TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 10th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2011, 12:01 AM

Good stuff, Jason! The less you have to think about it makes it that much easier to sustain. You're doing some impressive weights there! I hope to get to that level someday - benching my own bodyweight is one of my future goals.

My TC10 Thread
My Workout Journal

"I am like the turtle who just keeps moving forward without stress or strain while I whistle a happy song" - Joe Weaver
Old 02-16-2011, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gesunelson View Post
Good stuff, Jason! The less you have to think about it makes it that much easier to sustain. You're doing some impressive weights there! I hope to get to that level someday - benching my own bodyweight is one of my future goals.
Thanks Gerry. It just takes time and progressively lifting heavier. If you are really interested in upping your bench Craig has those Meatheads bench press workouts.

I have been benching since I was about 13-14 so I definitely have some experience with it. As a freshman in high school I set a school record for 129% bodyweight bench, it was 215lbs, and I weighed 159. I will always remember that. I wish my school had competitive lifting but that wasn't a sponsored event.

Not sure what my max is now, but I guess I'm not as concerned with bragging rights anymore lol.

Funny today the trainer asked me if I was on steroids because my strength keeps increasing so rapidly. I am not sure if he was joking or not, but I'll never take anything like that. Thy body is a temple! I attribute it to the heavy compounds and progressive loading.

I blasted workout B today.

Things are pretty hectic around the house we're getting new counter tops put in (Cambria quartz) so at the moment I cannot use the kitchen for cooking. I planned ahead and cooked up some stuff for the week ahead.

Last night I went to a MN Wild game, but we lost to Vancouver! (stupid Sedins!) I had a few beers and a personal pizza. It was fun to treat myself, and to be at the game even though we lost. I am a true Wild FANatic, I catch all the games on TV, and a few at the arena. I once sat in row 1, what an experience that was! Hopefully they can redeem last nights loss by whooping on Chicago tonight. You gotta love the NHL: the speed, the grace, the skill, the power, the brutality, the violence, its got everything. They let boys be boys more than any other sport.

You cannot plow a field by turning it over in your mind.~Unknown
Old 02-16-2011, 07:53 PM

The hockey game sounds like a blast! Once I drop more fat and add more mass to my shoulders, I will be looking to build strength and mass in my chest post TC10 (and once I actually join a gym!)but keep posting, man. I'm following your workouts with great interest.

My TC10 Thread
My Workout Journal

"I am like the turtle who just keeps moving forward without stress or strain while I whistle a happy song" - Joe Weaver
Old 02-16-2011, 09:04 PM

Hockey!!! <3
yay MN
Yay awesome compliments even if they're a bit underhanded like it was. You're awesome!!!

"Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
Steve Prefontaine

"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going."
- Beverly Sills

Avatar Picture is Jamie Eason. A very amazing woman in the fitness industry. Want to look like her!
Old 02-19-2011, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gesunelson View Post
The hockey game sounds like a blast! Once I drop more fat and add more mass to my shoulders, I will be looking to build strength and mass in my chest post TC10 (and once I actually join a gym!)but keep posting, man. I'm following your workouts with great interest.
Thanks for the interest Gerry, I think chest and shoulders can be done in tandem. Many of the compounds and isolations work them both together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by northpolechick View Post
Hockey!!! <3
yay MN
Yay awesome compliments even if they're a bit underhanded like it was. You're awesome!!!
Thanks, though this latest weather kinda has me bummed, I haven't been able to go skating. I might have to start adding 1-2 interval sessions a week on the bike.

The workouts this week went well but I indulged in some girl scout cookies a little bit too much lol, it probably will not matter in the long run. We finally have our kitchen finished and its really nice.

With the extra calories I was productive though, I increased my squat to 295. I'm ready for my fast tomorrow. I ran into a stall on my deads and will have to deload. I broke a stall on my press. Overall it was a productive week. The deadlift is a grip issue, so I will deload and work up in smaller increments to give my forearms time to get stronger. Everything went up except the deads. I started doing the bar dips with weight chained to a belt a few weeks back and I'm up to bw +40 lbs, feels pretty mean to do dips with weights chained to you. I wish I was that strong on the pull ups, but that will come in time.

I think my bodyweight has slowly been on the rise so I will have to keep an eye on my numbers.

Old 02-19-2011, 07:28 PM

Ugh!!! Those girl scout cookies are evil! And i live with a cookie dealer too :-(
Lol. Still got oodles left from next year and the new shipment is on the way... Sigh. The things we do to help our kids succeed.

Hmm I wonder if the outdoor rinks at the schools are locked? Maybe I can skate for free that way... And without an audience to practice my stops... New skater, new hockey player...

"Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
Steve Prefontaine

"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going."
- Beverly Sills

Avatar Picture is Jamie Eason. A very amazing woman in the fitness industry. Want to look like her!
Old 02-19-2011, 09:49 PM

Oh, yeah - I know that I cannot resist GS cookies so avoided them altogether this year. But I'm sure the girl scouts found plenty of buyers despite my lack of contribution!

Old 02-20-2011, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal1 View Post
Oh, yeah - I know that I cannot resist GS cookies so avoided them altogether this year. But I'm sure the girl scouts found plenty of buyers despite my lack of contribution!
I've avoided them this year too. Girl scout cookies are so good and I know if I had them I'd end up eating them all.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northpolechick View Post
Ugh!!! Those girl scout cookies are evil! And i live with a cookie dealer too :-(
Lol. Still got oodles left from next year and the new shipment is on the way... Sigh. The things we do to help our kids succeed.

Hmm I wonder if the outdoor rinks at the schools are locked? Maybe I can skate for free that way... And without an audience to practice my stops... New skater, new hockey player...
Not sure I just use the public outdoor rinks, a few different ones. Usually those middle school rinks are used for broom ball, so the ice isn't the best. Try to find some without a warming house there will be less skaters. My best tip is to practice "shaving the ice" with your skates, that will help you get the feel for stopping, and just doing the good ole snowplow stop. Do figure eights too, that helps you get the feel for all the different edges.

Heather and Brit I admire your will power! Those dang girl scout cookies, I keep eating them. I need to cut back on them. Its been a while since I've pumped this much processed sugar into my body. I need to assume my TC #9 mindset of "is this cookie worth $1000?"

I think I do fine if I overeat healthy foods, because the calories are less and the food is more satisfying, but with the cookies I just go back for more, the room in my stomach is endless for those things lol.

I weighed about 183 this morning. My navel and caliper measurements are the same. Its either water weight or I am gaining more muscle. I'm sure its a combo of both. I am definitely not gaining fat.

The strength training muscle gaining is going great, I think I could do better on the fat loss. I need to do better with my nutrition and maybe add some cardio. I will work on those first before the next solution which is to add another 24 hour fast, but I'd like to keep it to one a week.

I have been taking whirlpool baths after working out now, because the weights are getting heavy and there can be a lot of soreness. The bath helps me relax and recover. With good stretching, foam rolling, and the whirlpools I do pretty well with recovery, and increasing resistance comes easy.

Did workout A today, it went fast and I had a lot of energy today. I left the gym feeling stronger and feeling better.

Old 02-21-2011, 08:58 PM

That is one thing that I really miss from going to a gym, is having access to a whirlpool and steam saunas. I loved sitting in the sauna after a good hard workout, so relaxing!

Double ugg on the girl scout cookies. I've got a couple boxes coming my way thanks to a cousin. Thinking I should just pay her and talk her into keeping the cookies!

You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it --Margaret Thatcher

The link to my FitDay Journal: http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJour...Owner=howell27