I am going to be sore in my abs tomorrow! Not sure what I'm going to do when in St. Louis with workouts. It depends on what the hotel gym has. I may do a workout that is not on my current program and go back to workout C1 when I get back. Just depends on what they've got!