TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 19th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2014, 08:58 AM

Opted to go with some light exercise and stretching today since I didn't feel 100 percent. TT tomorrow.

Nutrition:

-Oatmeal, blueberries, almond butter, vanilla protein for breakfast
-An orange and 15 or so almonds mid-morning. Drank a lot of green tea throughout the morning
-Another business lunch and was Japanese again. Had sushi and miso soup with green tea
-No afternoon snack today
-Dinner was from a great vegetarian organic place I go to. Had a home made gluten free wrap with portobello mushrooms, tomato, spinach, haloumi, egg, with humous and babaganoush on the side, washed down with a coconut water.

Overall, feeling back to full form this evening so ready for an intense workout tomorrow.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:55 PM

Mixed day on Friday. Had an excellent workout, workout B of Intermediate. Diet was good but I had my "cheat" evening on Friday evening and may have gone a little overboard.

Workout was the following:

After warm up, I did:
-Goblet squats (used 26pd kettle bell), stability ball roll outs, reverse lunges (17pound dumbbells), side planks
-Decline push ups, DB Rows (26 pounds), did planks instead of body saws (need to study the form a bit better before doing them in the gym)

Then I did the 20/10 finishers -- TBEs, Xbody MCs, Jumping Jacks

Was a very good workout.

Nutrition:

Oatmeal, whey protein, almonds, apple
Post workout ... protein and green shake, an orange and kiwi
Lunch ... big salad with kale, roasted veggies, green beans, other greens, quinoa, some egg and homous and one baby coconut (the water from it)
Dinner ... Vietnamese salads and grilled beef

I then had a party to go to and had a few drinks and some slices of pizza. I then had some chocolate.

After being good all week, I'm certainly noticing the difference now in how I feel after the indulging last night ... e.g. slept poorly, feel dehydrated now.

Looking at the week as a whole I'm pretty happy as I've got my workouts in and also stuck to my plan to eat well most of the time, with the exceptions being last night's "cheat" and a little portion of ice cream on Weds. Will look to improve that again next week!

Planning a healthy weekend now.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:28 AM

Hi all

Not been good with my daily tracking the past few days. Have a bit of an excuse since my wife is pregnant and we've been precoccupied with scans etc... this week. The fact I'm going to be a dad this year adds even more motivation to my transformation mission.

All going well except I've had a sore, tight hamstring since the weekend so thought it prudent not to train. Going to ease back in with an old man's warm up today and hoping to get a TT workout in by the end of the week. I have 4 more workouts on Intermediate before I can go up to the next level, 2K3.

Hoping the hamstring stops feeling so tight. Welcome any tips on how to ease it up a bit.

Diet has been decent for the most part. Working to get better consistency. Will get back to the tracking today, this evening, by posting my intake.

Overall, I'm a couple of pounds down on the scale and feel a bit slimmer, though it's early days.
Old 01-23-2014, 05:16 AM
Administrator

Congrats on the little one!

For the hamstring, old-man warm-up and static stretching. Don't do ANYTHING that bothers it.

Just keep doing any exercises you can (upper body, torso training, opposite limb)

And focus on diet.

Stay strong!
Old 01-23-2014, 05:50 AM

Congratulations to you and your wife. Very exciting news.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:45 PM

Thanks guys for the congrats and encouraging words. Certainly great news and what better motivation to drive me forward in every area of life.

Thanks Craig for the hamstring tips. It's starting to feel a bit better and hoping to be fully fit again by next week. Hoping to do a TT workout over the weekend, but take it easy on the hamstring.

So I'm guessing I can start doing the full workouts again but leave out exercises that work the sore hamstring, if it feels uncomfortable. I have workout C of Intermediate next so how could this work:

Eg Circuit 1 is Steps Ups, T Push Ups, Kbell Swings, CIrcuit 2 is 1 Arm Squat and Press, Renegade Rows, Dumbbell rear delt raise, Dumbbell Curls with Palms Ups, Circuit 3 is 20/10 Narrow stance bodyweight squats and jumping jacks

Out of that I would probably have to replace the swings/squats?

Would i just leave out or could i do another exercise?
Old 01-23-2014, 08:40 PM

Nice one mate...exciting times ahead. Keep on pushing .

Nutrition log
Workout Journal
Old 01-23-2014, 10:21 PM

Congratulations - enjoy this special time with your wife!

Old 01-26-2014, 06:08 AM

Thanks all.

Officially back in business with the workouts. Hamstring is fully recovered.

Did workout C today at home with dumbbells. I used light weights, 15 pounds, today as I eased myself back. Will up the weight again in next workout.

Nutrition good too. Looking to have a very strong next couple of weeks now I am back to full fitness.

Today's workout:

Circuit 1:
Goblet step ups, T push ups, DB swings ... X 2, 30 secs/exercise with 15 secs rest in between
Circuit 2:
One arm squat and press, DB rows, DB rear delt raises, DB curls ... X2, 40 secs/exercise with 20 secs rest
Circuit 3:
20/10 4x narrow stance squats, 2 x jumping jacks, 4 x narrow stance squats, 3 x jumping jacks

Nutrition:

Breakfast - Omelette (3 eggs, 2 whites) with broccoli, tomato, mushrooms, onion; blueberries and banana with a bit of yoghurt and cacao powder
Snack - walnuts, apple
Post workout - Whey protein and greens shake, banana
Lunch - Steak, mushrooms, onion, sweet potato, spinach, chili
Dinner - Chicken and bean soup

Also had a couple of cups of black tea with a splash of skimmed milk. Usually have green tea in the week but don't have any green tea bags at home.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:31 AM

Off day today but a busy day. I did a lot of walking, probably about an hour in total getting from place to place if not more, which included up a couple of hills.

Nutrition was decent overall. This evening I had our work Chinese New Year dinner, which was Chinese hot pot where you cook various ingredients in boiling broth. I stuck to fish and shrimp, meat (beef) and veggies (mushrooms, cabbage etc...) for the most part, but did have a couple of beers. I steered clear of having any carbs (e.g. dumplings) or any dessert.

Other that that I ate:

-3 eggs omelette with veggies for breakfast
-A greens juice (kale, apple, celery, green bell pepper) and almonds for a mid morning snack
-Worked through lunch so had some pumpkin and sunflower seeds with an orange to keep me going
-Lunch was lean beef with mushrooms (left over from yesterday) plus an apple
-Protein shake with greens drink before going to dinner
-Then the dinner in the evening