TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 20th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2014, 12:11 PM
Administrator

British Gentleman Mindset Breakthrough: I was buying a book of American stamps today at the post office. Seems simple enough, right? I ask for 20. She counters with, "We have these really COOL US stamps in packs of 6!!!"

Ok, chill out. <= My first - and wrong - reaction.

Then I realized, to get through the day as a British Gentleman and overcome my natural cynicism, I must approach the day with childlike wonderment.

But I wasn't satisfied with that explanation.

Then as I biked to the UPS store after the post office, I realized a better phrase...one that people would get...and it's to approach the day as if I was given a 2nd lease on life...like someone waking up from a coma, or like Bill Murray's character in Groundhog Day.

So that's the breakthrough.

Mentally go through the day with childlike wonder/2nd lease on life outlook and it will be much easier to interact with everyone about everything.

The mundane becomes magnificent.

And the attitude must be genuine...not facetious.

I can make that work.

The lady at the post office helped me more than she'll ever know.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:11 AM
Administrator

"If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough."
- Ellen Johnson Sirleaf

Also...

Research suggests talking to strangers can result in happiness. The study says people reported positive feelings when being spoken to and initiating conversations with strangers in public.

I can attest. Feels great to say hello or good morning to a stranger.

Try it.

They won't bite.

At least they haven't bitten me yet.
Old 07-23-2014, 03:39 PM
Administrator

PS - Encouraging words are always worth a read...and I always read everything I write because the advice applies as much to me as anyone.

http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthrea...906#post189906
Old 07-23-2014, 03:47 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Ballantyne View Post
"If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough."
- Ellen Johnson Sirleaf

Also...

Research suggests talking to strangers can result in happiness. The study says people reported positive feelings when being spoken to and initiating conversations with strangers in public.

I can attest. Feels great to say hello or good morning to a stranger.

Try it.

They won't bite.

At least they haven't bitten me yet.
I talked to a stranger at the gym today. Actually, she did most of the talking. She wanted to know about my workout and how to lose belly fat.(she also wanted to be a able run without peeing her pants) I told her what I could(You have to combine diet with total body....just kidding) I did tell her that she needed to clean up the diet and do resistance training. I gave her your facebook info saying that you were a very nice CANADIAN gentleman.(couldn't fib) who creates great short workouts. That was another thing she wanted. So...if a new lady jumps on your next Q and A asking about incontinence, you're welcome! She then got on the abductor machine.

P.S. Also, a little old lady came up and asked me what protein powder I used to be able to do that "thang" I was doing! (KB swing, goblet squat, swing) 8 )

PPS-If you want the perfect Bill Murray/childlike wonder scene look up What About Bob, sailing scene!
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17
Old 07-24-2014, 08:12 AM
Administrator

Today's BG progress:
It is an absolutely perfect day here in my lil' town of Stratford, Ontario. It's cool for a summer's day, but I prefer that. It would be just right to do the Justin Bieber walking tour. Alas, I'm too busy for that. But...

I went to our little health food store. It's our Whole Foods with less junk (there is SO MUCH JUNK in Whole Foods these days...it should be called 1/2 Junk, 1/2 Whole Foods)

I had a few questions about the meat, and spoke with the owner. As we ended our discussion, I told her how much I loved the store and everything it offered the city. She was very flattered and thankful.

Most people doing good work don't get thanked enough for it. So go out of your way to give a BIG Thank You to someone today that brings goodness into your life...whether it's your barista, your boss, your best friend, your bus driver, your beef farmer, etc.

Focus on small, positive changes, habits, rituals, right thinking, and routines everyday. Change your mindset. You are a person who can and will succeed. Truly believe in yourself. You CAN - and WILL - do it this time! Never give up on what is important to you.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:08 AM
Administrator

Research suggests talking to strangers can result in happiness.

University of Chicago Booth School of Business Professor Nicholas Epley says, "Commuters on a train into downtown Chicago reported a significantly more positive commute when they connected with a stranger than when they sat in solitude.”

"I can attest. Feels great to say hello or good morning to a stranger. Try it. They won't bite. At least they haven't bitten me yet." - Craig Ballantyne
Old 07-26-2014, 05:20 AM
Administrator

“Once you have determined the spiritual principles you wish to exemplify, abide by these rules as if they were laws…How long can you afford to put off who you really want to be? Your nobler self cannot wait any longer. Put your principles into practice – NOW. Stop the excuses & procrastination. This is your life! From this instant on, vow to stop disappointing yourself. Decide to be extraordinary and do what you need to do – now.” – Epictetus
Old 07-28-2014, 06:53 AM
Administrator

All progress, all good days, start by winning the morning. Attack your #1 priority. Stick to your best habits when willpower is highest. Do something BIG early in the day that moves you forward. You'll get that sense of accomplishment and success to make the entire day better

Make a difference. Live a life that matters. To do so, you must stop letting your days slip away on little things. Start your day with positive rituals that get you focused. Do the BIG jobs first. Eliminate temptations so that you remain focused. And have STOP times and strict deadlines for all projects. Control your day, own your future.
Old 07-28-2014, 03:34 PM
Administrator

I really needed this ONE today, Craig.

My motivation was low this morning, but when I received this PEXT from you it really gave me the kick in the pants I needed to start my Monday off on the right foot.

I was able to get 2 emails sent, read 20 pages, and take the pups on a walk before heading to work at 7:00 am this morning thanks to this message.

Dani
Old 07-29-2014, 10:34 AM
Administrator

Great work. You need to a perfect start to the morning to make the rest of the day amazing - always. Keep on pushing on.

You cannot fail but you can always make progress. If you persist, nothing will stop you from moving ahead and getting closer to your goals and dreams. Keep on pushing on, little by little on some days, BIG step by BIG leap on others. Never give up on what is important to you. Stay strong, get STRONGER every day. I believe in you. You CAN do it.