TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 14th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #151  
Old 08-21-2012, 09:14 AM
kerry kerry is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,252
Default

Great results John. While reading your essay, I said to myself, this guy has to get good results. Then I saw the pic which certainly bears that out. Great definition....we're all proud of you. Good luck next month with your son...
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 08-21-2012, 09:32 AM
Jollybeggar's Avatar
Jollybeggar Jollybeggar is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerry View Post
Great results John. While reading your essay, I said to myself, this guy has to get good results. Then I saw the pic which certainly bears that out. Great definition....we're all proud of you. Good luck next month with your son...
Thanks so much Kerry. Appreciate it.
__________________
__________________________________
Jollybeggar aka John

“You can’t always be the fastest or the strongest, but you can always try the hardest.” - sign in Jay Ferruggia's Renegade Gym
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 08-21-2012, 10:44 AM
concetta27 concetta27 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Budd Lake, NJ
Posts: 3,932
Default

Congrats on your success John! I especially like how you set definable goals and planned! So very important as you proved. Nice work! Concetta
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 08-21-2012, 01:07 PM
Jollybeggar's Avatar
Jollybeggar Jollybeggar is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by concetta27 View Post
Congrats on your success John! I especially like how you set definable goals and planned! So very important as you proved. Nice work! Concetta
Thanks Concetta - yes, it's amazing how much better the results can be when you make a plan and not just walk around blindly. Too bad I didn't do this years ago. 43's a little late (not too late though) to plan a healthy lifestyle.
__________________
__________________________________
Jollybeggar aka John

“You can’t always be the fastest or the strongest, but you can always try the hardest.” - sign in Jay Ferruggia's Renegade Gym
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 08-21-2012, 01:35 PM
RobB's Avatar
RobB RobB is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 11,524
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jollybeggar View Post
Thanks Concetta - yes, it's amazing how much better the results can be when you make a plan and not just walk around blindly. Too bad I didn't do this years ago. 43's a little late (not too late though) to plan a healthy lifestyle.
By Golly, Jolly, I am almost 59 & I'm still working on it!!!!!!! too many tenderloins, fries, Mt. Dews and butterscotch sundaes to count!!!!!! You've done a great job.....keep'er up!!!! Rob
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 08-21-2012, 02:11 PM
Jollybeggar's Avatar
Jollybeggar Jollybeggar is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobB View Post
By Golly, Jolly, I am almost 59 & I'm still working on it!!!!!!! too many tenderloins, fries, Mt. Dews and butterscotch sundaes to count!!!!!! You've done a great job.....keep'er up!!!! Rob
Thanks Rob. I think all of us will always be working on it. I know I'm not "there" yet. Every day's another chance to make the choices that will effect our fit or fat "genes". You're sugar-free days that keep mounting up is proof you're on the right track.

I didn't reach the goals I set for myself so hopefully I keep on the track I've been on until I reach them and THEN the hard part starts of staying at the goal and not checking six-pack abs off my bucket list and then letting myself go.

Nope, I think the fun's just beginning for me.

Appreciate your friendship through the past couple of months. If I'm in IA anytime with work, we'll meet up and have a tenderloin marinated in Mt Dew with a side of fries and 2 butterscotch sundaes....deal?
__________________
__________________________________
Jollybeggar aka John

“You can’t always be the fastest or the strongest, but you can always try the hardest.” - sign in Jay Ferruggia's Renegade Gym
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 08-21-2012, 03:17 PM
RobB's Avatar
RobB RobB is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 11,524
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jollybeggar View Post
Thanks Rob. I think all of us will always be working on it. I know I'm not "there" yet. Every day's another chance to make the choices that will effect our fit or fat "genes". You're sugar-free days that keep mounting up is proof you're on the right track.

I didn't reach the goals I set for myself so hopefully I keep on the track I've been on until I reach them and THEN the hard part starts of staying at the goal and not checking six-pack abs off my bucket list and then letting myself go.

Nope, I think the fun's just beginning for me.

Appreciate your friendship through the past couple of months. If I'm in IA anytime with work, we'll meet up and have a tenderloin marinated in Mt Dew with a side of fries and 2 butterscotch sundaes....deal?
Sounds like a deep-fried plan to me!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 08-21-2012, 09:55 PM
Jollybeggar's Avatar
Jollybeggar Jollybeggar is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman View Post
Impressive results John. How do you like juicing? What device do you use and what are some of your favorite things to juice. Which of the workouts did you feel did the most for your objective or would you say they were about equal?
I'm sorry Duckman, I totally missed this post. Thanks for the congrats. I love juicing. It's more filling than you'd think and from what I've read and watched (documentary called Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead) it helps give your body the stuff it needs to heal itself. My wife has a blood disease and had a stroke last Oct (she's only 39!) so we started juicing to help her health. Now I'm hooked too.

I juice pretty much the same thing every time: kale, spinach, swiss chard, red, green & yellow peppers, sweet potato, carrots, ginger, zucchini, yellow squash and sometimes tomatoes. I also add one apple or pear and an orange. I go easy on the fruit but it definitely sweetens it up.

I live in two cities since I work in Nashville and live in Kalamazoo, at home we have a Brevelle ($150) and in Nashville we (I stay with my brother and sis-in-law) have a cheapy GE juicer from Walmart. It works just as well as the Brevelle so if you want to try juicing, go cheap to see if you stick with it.

It's hard to say which workout was more effective. I loved them all. I tend to lean towards Buff in Your Back Yard more. Shorter and more intense than the others. I was skeptical about BW workouts until I tried Buff Backyard. It totally kicked my butt. I'm a believer now.

Thanks again.
__________________
__________________________________
Jollybeggar aka John

“You can’t always be the fastest or the strongest, but you can always try the hardest.” - sign in Jay Ferruggia's Renegade Gym
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 08-22-2012, 01:46 AM
allbruteforce's Avatar
allbruteforce allbruteforce is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 297
Default

Great work Jolly. Loved the essay and the results are fantastic.

Well done, you are an inspiration
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old 08-22-2012, 08:49 AM
Jollybeggar's Avatar
Jollybeggar Jollybeggar is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 799
Default

Thanks Brute, we've missed you the past couple of weeks. You doing well?
__________________
__________________________________
Jollybeggar aka John

“You can’t always be the fastest or the strongest, but you can always try the hardest.” - sign in Jay Ferruggia's Renegade Gym
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006-2008 TTMembers.com All Rights Reserved. Reproduction without permission prohibited.