TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 8th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2010, 03:06 PM

Cool Transformation Hijacker

Ok so am I right in thinking the contest ends on 23rd of August? Obviously I'm too late to officially join, but seeing as I just started TT yesterday I thought I'd unofficially do my own 4 week transformation (the 23rd is 4 weeks away right?!)

I've been reading everyone else's transformation threads and am feeling all motivated right now, so thought I'd better start before that feeling passes.

I'm too chicken to post pictures but I'll buy a measuring tape tomorrow and publish my stats :/ Hopefully that will motivate me to stick to the program so I can post changes in 4 weeks (hopefully!)

So don't mind me. I plan on waffling away to myself like a gibbering fool. I'm doing the intermediate program because I'm a weakling, and will do bw stuff on my off days. I try to stick to 1600 cals a day. Anyone know if this is too high? I'm 146lbs Ock well. I'll see how it works out.

Off I go*...

*Cue Rocky Theme Tune
Old 07-25-2010, 03:28 PM

I think it is a great idea! Whatever it takes to keep yourself motivated.

Plus it will be great practice getting ready for the next contest that starts in September - I think.

Have a great workout!!! -By the time you finnish Intermediate for Fat Loss you will be feeling STRONG

"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride- and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high- but so are the rewards." ~ PAUL "BEAR" BRYANT

My Fitday Journal
Old 07-25-2010, 03:33 PM

Day 1

which was actually yesterday. Which is confusing. I also could have easily put this on at the bottom of the last post. Oh well. I though I'd be fancy and have a post a day.

Soooooooo I did workout A of the intermediate. It was jazzy, and my arms are hurting today from the incline press. The gym I go to is tiny. Like, the size of quite a large bathroom. And there were two other people in at the same time as me, making it crowded. So I avoided the jacknife because I didn't want the other two to injure themselves by laughing hysterically as they watched me repeatedly fall off the damn wibbly wobbly stability ball.

ALTHOUGH, one guy, who had a wibbly wobby belly, spent the 30 mins jogging on the treadmill, followed by some crunches. So maybe I had the last laugh. Maybe. When I'm perfectly balanced on the stability ball I'll allow myself a wicked chuckle.

As for grub, well, the less said the better. Although... when I was walking back from the gym I had a little discussion in my head that went a little something like this:

'Mmm... I fancy a beer'
'No, no I won't. I'll go home and have some cold water'
'But, I did go to the gym, and it's the weekend, and my boyfriend is at work and I'll feel less like my saturday night is dull if I have a drink.'
'What, by myself? That's pretty dull.'
'Ok so maybe it is. But the extra 5 min walk to the shop will offset some of the beer calories'
'Don't be ridiculous.'
'My tea will taste nicer with beer'
'I need to stop drinking fluid with food because it flushes out my juices, or something like that...'
'Ock that's probably a load of rubbish. Beer it is.'
'No you crazy lady! No beer!
'Beer!'
'Noooooooooooooooo!'
'But it will taste sooo good'
'Yes, but after I'll feel bloated and fat and horrible'
'But imagine the sweet golden liquid...'
'Mmmm........'
'Frothy, fizzy, beery goodness...'
'Mmmhmmm..................Wait! NO! Beer won't get me a flat belly'
'Who cares about that? Beer tastes so nice.'
'No no no no. I want a flat belly more than I want beer.'
'Actually, maybe I do...'
'Yes. Yes I do, quick, run into the flat before I change my mind!'
'I'm MENTAL!'
Old 07-25-2010, 04:52 PM

Day 2

which is actually today. I had an off day today, so I went for a walk round the Botanic gardens and pretended to be interested in flowers. Then I went to the duck pond and stood for half an hour observing the complicated life of ducks.

We had pasta for lunch ( i know, carb fest. BUT we plan our menus every week and this one was already on the cards before I started, so I had no choice. I was forced!)

Now I have my excuse laid out, time to admit we also had garlic bread (shocked smiley!). I'm not gonna lie, it was good. But from now on it will be a luxury cheat meal.

Then, after listening to the awesome Doctor Who Proms, I walked to the gym and met my mum there. I'd managed to convince her to try TT so I wrote out the beginning workout for her to try. So I did it along with her and showed her all the exercises. To be honest, I don't know if she'll stick to it... Her activity levels aren't great. If you combined her nutrition with my activity you'd have yourself a supermodel. Well, maybe a retired supermodel who's let herself go a bit, but a supermodel none the less.

The gym was empty so I tried the ole jacknife on the ball. Eek. I was wobbling about all over the joint! Definitely need to work on that bad boy.

Then I walked home, even though I was offered a lift in the car (woo!). Had a vegan pie, a bit of garlic mash and peas for my tea. Also made some ice tea with a squirt of lemon juice and agave nectar. I love ice tea. It's one of my favourite things about America. The stuff we get here is too sugary and made by a big chemical company who test on animals (so a big no no for me).

My food hasn't been great today, cals at 1700. But the meals I have planned for this week are better, I think... Although I'm dreading the weekend because we're going to Ireland for a big shindig and no doubt the alcohol will flow.

My diet isn't great in general. I have such a sweet tooth and really have to force down 'healthy' stuff. I can't stand fruit. I like the taste (except bananas which are the single most revolting thing ever invented) but I have a weird 'thing' about the texture. It's all the seeds and skins in the inside of my mouth. Eurgh. So i have to have smoothies that have had the crap blended out of them so there are no bits left, and pure fruit juice.

