TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 19th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2014, 02:22 PM
Administrator

Chuck,

You can't take these measurements too seriously.

These machines are notoriously inaccurate, particularly on a short-term basis.

They give a good idea of changes over the long-haul, but because they are hydration dependent, they can fluctuate a lot from week to week. Let's focus on 4-week results.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Ballantyne View Post
Chuck,

You can't take these measurements too seriously.

These machines are notoriously inaccurate, particularly on a short-term basis.

They give a good idea of changes over the long-haul, but because they are hydration dependent, they can fluctuate a lot from week to week. Let's focus on 4-week results.
Thanks Craig for your reply. I'm not too worried about the scale weight. If your referring to my body fat measuring device, then you may think I have a bioimpedance type of device. The device I have uses ultrasound technology. From what I understand is that it is not hydration dependent and are therefore more accurate. It is called the BodyMetrix Personal by IntelaMetrix. From all the reviews I had read about it it is a good device.

As mentioned in my last post, per this device I have dropped 4% body fat in the last 9 weeks. In that same time frame, I lost 1 inch around my belly and 0.5 inch around my waist. It seems like that it could be right since I can tell I am looking better/more defined everywhere except my belly, which is reducing but is being stubborn.

Thanks,
Chuck
Old 03-16-2014, 12:35 PM
Administrator

gotcha, thanks!
Old 04-05-2014, 09:33 PM

Well my 12 weeks is over. I finished up the 4th week of 2K14 Guru Fat Loss.

I have mixed feelings about my results. If you just look at the weight, I actually gained weight, but I did loose around my waist and belly and ultimately body fat %, which is really my goal. So, I think I did ok. I do notice a difference in the way I look, which is nice.

My starting measurements:
Weight: 196.8 lbs
Belly (around navel/love handle area): 40"
Waist: 36.5"
Body Fat %: 23.3% with the 3-site Jackson & Pollock method using a BodyMetrix Personal Ultrasound device.

My ending measurements:
Weight: 198.4 lbs (up 1.6 lbs)
Belly (around navel/love handle area): 39" (down 1")
Waist: 36.0" (down 0.5")
Body Fat %: 19.7% (down 3.6%)

So, based on my body fat % and scale weight, I think I lost about 6.7 lbs of fat but gained about 8.6 lbs of muscle. Which, I can tell I am stronger and a more defined.

I don't plan on submitting an official entry. I'm not sure if I will post in anymore contest forums or just post a Workout/Nutrition/Progress Journal in the Workout Journals forum.

Now I just need to know what I will be doing next. I may take a week off with just light exercise, but I'm not sure if I should do that or not.

Good luck to all the contestants,
Chuck Arbogast
Old 04-06-2014, 08:43 AM
Administrator

Enjoy your week off, dropping 3 inches from your waist is awesome. We'd love to see your before and afters. Stay strong!
Old 04-06-2014, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Ballantyne View Post
Enjoy your week off, dropping 3 inches from your waist is awesome. We'd love to see your before and afters. Stay strong!
Craig,
Thanks for the words of encouragement but I think you misread my post. I didn't loose 3 inches from my waist, but I did loose over 3% body fat.

I will be posting a Workout/Nutrition/Progress Journal in the Workout Journals forum soon. This will be where I will be posting my weekly progress.

I will be starting it this morning and would like you to take a look at it as I have a few questions about the programs to use next and my off week strategy.

Thanks to everyone who posted to my contest threads. I really appreciate it and your feedback.

Chuck
Old 04-06-2014, 11:14 AM
Administrator

I'm a dingbat, i was looking at your belly and waist measures, sorry! Great to hear you'll be keeping us up to date. It's an excellent habit to keep.