TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 19th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2014, 03:21 AM

Default Tom's 2014 Challenge

Hi all,

Iím back in for another challenge. The couple of months before Christmas were a bit stop start for me in terms of doing TT 2.0 as intended, since I had a lot of travel with a lack of equipment saw me doing more HWR workouts.

Iíve also been run down with on off colds a lot of the winter, which has been a real pain. Iím still trying to shake off a cold bug now.

But after deciding to start back on TT Intermediate 2.0 Iíve recently been working through the program and itís going well and I will be travelling less the next 6 months or so, giving me the perfect opportunity to get through the program. I intend to complete the manual, then assess what to do next after Iíve finished the 2K4 workouts.

I realize rather than letting my work and travel schedule get in the way of my training, I need to make sure I structure everything around the training. So far in 2014 thatís been working for me.

My goals for the challenge are to lose 15 pounds and get down to about 170 pounds Ė I am 5 feet 10 and currently weighing in at 185 pounds.

Iíve done well with my nutrition of late, and after much trial and error the past year or so, feel Iíve got a good system in place to reach my goals.

Process goal wise as well as working out with TT 3 times a week and sticking to my diet of whole natural foods 90% of the time, Iím also aiming to log on here once a day my nutrition and exercise. In past challenges I didnít do it enough and I think that contributed to me
getting off track.

So now I need to continue my recent efforts and keep it up!

Good luck everyone.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:53 AM
Administrator

Welcome back, looking forward to a full on success this time. Keep on pushing and stay strong. Let us know how we can help.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:02 AM

Thanks Craig. There's no excuses for me ...
Old 01-13-2014, 07:58 AM

13/1

Nutrition:

-Oatmeal, strawberries, tbs peanut butter, whey protein for breakfast
-Some pumpkin soup mid morning
-Chicken breakfast, roast pumpkin, spinach, avocado, lentils for lunch
-Protein and greens shake, an organic apple and almonds mid afternoon
-Home made turkey chili for dinner, with organic ground turkey, beans and lots of veggies

Non workout day today. Did some light activity ahead of my TT day tomorrow.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:30 AM

14/1:

Good day today. Nutrition wasn't bad and I'm pleased with my workout. I wasn't able to work out this morning as planned so found the time in the evening to do so. One of my goals is to never miss a TT workout so I am pleased with myself that I didn't put it off and I ended up having a great workout.

Nutrition today:

-Oatmeal, banana, tbs peanut butter and whey protein for breakfast
-Rest of homemade turkey chill for lunch (organic ground turkey, beans and veggies)
-Snack of an orange and 12 almonds early afternoon
-Whey protein and greens shake an hour before workout
-When I got home after workout I had some vegan vanilla protein mixed in a cup of skimmed milk plus an apple
-Dinner ... chicken sausages grilled plus mixed potato, courgette (zucchini), onion

Workout:

TT 2 Int A

After warm up I did the superset:

-Split Squats 30 secs/side with 10kg (22 pound) dumbbells x 1, then for the last two sets I dropped to 7.5kgs (16 pd) dumbbells as I felt I wasn't quite nailing the form for all reps
-Incline DB presses ... here I used 12.5 kg (28 pound) dumbbells for all 3 sets

Then came 2 rounds of the following, 40 secs on, 20 secs rest in between

-chest supported dumbbell rows ... I've been using the TRX for this one in my previous workouts so went conservative and used 7.5kg (16.5 pound) dumbbells
-mountain climbers ... tough!
-stability ball curls
-close grip push ups

To finish the 20/10 circuit of total body extensions (x4), x-body mountain climbers (x2), close stance squats (x4)

Very satisfying workout. Next week I'd like to start using the body part blitz circuits in here too but still building up to that.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:37 AM
Administrator

great work, Tom, keep pushing.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:08 AM

Thanks Craig.

Right, I wanted to list my goals on here for the transformation challenge as well so I'm all set up and have accountability in my challenge:

12 week goal:

Complete the transformation challenge and lose at least 15 pounds of body fat in the process.

Process goals:

-Workout with TT 3 times a week, never miss a workout
-Keep active on non TT days, 1x a week do HWR workout
-Stick to simple nutrition eating of whole natural foods 90 per cent of time
-To keep consistent and be accountable, post on this thread every day to log my daily progress and contribute to other people's threads
Old 01-14-2014, 01:23 PM

Hi Tom, thank you for dropping by my thread . I'm doing TT 2.0 for the first 6-weeks; and I've just finished my second week on the intermediate level. I was doing intermediate before the challenge started so I'm going to step it up to advanced starting this Saturday.

Great that you are logging your workouts and eats. I might follow your lead on that one - a top way to stay accountable!

Looking forward to keeping up with your progress.
Old 01-14-2014, 04:51 PM

Glad to see you back mate...good luck with your journey.

Nutrition log
Workout Journal
Old 01-15-2014, 06:23 AM

Thanks for the kind wishes guys, definitely helps to keep me on track.

After yesterday's great workout, I've come down with a cold and sore throat again!

So have taken it easy today. Walked a little. Hoping the symptoms clear by tomorrow but if not I will maybe need to take it easy for a couple of days.

Nutrition:

Breakfast - Three eggs mixed with the veggie mix I made last night plus threw in some okra. Had a few strawberries as well.

Mid morning snack - Orange and almonds

Lunch - Sashimi, rice, miso soup (business lunch). I did have a small ball of Japanese sesame ice cream too.

Afternoon ... Had a smoothie with vanilla protein, greens, cacao powder, blueberries and a few oats

Dinner ... Lentil curry - lentils and veggies basically with spices

Let's hope to be feeling better tomorrow so I can hit up another TT workout.