TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 8th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2010, 11:12 PM

1 Hour yoga class today, and dinner out. Calories at 1410, that is if I didn't underestimate the salad dressing. I had it on the side but I used plenty.
Dinner:
2 fresh rolls
mixed green salad with shrimp and chicken breast
more shrimp and chicken breast with mixed vegetables
1/4 C oat bran with 1C blueberries when I got home.
I've been drinking lots of water (over 10 glasses total a day) but my hands feel swollen at the end of the day. Our weather is finally getting warm here and that may have something to do with it. Pleasantly sore from TT2K8 yesterday. By the way my yoga teacher also teaches pilates so she's always giving us unique exercises to challenge our abs, but after 2 years of TT my abs are always up for the challenge. Craig mentioned an expert who said that the ability to hold a plank for a full two minutes is a good indication of a protective level of core strength. Recently, I held a plank and counted to 120 really fast. Maybe tomorrow I'll use a clock.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:15 PM

Oh- the fresh rolls aren't bread, they're lettuce and carrot with a little shrimp wrapped in this thin stretchy chewy thing --- oh! my son says it's rice paper
Old 06-06-2010, 01:03 AM

Workout: TT2K8C Increasing weights, feeling really good. Progress in slimming my legs and lower stomach is slow, but wow my arms and shoulders are the best they've ever been. By continuing to progress my weight loads and intervals, and with about another five pound fat loss...well...for the first time in my life I won't be saying, "I could still stand to lose 10 pounds". How will that feel? Like freedom, I think.
Calories today as per fitday: 1621
Dinner:
Beef 4oz
1/2 small plain baked potato with salsa and butter spray
7oz asparagus
7oz mixed green salad w/low calorie dressing
1C raspberries
1 whole grain tortilla
2t coconut oil
cinnamon
I've read that cinnamon increases insulin sensitivity, and that coconut oil turns up the metabolism. Rest day tomorrow.
Old 06-06-2010, 01:08 PM

AMEN to freedom!!!!

"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride- and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high- but so are the rewards." ~ PAUL "BEAR" BRYANT

My Fitday Journal
Old 06-07-2010, 12:14 AM

I may be sore tomorrow. I started getting down to business choreographing Too Darn Hot today, and I went to work on the big five minute contemporary number that's going to be the toughest dance in our show. I rented a DVD on floor work, this is where we fall to or roll on the floor creating a whole new level for your dances, and the first thing they showed on the DVD was a plank and then a shoot out plank which is part of a burpee! (Thanks TT.) Actually the first several minutes of the DVD was the two guys talking about the importance of core strength in all of the moves. Anyway, after lots of controlled falls and forward and backward summersaults. I may be paying the price tomorrow. The truth is I never would have been trying these moves without having gone through a TT transformation. That's fine. I have yoga tomorrow and TT2K8 workout A is on Tuesday.
Calories 1509 today. My menus are getting pretty similar. Hmmm, I wonder if I can paste and copy from fitday to here...
Old 06-07-2010, 12:25 AM

Total
Blueberries, raw
Ezekiel Bread 2
Cantaloupe (muskmelon), raw
Cheese, cream, light or lite
Chicken, breast, skin not eaten 412
Coconut oil-2t
Cooked egg-2 -140
Almond milk 2oz
Lettuce, red leaf, raw- 14oz
Oil, PAM cooking spray, organic olive oil
Salad dressing, low-calorie
Salsa- 1C-100cal
Spinach, raw 65cal
sugar free syrup
Corn on the cob- 1 small ear
Quinoa- 20 grams dry

Hmmm, not pretty, but pretty accurate!
Old 06-09-2010, 12:46 AM

2 pounds gone! Back to 123, and ready to push into new fat loss territory. Went to bed late and got up early so TT2K8 workout A was a bit of an extra challenge, but I pushed through. No increases in weight, but my form was good. I would love to release another two pounds by the start of rehearsals next week. Calories staying right around 1550, and I'm going to be very active for the next 6 weeks on top of my workouts. Sleep and water will be key to staying energized.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:34 PM

WooHoo! 2 lbs gone. Time to party!!! I'm talking partying with veggies and fruits and lean meats BTW, I love the picture of you on the front of the Transformation 2 book. You've come so far. Keep on keepin on!!!!!!
"So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." 1 Corinthians 10:31

3rd Place TC8 5-week mini contest!
1st Place TC8 12-week contest Under 40 Division!

Last edited by momof4 : 06-09-2010 at 07:05 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:01 AM

Whaa? I'm on the cover of the TT 2 book? They used to say I'd be a star. Who know it would be for transforming my body, (and my life) at 45! (46 now) That is so cool, and it fits in nicely with my plans for world domination. Oops I mean inspiration, world wide inspiration. C'mon TTers, let do it together. It'll be fun.
Calories A La fitday- 1328. I love fruits and veggies! I take a soft whole wheat corn tortilla, put a 2t low fat cream cheese and a few blackberries in it, a little stevia and cinnamon voila- dessert. Yum.
Yoga today, TT2k8B tomorrow, and I just downloaded my next workout- TT adrenaline- wahoo!
Old 06-10-2010, 08:22 AM

Yes Catherine you are a cover girl! And believe me, an inspiration. I really appreciate your advice and encouragement. You are doing great with your workouts and food. Keep up the great work. Concetta