TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 20th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2014, 09:58 PM

Default There's No Place Like Om

I committed to daily meditation practice for this contest a few days ago, but haven't started my thread yet, so today it's official.

I'm still keeping up with exercise and diet, and will likely throw that in for accountability, but where I really need the help is in keeping my stress/anxiety level in check. So, I'm shooting for a short practice every day, to grow longer as I develop the habit.

I've already kept it going for 4 days!
Old 05-15-2014, 06:22 AM

Default I Think You're Wonderful!

I had the best inspiration for a heart-centered meditation today. I was led to listen to a song I haven't heard since my kids (now in high school) were little: Red Grammer's "I Think You're Wonderful." I think that was my favorite song 12 years ago.

Ahhh. That feels so good, doesn't it, when someone tells us we're wonderful?

In case you don't know it, go to http://youtu.be/QPg7i9nIEf0

In my mind I was telling other people they are wonderful, feelin' the love. I think I had that little smile the yogis say you should have on your face during meditation...
Old 05-15-2014, 10:00 AM

Awesome on your meditation.
I have trouble quieting my mind...

I thought I would let you know that I replied to your message. I have some errands and work so I likely won't be back on the forum until this evening.

Shawn
Old 05-15-2014, 12:43 PM

Great name, great idea. Continued success. Concetta
Old 05-15-2014, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnss711 View Post
Awesome on your meditation.
I have trouble quieting my mind...

Shawn
I have found that my priest at church has helped me to learn patience and to quiet my mind. We are Catholic and in most Catholic churches, mass is an hour or even less (we went to a 30 minute mass when I was a kid). In the church in our town, mass is always longer than an hour. I have learned to quiet my mind during all the downtime in mass. It is not that our priest talks longer (he does, though) but that he moves more slowly and has a lot more "pause time" built into mass. So, my patience has extended from this and more recently I have found my mind to be quiet during the quiet time.

Tai chi also helped me with this (daily meditation is encouraged there).

I guess just like anything, practice will help. Start small and eventually you will find you are going longer! I have recently started doing a (almost) daily rosary (another Catholic thing) and prayer is another way to get that quiet, self time which is at least in part what meditation is about.

Old 05-15-2014, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal1 View Post
I have recently started doing a (almost) daily rosary (another Catholic thing) and prayer is another way to get that quiet, self time which is at least in part what meditation is about.
Yes, that's what I was thinking about the meditation last night. It resembles prayer in that quiet, focused time (as long as it's not a rant at God!). Lovingkindness meditations are just like praying for people without any (acknowledged) intermediary.
Old 05-16-2014, 03:31 AM

Meditation accomplished while 99% submerged (eyes, nose and mouth above water) in the hot tub, listening to my breath in and out, and my heart beating in my ears. Ahhh.
Old 05-16-2014, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocombes View Post
Meditation accomplished while 99% submerged (eyes, nose and mouth above water) in the hot tub, listening to my breath in and out, and my heart beating in my ears. Ahhh.

Sounds great! I think I could handle meditation like that
Old 05-17-2014, 01:16 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocombes View Post
How long did you do this? Just curious. I'm afraid I might fall asleep!
Old 05-18-2014, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieM View Post
How long did you do this? Just curious. I'm afraid I might fall asleep!
It was only 10 minutes or less; I actually got too hot and had to get out. But I was *very* relaxed.

Last night I got home after a long, whirlwind day and laid down in bed, exhausted, at about 11:15 to do my meditation. I definitely fell asleep on that one...