TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 12th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2011, 08:08 PM

Sounds a lot like my husband. We bought a box of 16 pumpkin poptarts - hadn't had poptarts in forever and this was a "limited edition". The kids were so excited. Anyway, when we bought them we "agreed" that they would be around for awhile so the kids could decorate them for Halloween and then later for Thanksgiving. I mean, a box of 16 poptarts should go far, right?

So we bought them on Saturday and opened a pack on Sunday; he had one poptart and I had one poptart. On Friday, I reached for a pack to take w/ me for the kids' movie night at school and there was ONE PACKAGE remaining. I had only one poptart from the box, the kids had none...and with 2 left...my husband had eaten 13 poptarts between Sunday and Thursday! I am still floored by this (this was last Friday I discovered it). I've told him he needs to adopt my "weekends only" approach to eating the sugary stuff and he needs to adopt my "no snacking after dinner" (with the occasional exception of a piece of fruit or a protein smoothie). Mind you, he is A LOT better than he used to be as he's hovering around 190 lbs now @ 6'2"; when he is "bad" often he sits closer to 200 lbs and at one point 10 years ago he was really bad and up to 220 lbs. So I know it's better, but we just can't have any junk around that he likes as it is too much of a temptation for him. So I'm left with only being able to keep peanut butter or coffee flavored chocolate or ice cream in the house on occasion when I want something as he despises those things...or I need to hide the stuff I occasionally pick up for the kids; otherwise, it will be gone so quickly that they never even get a bite!

This story probably doesn't help you any, but you're right...you definitely need a plan...or is the CB advice that you actually need 2 plans?

Old 11-05-2011, 11:15 AM

Hey Rob, You definitely need a plan. When it comes to high pleasure foods you've got to have a structure around them. It doesn't matter what they are. Even fruits and nuts can be foods that give some people a "Hit" and have to be managed.

I'm sure you know what these foods are for you, and if you want to get rid of floppy and nail your goals you can't treat them casually. They can stay on the menu if you decide beforehand when to eat them and in what amounts.

I don't think it's going too far to think about your eating plan in terms of fidelity. Decide what's on the menu, and then realize that by sticking with it you are literally being faithful to yourself and your aspirations. That's why they call giving in cheating. I like drama and imagery, so this may seem like a bit much, but when you stay within the boundaries you've set there's a feeling of comfort and balance around food that you give up when you eat out of bounds.

What's especially good news is that I find it only takes one full day of being faithful to your choices to bring that comfortable feeling back. Unless of course you're trying to cut your calories too hard and fast out of impatience, but that's another story.
Old 11-05-2011, 11:27 AM

Hey Rob, you are doing great there. Should be so proud of yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageboy9 View Post
Hey Rob, You definitely need a plan. When it comes to high pleasure foods you've got to have a structure around them. It doesn't matter what they are. Even fruits and nuts can be foods that give some people a "Hit" and have to be managed,,, What's especially good news is that I find it only takes one full day of being faithful to your choices to bring that comfortable feeling back. Unless of course you're trying to cut your calories too hard and fast out of impatience, but that's another story.
Ahhhh, Catherine, you sow your seeds of wisdom once again. As I was munching down on the almonds, prunes, etc, I was wondering, geez, am I having too much, even though it's all good? And even then what we think is good, is not necessarily good for us individually. In fact, Mum's coming over today for my b'day, and I've asked her to muscle test (kinesiology) all my foods on me and I'll either give or throw the rest out. Although I don't eat sugar or table salt or bake cakes etc. I still wonder if I should have sugar in my cupboards for guests if they want tea or coffee etc. What are your thoughts on that?

Loving Life, People, and our Amazing Creator.

My TT Blog/Thread - http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=7224
Old 11-05-2011, 01:33 PM

Nov/Dec Goals

FRIDAY:
No refined white or bro sugar
Portion plate/one serving
No a/d snack unless healthy
Eat slower

Budget cals @ 2247 - Dont even want to go there.

I will post more/replies, later. I have to work tonight, so I wont have that issue tonight.....just need to "watch" myself, when I get home at 1am "ish"...Hope everyone has a great and productive weekend..........
Old 11-06-2011, 11:46 AM

Nov/Dec Goals

SATURDAY:
No a/d snack unless healthy string cheese stick at work late last night.
Eat slower

Budget cals @ 2247 - 2187 + 60

Finally had a good all around day again. Like CB says....time to cut the losses and get back with the program. Thank You, Heather, Robbyn and Catherine for your input. It is always welcome as well as any constructive criticism!

I just need to get my head in sync with my stomach. I read an article in MH mag online, this morning and another great link to another article at the bottom of that one (The Road Less Sweetened)..........here it is, if anyone is interested........ http://news.menshealth.com/trick-you...ut/2011/11/06/ Thanks again for the suggestions.......if I could be as consistent with food as I am with the workouts, I would "have it made".....
Old 11-06-2011, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobB View Post
Nov/Dec Goals

SATURDAY:
No a/d snack unless healthy string cheese stick at work late last night.
Eat slower

Budget cals @ 2247 - 2187 + 60

Finally had a good all around day again. Like CB says....time to cut the losses and get back with the program. Thank You, Heather, Robbyn and Catherine for your input. It is always welcome as well as any constructive criticism!

I just need to get my head in sync with my stomach. I read an article in MH mag online, this morning and another great link to another article at the bottom of that one (The Road Less Sweetened)..........here it is, if anyone is interested........ http://news.menshealth.com/trick-you...ut/2011/11/06/ Thanks again for the suggestions.......if I could be as consistent with food as I am with the workouts, I would "have it made".....
Yay Rob - back on track!

I agree with your last statement - I need to work on my nutrition a bit. The past 2 weeks I've been a little more lenient than usual!

"Eating crappy food is not a reward - it's a punishment."
~Drew Carey
Old 11-06-2011, 11:42 PM

Nov/Dec Goals

SUNDAY:
No a/d snack unless healthy NONE
Eat slower - working on this / trying to be mindful while eating

Budget cals @ 2247 - (2175) + 72

Another good day, I can post now, rather than in the morning. It is "in the books". Now to keep it up and make a streak.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:53 PM

Hey Rob:

Great goals! You've been my inspiration for my "no sugar, no dessert" challenge. Thanks!!

Kerry
Old 11-08-2011, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerry View Post
Hey Rob:

Great goals! You've been my inspiration for my "no sugar, no dessert" challenge. Thanks!!

Kerry
Thanks kerry.......guess I better try to be a good role model, then...LOL........
Old 11-08-2011, 09:53 AM

Nov/Dec Goals

MONDAY:
No a/d snack unless healthy NONE
Eat slower - OK

Budget cals @ 2247 - (2365) -118

Overall, a good day. I had an extra helping of casserole
at dinner last night that put me over the limit a little bit. But overall, a good day.