TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 24th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2015, 04:44 PM

Default Getting it this 24th Contest

*Start August 31, 2015
*Ends November 23, 2015 (THIS IS IN MY CALENDAR)
*Set a weekly check-in on Mondays, my day off, at 7am to do check-in

***Simplicity & Focus overall goal***

Workouts
1. Thermogenic30 for 4 weeks
2. 20-10 Workout Revolution for 4 weeks
3. TBD for 4 weeks. Will decide this after Thermogenic 30

Diet
*1-2 days a week IF with a 100-500 calorie meal, like a bag of broccoli or something. Busiest days. Otherwise, simplistic diet.
*Sundays and/or Mondays, based on parties/events with church, not giving a rip, followed by a IF day.
*Othewise, simplicity. Skipping breakfast works marvelous. Lots of good fats, protein, veggies.

Family
*Date night with my wife
*Stop being a hothead with everyone; maintain the peace; keep bitterness out and "woe is me" about how tough I *THINK* it is. At least I have what I have.
*Help teach my children sciences, computers, math

Personal
*No long-winded essays unless I'm really needing to vent in here.
*Do what I do; inspire, create, lead and manage well.
*Avoid drainers, to give my wife, kids and dreams my best.

Hustles
*Finish my board game, get a Kickstarter up, produce the "Minecraft of Boardgaming," make millions
*Finish one of my kids books. Its a small scoped project, most of it is done. Publish on Kindle.
*Save the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-26-2015, 06:04 PM
Administrator

I have a really hard time picturing you being a hothead with anyone. You're a good man, Mann. Excited to see your progress here.

That said, feel free to cut a few things back. You are trying to make a lot of changes. I suggest sticking to ONE hustle for now.

But don't worry, we'll get to saving the world.
Old 08-29-2015, 04:59 PM

I'm excited that you're back Matt!
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17
Old 09-01-2015, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Ballantyne View Post
I have a really hard time picturing you being a hothead with anyone. You're a good man, Mann. Excited to see your progress here.

That said, feel free to cut a few things back. You are trying to make a lot of changes. I suggest sticking to ONE hustle for now.

But don't worry, we'll get to saving the world.
Yeah, that really was a rough draft of thoughts looking back at it. Thanks for your wisdom. I'll tighten it up tomorrow and repost.

I had some caffeine late tonight and a late nap, so I'm "buzzed" but sleep is coming quick.
Old 09-01-2015, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieM View Post
I'm excited that you're back Matt!
I don't have anywhere else to turn, Leslie In Kansas City, I don't have a TT community to turn to... of course, my family and friends say "GET IT BROTHA MANN!" etc. but this is the place to be real about it... to cuss, spit and holler... to write ridiculously happy notes... etc.

This time, brief, though. Essentialism is really important this season. The whole "find the minimal" to be successful is really key for this 12 weeks.
Old 09-02-2015, 10:24 AM

Default 9/1

Workouts
*Pretty wiped from 5 hours at the zoo + a rough night taking care of the fam & baby. I made it to work, got some "movement time" walking for 30 mins on treadmill reading a book.

Diet
Fasted for 16 hours. Broke it with a protein/peanut butter/coconut oil/frozen strawberries/banana/ splash of milk/cocoa powder bowl Maybe call it the McMann Bowl or something so save time Did not plan well in afternoon. Did not eat my bag of veggies and was starving when at home. Made a clean chicken/rice/veggie stirfry, great portion control, ate extra veggies. Drank some of my kids grape juice before bed... oops. Could not shake thirst after tons of water all day. Still feeling yesterday.

Family
Defused argument with wife. Gave everybody 30 mins at bed time. Gave wife more than that. She's carrying a child, needs a little more lovin'

Personal
Meeting set with a mentor who is in similar boat just farther along; father, husband, working a job and created and published a board game.
Old 09-02-2015, 02:10 PM
Administrator

Heck of a day!
Old 09-03-2015, 12:44 AM

Default 9/2

Workouts
This is typically an off day, so stayed active. Got plenty of sleep the last 2 nights. This is huge. I'm feeling this, in a positive way.

