TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > TT Workout Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2012, 08:54 AM

Default Tt Mrt 2.0

I've completed 2 weeks of this workout so far and these are my thoughts:

* It is definitely one of the more challenging TT workouts. The workouts keep my heart rate up pretty high during the entire time which I like because I truly feel like I'm working hard.

* I like how this workout had a much shorter warmup than the original MRT program. That definitely makes it more enjoyable for me.

* Workout A - I thought this was a great strength building workout. I like how the chinups come later in the workout for a different challenge as compared to doing them when the muscles are fresh. I also liked the combination of exercises in each triset.

* I found workout B to be the most difficult. I made it through the circuit 5x in the 40 minutes and by the end I was completely fried. I really appreciated the 60 sec rest in the middle of the circuit - it was definitely necessary. I also was grateful that the lunge jumps were only 20 seconds and not 30.

* Workout C is another tough strength workout. Again, I like the positioning of the pullups where they are not in the first group - I found it very challenging but managed to get 5 pullups per set which I'm very happy about. Maybe next week I'll squeeze out 6 It was also very hard to do the max pushups at the end of the first group after doing the DB chest press.

* Workout D is a great circuit, but definitely not nearly as challenging as Workout B. I got through this one 5x as well in the 25 minutes. I like how there are both regular XBMC and SB XBMC and the SM Pushups - definitely a challenge for the abs.

* The only negative thing that I have to say about this workout is that it can be difficult to time in B and D. I have a GymBoss, but with almost all the exercises being 30 second intervals, I had to throw in a 5 sec interval in between in order to be able to get from one thing to another. Then there were the lunge jumps that were only 20 seconds instead of 30, plus the beginning triset of workout D that had 60 sec intervals in there as well as 30, and it became a bit tough. I also wanted to keep track of the reps I was doing, so I was trying to get back to my notebook in between each exercise to write that down. I ended up having my husband do the timing and the writing of reps for me the second week which helped a lot.
Old 06-01-2012, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dormars1979 View Post

* It is definitely one of the more challenging TT workouts. The workouts keep my heart rate up pretty high during the entire time which I like because I truly feel like I'm working hard.

* I like how this workout had a much shorter warmup than the original MRT program. That definitely makes it more enjoyable for me.

* Workout A - I thought this was a great strength building workout. I like how the chinups come later in the workout for a different challenge as compared to doing them when the muscles are fresh. I also liked the combination of exercises in each triset.

* I found workout B to be the most difficult. I made it through the circuit 5x in the 40 minutes and by the end I was completely fried. I really appreciated the 60 sec rest in the middle of the circuit - it was definitely necessary. I also was grateful that the lunge jumps were only 20 seconds and not 30.

* Workout C is another tough strength workout. Again, I like the positioning of the pullups where they are not in the first group - I found it very challenging but managed to get 5 pullups per set which I'm very happy about. Maybe next week I'll squeeze out 6 It was also very hard to do the max pushups at the end of the first group after doing the DB chest press.

* Workout D is a great circuit, but definitely not nearly as challenging as Workout B. I got through this one 5x as well in the 25 minutes. I like how there are both regular XBMC and SB XBMC and the SM Pushups - definitely a challenge for the abs.

* The only negative thing that I have to say about this workout is that it can be difficult to time in B and D. I have a GymBoss, but with almost all the exercises being 30 second intervals, I had to throw in a 5 sec interval in between in order to be able to get from one thing to another. Then there were the lunge jumps that were only 20 seconds instead of 30, plus the beginning triset of workout D that had 60 sec intervals in there as well as 30, and it became a bit tough. I also wanted to keep track of the reps I was doing, so I was trying to get back to my notebook in between each exercise to write that down. I ended up having my husband do the timing and the writing of reps for me the second week which helped a lot.
That is a great summary and similar to my experience. I am also in the 2nd week. The timed intervals are challenging to set up on GymBoss since there are too many variables. However, if you have an iPad, you can get a Tabata app which works perfectly on these intervals. It is free.
Old 06-01-2012, 04:43 PM

Default KB Get Up

Workout C calls for 5 reps of KB Get Ups per side. Does that mean a total of 10 per exercise or 5 per set and than alternate leg? They are very time consuming when doing the 10 per set so I am not sure if I am doing too many.
Old 06-01-2012, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dormars1979 View Post

Thanks for this great recap of a great program. Yes, I agree that workout B was very tough, but for me, I found workout D the most challenging. The lunge/curl/press is a tremendous compound exercise and I love anything that includes spiderman pushups. I completed 4 weeks of this program today, and I am really feeling super. Looking forward to starting June BW Cardio 5 on Monday.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:11 AM

I was thinking of starting the June one as well when I finish this one. Please let me know what you think of it.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyL View Post
Workout C calls for 5 reps of KB Get Ups per side. Does that mean a total of 10 per exercise or 5 per set and than alternate leg? They are very time consuming when doing the 10 per set so I am not sure if I am doing too many.
Yes, if it calls for 5 per side, you would do 5 for both legs and that counts as one set. Hope this helps!

Mike
Old 06-04-2012, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitfieldTT View Post
Yes, if it calls for 5 per side, you would do 5 for both legs and that counts as one set. Hope this helps!

Mike
Excuse my blockheadedness but it is essentially 10 per set, correct? 5 on each side, so basically 30 total KB Get-ups in the 3 sets combined? It is a real time consumer so I keep thinking I am doing too many.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:29 PM

No worries - yes, that would be 10 total reps per set.