TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 11th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2011, 08:56 PM

Default Let's Shake The Plane

So I found my first TT routine for the challenge: TT Metabolic. I read through it and it looks like the perfect mix of old friends and new tricks. I have a new trick up my sleeve too. I'm doing the latest fad diet and I am not ashamed! Probably because I always claim that it's the exercise that is the foundation of my success- short and long term.

Especially when you finally figure out how to eat in a deficit long enough to reach your goal weight/Body Fat percentage. Much more when I officially enter. Right now I'm off to a salsa party. Dressed in clothing inappropriate for my age!

Let's shake it up people!
Old 05-02-2011, 10:29 AM

I am excited for you, Catherine. Your story is truly inspiring, and I really look forward to being here for you losing those last pounds that keep you from your personal dream body!! I feel like I'm close to that point, and it'll definitely inspire me to see another TT woman finish the marathon to this goal out TT style!

Your nutrition will definitely catch my eye as well. There's so many options, and I have such a hard time figuring out where to be calorie wise, what the best plan is, etc, etc...

"Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." - Mother Teresa

My TTTC 10 Thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=9998
Old 05-02-2011, 02:54 PM

It's just not a proper TT contest without you
Old 05-02-2011, 03:01 PM

I just noticed that my avatar sign is backwards. Error, it's part of my charm.

Hey Rachel, I'm doing the Dukan Diet. I call it South Beach on Steroids. No, I am not actually using steroids, although my M.D. did prescribe DHEA a few years back to help me get my mojo back, but that's another story. (Thank you testosterone!)

At any rate here's my current evil formula for appetite destruction:
(Catherine's normal menu) minus (sugar+fat+flour+non-vegetable carbs) + fat free dairyX protein to the tenth power. OMG I have no hunger. I must drink lots of water so the ketones don't get me.

Thank goodness that as soon as I'm ACE certified advising clients about nutrition will be beyond my scope of practice and therefore forbidden when I'm working as a trainer.
Clearly I have just enough knowledge about eating to be dangerous.

Now to the important part of this post. I am still after that aspirational body. I tried something different for the past few months, and even though that program definitely worked, as show by the women who had amazing success with it, I just couldn't work the program. About half way through, I had to complete a work project that turned out to be unusually draining and I couldn't stick to my nutrition goals.

What's different now? For the next 12 weeks all of my goals are connected to transformation in some way, and I'm doing TT which just feels right.

My goal is 18% body fat because, well, I'm pretty sure that will translate to the highest expression of my particular physique. Also, if I'm going to coach people on how to do it I have to achieve it myself so that I can speak fro experience. The greatest barrier to success I have seen for women my age is a lack of faith in their own ability to change. I had to have role models I could identify with in order to start believing. Now I have to prove to myself that I'm the real deal.

Now, to do laundry, study, and meditate. Not necessarily in that order.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageboy9 View Post
So I found my first TT routine for the challenge: TT Metabolic. I read through it and it looks like the perfect mix of old friends and new tricks. I have a new trick up my sleeve too. I'm doing the latest fad diet and I am not ashamed! Probably because I always claim that it's the exercise that is the foundation of my success- short and long term.

Especially when you finally figure out how to eat in a deficit long enough to reach your goal weight/Body Fat percentage. Much more when I officially enter. Right now I'm off to a salsa party. Dressed in clothing inappropriate for my age!

I agree, Catherine, TT Metabolic Resistance Training looks like a great progrm. I'll be incorporating it into TC 11 as well.

Here's to a great contest.

Terry

Soli Deo gloria
Old 05-03-2011, 05:44 AM

Hi Catherine.. I'm really glad you are here for TTC11. I've read things you've said in the past in regards to nutrition that helped me also. I'm sure I'm going to learn alot by following your thread..I'm curious what you mean by minus "fat".. I'm under the understanding our bodies need fat? Deb.

Quote:
At any rate here's my current evil formula for appetite destruction:
(Catherine's normal menu) minus (sugar+fat+flour+non-vegetable carbs) + fat free dairyX protein to the tenth power. OMG I have no hunger. I must drink lots of water so the ketones don't get me.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:33 AM

Hi Catherine,
Love your transformation story and I can't wait to hear about the new diet. That stuff intrigues me.

And good for you on the manner of dress you mentioned. I will be 47 in two weeks and I'm wearing a mini-skirt, appropriate or not.

jennifer
Old 05-03-2011, 12:09 PM

Default On Fat, Hollywood, and Motivation

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz0773 View Post
Hi Catherine.. I'm really glad you are here for TTC11. I've read things you've said in the past in regards to nutrition that helped me also. I'm sure I'm going to learn alot by following your thread..I'm curious what you mean by minus "fat".. I'm under the understanding our bodies need fat? Deb.
Excellent excellent question! I too believe in the importance of fat as a macro nutrient, especially for women. Just think about fat soluble vitamins and satiety for example. Also, when I started this journey in 2004 at 165 pounds (I'm 5'1") it was the Atkins diet that got me down to 155. That is where I was stuck until I found TT.

When I say minus fat, I mean that I am switching, for example, from nitrite free bacon to ham, and from packaged lunch meat to organic chicken breast that I cook myself. I should probably keep logging to fit day so you guys can check it out. Oh! Whole eggs are still part of my food plan as well. So as you can see... it's in there!

What I'm after right now is the answer to how I'm going to stay in a calorie deficit long enough and consistently enough to get the job done.

To this day, I believe that my inability to get and stay lean cost me a real shot at a career in film and television. (Yeah yeah there were a few big shots I declined to fool around with, but we'll save that for the eventual TV movie. Truth be told, that kind of thing didn't happen much because in the '90s there were bunches of absolutely stunning girls all over LA who wouldn't think twice about extra- curricular career enhancement. As a cute, funny, short girl I was pretty safe. Since I've gone off on this tangent, I will share with you the best compliment I ever got- it's a back handed one by the way. I was dating a man in the industry pretty seriously back in '93 and he said, quote:

"I don't know what it is about you Catherine. I usually date beautiful women."

Unquote.

Craig talked about witnessing his Mom's frustration with her weight at a young age when he explained why he does what he does. I want to get all the way to my goal once and for all so that I can help other people get the job done too. (yes i'm crying over my keyboard right now so hard that ican hardly see.) There. Storm's over.

I'll just bet that there are a bunch of people out there who are being blocked from their life purpose by too much fat. One thing I believe is that I can't legitimately start my career as a coach/trainer until I learn to apply the solution to myself.

Now, I am not talking about turning women and girls into walking X-Rays. No. Scarlett Johannsen, Salma Hayek, Hayden Pannetierre, Christina Hendricks, Chloe Sevigny, Halle Berry, there are plenty of women working right now who are at a healthy weight. What I am talking about is those last few body fat percentage points that reveal you at the height of your physical expression.

Good heavens, I've got to get going. One more thing. I was going to wait until I got my weight back to 118 (Same as the end of TT9) to start the challenge, but in honor of Craig's call to get everyone to drop a collective 500 pounds or more, I will do my part and start today at 122 pounds. I'd better pick up a paper at the grocery store! now I've got to go put the Cornish game hens in the slow cooker.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:37 PM

very well spoken :-)

good luck, and happy day 0 to ya!

"Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
Steve Prefontaine

"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going."
- Beverly Sills

Avatar Picture is Jamie Eason. A very amazing woman in the fitness industry. Want to look like her!
Old 05-03-2011, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Do you have a TRX to do some of the exercises? I read through it once, are there subs if you don't have one?
Your posts are spot on and if anyone can achieve their goals, it is you!!! See you in TC11. Concetta