Diet
Was going to be a fast day until lunch, then made a killer Protein/spinach/PB/chocolate/banana smoothie for my kids. One sip and I said, to heck with it. No lunch, ate a bag of California Medley veggies. Dinner was hamburger/black bean patties, brocoli & corn. Adding Sriracha to last two nights dinner. It hurts so good Diet DP today as well. Finished off night with a small PB/Coconut/Fairlife Milk/Frozen blueberries/Protein treat.

Reading about these bowls, Craig, have been life changing. Gotta keep portions in check, but wow. A hit. Changed my life.

Family
Great laughs with family. Kept cool when asking the kids to pick up today. Got a little snippy after work today, really was drained. Spending some alone time to recharge right now before bed at 11. Wife and I are doing great. Told the girls a bedtime story about "cheesehead" monsters, a princess castle, etc. and laughed a ton. Good times.

Woops, forgot to brush their teeth. Oh well

Personal
Doing some quick art tonight before bed or concept art for board game. Reading as I go to sleep tonight as well. Wake up at 6:30! Feeling great, feeling motivated. The threat of lack of enough income is there.. we are living on reserves. Need a big break. Keeping positive, staying in control of what I can.
Old 09-04-2015, 11:11 AM

Default 9/3

Workouts
TT Thermo 30 workout A. Got through all of it except last round of finisher. Then, got on the exercise bike for 15 minutes for the fun of it. Didn't overwork, I keep it light. I've just enjoyed the habit of riding lately.

Diet
Did well, had some protein/berries/peanut butter, green beans and some almonds during day. Knowing full well that I was going to Mama Mann's house. had unhealthy dinner and a small bowl of ice cream. I planned on it, though, so today is fasting until afternoon when we are on road to the lake for weekend.

Family
Sacrificed my evening of wanting to introvert (what's the verb of this word ha!) and took the kids to my parents' house so wife could work on school prep and rest. Second time there this week. Sat at the table and listened to dad tell stories about work and pickin' on my one year old, while mom rolled her eyes and scooped the girls "just a little more" i-c-e-c-r-e-a-m (have to spell it, you know, keep it a surprise). Cherishing these moments as I know they won't be here forever.

Personal
Did not do well. I was drained after the day. Got home, put baby to bed then introverted. Didn't immediately do the dishes or laundry that needed to be done, so I stayed up too late. and slept late. Drained today. Hoping to go mostly device-free this weekend, just pen/paper and reflection during a short family gathering in Branson.
Old 09-08-2015, 06:19 PM

Default 9/whatever-9/8

Overall Labor Day weekend: Swam and walked SO MUCH this weekend. Big family reunion. Eating was unexceptional. I drank too much soda, though. Not the diet kind either.

Weekend ended on an incredibly sour note; my wife's grandmother ended her life on Monday morning (yesterday) with an overdose in one of the cabins. We're just glad we were there with family and not 4 hours away in KC.

Workout
Off day today. Drained in all areas. Will start doing a Tr-Sat-Mo rotation with an additional day if the workout plan calls for it.

Diet
Today, great. Fasted from 10pm yesterday to 3pm today. Broke it with a clean burger and a Diet DP (hey, I'm not you guys yet with the Diet Cokes... next challenge

Family
This is a big one. Available to the wife last night and today. Keeping laundry going, cleaning around the house last night. Being a calm voice will be tough tonight; I'm just as drained. Need some ALONE time. My oldest kind of gets the "death" thing, but not entirely. Tough times.

Personal
Needing to carve some ME time tonight. Getting some quotes for producing my board game. Excited about that! Hoping to dive in to it after getting everyone else served & to bed. When I get into these projects, its a HUGE RECHARGE.. Its like Richard Dreyfuss and the mashed potatoes in "Close Encounters of the Third Kind".... THIS MEANS SOMETHING. THIS IS IMPORTANT. HA!