TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 18th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2013, 11:35 AM

Default Looking to the future

Hi all,

I am back again for another transformation contest, which this time I plan to finish.

Last time out I came close but after a great first month fell off the wagon for the next month before getting back on it towards the end. So overall, it was mission unaccomplished.

The title of the thread is Looking to the Future because though disappointed with stop start progress I want to learn from past mistakes and look forward to meet my goals rather than dwell.

So here is the program:

Goal - Lose 15-20 pounds of fat by end of contest. I'd like to be under 15% body fat. Currently I'm over 20% and 187 pounds.

To get there I will follow TT 2.0 in the order laid out. I am equipped at home and have a gym membership too so no excuse to miss workouts.

Nutrition wise i will stick with what's worked in the past, three main meals and a couple of snacks a day based around whole natural foods, following simple nutrition guidelines. Avoid alcohol.

I know this works ... but this time I need to stick to it, no excuses.

Good luck to everyone!
Old 09-04-2013, 11:59 AM
Administrator

Excellent plan!
Old 09-04-2013, 09:11 PM

Good luck Tom! I know that if you put your mind to it, you'll be able to finish...just keep reminding yourself every day!!
Old 09-06-2013, 06:39 AM
Administrator

Hope this is going well!
Old 09-09-2013, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Ballantyne View Post
Hope this is going well!
Starting the program proper tomorrow. Have spent some time planning and prepping.

This evening I did an old man's warm up to get myself ready.

I'm doing my first TT 2.0 Intermediate workout tomorrow morning.

Nutrition wise I've got a lot of groceries in and have been preparing healthy foods. We had roast chicken and vegetables yesterdays and with the leftovers I made a chicken and bean soup for today.

On Wednesday I am going to Shanghai for two days. The hotel I picked has a very good gym and a large swimming pool so it should be an active trip. I'll be able to do workout 2 the program on Thursday and head for a swim before work on Friday.

Here's to a good week.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:34 PM
Administrator

Awesome, enjoy the travel and the training!
Old 09-11-2013, 09:55 PM

Landed late last night and had an early start for work but managed to squeeze in a 4 minute miracle workout (Pushups/Total Body Extensions/Mountain Climbers/Total Body Extensions) and 10 laps of the pool this morning before breakfast.

For breakfast I had a small omelette (asked them not to use oil), with some fruit and a slice of smoked salmon. I also had some flax/omega 3 bites I bought before coming and a whey sached (wasn't sure how much protein I'd have in my meals out later) with some skimmed milk and a small banana. So was quite a big breakfast. Will work out calories on livestrong.

I'm having lunch and dinner out. The portions won't be very large as people in China share dishes rather than each getting their own so it'll be up to me how much I eat.

May go for another swim when I get into my hotel this evening then I'll get to bed early tonight and rise early to do my full TT 2.0 workout in the morning.
Old 09-12-2013, 06:36 AM
Administrator

Great work Tom, well planned!
Old 09-12-2013, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Ballantyne View Post
Great work Tom, well planned!
Thanks Craig.

Believe it or not, lunch was Japanese ... I had sashimi with a bit of rice and miso soup, and then had an apple after. I had a vegan protein/veggie nutritional shake for my snack in the afternoon.
Old 09-13-2013, 08:32 AM

I"m pleased to report a very successful Workout A of TT 2.0 Intermediate this morning.

I slept extremely well last night and woke up with a lot of energy, had a quick black coffee, and got straight to work in the gym.

Started with the warm up then did 3 sets of split squats and incline DB presses (using 2 x 22 pound dumbells for the split squats, and 2 x 26 pound dumbells for the presses)

The next circuit was intense with the rows, DB RDLs (substituted from stability ball leg curls since they had no ball), the mountain climbers, and finishing up with the close grip push ups was a killer!

I did the circuit twice, then finished with the 20/10 finisher (total body extensions, x-body mountain climbers, narrow stance squats).

I've got to say hats off to Craig for this workout. Definitely one of my favourite TT ones I have done. I worked hard and was beat at the end but felt amazing all day after!

The great thing about TT workouts are that they are challenging (and obviously effective) but also fun at the same time. It's a great feeling getting to the gym and giving it your all for 30-45 mins, then leaving with the satisfaction of having completed a tough challenge.

Looking forward to Workout B on Sunday which looks awesome too.

All in all I'm pleased with the way the two days in China have gone. I haven't been able to eat as strictly as I would at home (where I'd prepare all my meals), but having the fruit, protein, nuts and other healthy food choices I packed with me has allowed me to get the quality nutrition my body needs in, and when eating out, though not 100% optimal as I don't know how the food is prepared, I've tried to be selective and look for protein choices, veggies etc... as much as possible. I also steered clear of booze.

At today's lunch I had a variety of veggies (greens, mushrooms, some salad), and protein choices (fish, a little beef, some tofu) and a bit of rice. Some of the dishes were a little oily and I'm not sure what oil they use here, but I didn't have huge platefuls of that stuff.

It's back home now and this weekend I'm planning some kayaking on Sunday, probably a hike or a swim tomorrow morning, and of course my TT workout on Sunday. I'll be back to preparing all my own food so looking forward to a healthy weekend.

Hope everyone else is getting on well.