So my goal for this week is a small change to my diet. I have fallen into a bad habit of having a bag of crisps and can of diet fizzy juice at work around 10am. The goal is to cut this out. I have 'natural' orange diluting juice and raw nuts and seeds to take with me tomorrow. I know the diluting juice isn't great, but I like to have a wee change from water at some point in the day. And at least it doesn't have aspartame in it.

Small changes... that's what it's all about eh?! I will post another thrilling resume of my day tomorrow.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:18 PM

Day 3 (in the Big Brother house)

Aahhh bloomin caffeine in the ice tea kept me up last night! Getting up for work at half 5 was not fun, but I managed to do my little 10 min morning yoga, which is really gentle but does wonders for my lower back pain.

Did an evil core pilates workout during my lunch break, then workout B of the intermediate program. To be honest, I'm going to have to learn to like this particular workout. I'll have to rewatch the video about the SB rollout because what I was doing did not feel normal! Also, I wasn't loving the reverse lunges. Anyone know if forward lunges are just as good? Struggled with the intervals too, but I think that was due to the muggy heat. So overall, not my best workout but I stuck at it and didn't give up. And afterwards my face looked like a lobster and my hair looked like Edward Scissorhands' - so there's no faulting my effort!

Grub for today....
6am - fruit smoothie
9am - sultana bran and soya milk
1130 am - some raw nuts/seeds
1300pm - avocado, black beans and orange pepper
1530pm - rasperry and almond milk smoothie
Any minute now - tofu, mash and asparagus (smells good!)

Had the rest of my ice tea at work, which kept me from dropping off, and some orange diluting in the afternoon. Water the rest of the way.

I was having a wee debate about what to do about food, and thought about fasting... but after reading the thread on ESE I don't think it's for me. 'Eating normal' for me means 'eating rubbish', so I don't think fasting will help me make permanent healthy changes to my diet.

So I'm sticking to 1600 a day and see where that takes me. Ideally, when I get closer to my goal weight I'd like to stop counting everything, and instead maybe calculate 10% of my calories and save that for cheat food everyweek. That way the majority of my diet should be clean, without too much effort. Basically I want to get to a place where eating healthy comes naturally and I enjoy a treat only occasionally, and I don't have a daily battle with food choices and guilt.
What I'm more interested in is using TT to constantly improve my fitness and strength, rather than get bogged down in nutrition

My tofu is ready!
Old 07-26-2010, 03:32 PM

Welcome! Let's see what you can do in 4 weeks!!!!!
"So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." 1 Corinthians 10:31

3rd Place TC8 5-week mini contest!
1st Place TC8 12-week contest Under 40 Division!
Old 07-26-2010, 09:07 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by weetamclan View Post
I stuck at it and didn't give up. And afterwards my face looked like a lobster and my hair looked like Edward Scissorhands' - so there's no faulting my effort!
That is a sure sign of a successful TT workout!!!

"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride- and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high- but so are the rewards." ~ PAUL "BEAR" BRYANT

My Fitday Journal
Old 07-26-2010, 11:17 PM

Welcome! Baby steps on that diet. You'll get there!
My TT#9 contest thread
Old 07-27-2010, 05:36 PM

Thumbs down

Day 4

Argh! An annoyingly bad day for three reasons.

1. I had a bagel after work because I had a thumping sore head and for some reason thought some stodgy carbs would help (it didn't).

2. Because of said sore head, I lay down on my bed when I got in to 'rest my eyes'. Big mistake! Fell asleep and when I woke up I had to rush to go out to meet my friends so didn't have time to do a bw circuit like I'd planned.

3. When out for tea with my friends, I had a cocktail and a beer. Big sugary carb fest.

So I'm annoyed at myself, big time. But at least I walked to the pub, which is a 25 min uphill trek. Maybe that burned off the first 2 sips... and I did yoga during lunch even though I seriously couldn't be bothered. But tomorrow it's back to the gym for another TT workout, so I'll try to up the effort!

Oh and I took some measurements, just belly and thighs. I had to wrap a shoelace around and then put it against a ruler, so it might not be 100% exact...

weight - 146lbs
Size of belly at it's most sticky out bit - 37"
Both thighs at widest bit - 22"

24 days to go to make a wee change in those figures, make healthy changes to my diet, and maybe do some full pushups without collapsing to the floor in a heap of agony!
Old 07-28-2010, 03:36 PM

Day 5

This sore head is really getting on my nerves!

Anyway, food for the day:

smoothie
sultana bran
nuts/seeds
some dubious homemade vegetable dish that's been in the freezer for weeks. Might have been a stew...
1 slice toast
lentil and cauliflower curry

I'm going to get some flax bread and maybe almond butter for next week. From my experience I feel a little weird a work if I don't have a dollop of carbs mid morning :/

Did yoga this morning, although the relaxing ambience was, as always, ruined by the sound of squawking seagulls outside. Then did pilates at lunch and hit the gym after work.

Back to workout A today from intermediate - was good! Although, I don't feel my abs working during the SB jacknife... I didn't fall off though!
I've also started doing 5 full pushups at the start of each set, hopefully I can build that over time. Man they hurt!
Went on the bike today for intervals (usually on the treadmill). When I'm on the bike, I don't get so out of breath, but my legs feel like lead. Whereas when I run, my legs are ok but my lungs are struggling. Hhmmm... hopefully a combination of the two will work.

So because of my trip I'm out of the gym until Tuesday, so I have 2 bodyweight circuits stored on my phone that I'm going to alternate when I'm away.

Quick question - how knackered does everyone feel when doing weights? My limbs get sore and my heartrate raises, but I don't get very sweaty... Should I up the speed of my reps? Don't get me wrong, by the end of intervals I'm a sweaty mess, but I'm a little worried I'm not pushing hard enough during weights.