TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 9th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2010, 07:06 PM

Saturday Meatheads V Workout D

1A) DB Incline Press 6 reps (3-0-1) No rest.
Did decline instead because of shoulder. Did 85lbs 2nd and 3rd set with spot. I didn't realize I could go that high. Got stronger each set. Belief is a wonderful thing.
1B) DB Row 6 reps per side (2-0-1)
I think 30lbs?
Rest 1 minute and repeat 2 more times.

2) Burpee with Pullup Combo 10 reps
Evil things - did all 10 but only 2 sets
Rest 30 seconds and repeat 2 more times.

3A) DB Chest-Supported Row 12 reps (2-0-1)
2 sets 20lbs? I think that's right
No rest.
3B) 3/4 Dips 15 reps (2-0-1) No rest.
Rested my toes on the step for a slight self spot.
3C) Barbell Curls 10 reps (3-0-1)
20 lbs?
Rest 1 minute and repeat 2 more times.

Optional Interval Training: 5-minute warm-up. 24 second interval at 9/10 intensity level. 36 second recovery at 3/10 intensity level. Repeat 5 more times for a total of 6 intervals. 5-minute cool-down.

I did the reclining bike again. Nice leg burn. Really giving this a chance after John Romaniello's comment about it.
My TT#9 contest thread
Old 11-16-2010, 12:28 AM

Hi Naomi, So glad I read what you wrote concerning the dips. I can hardly bend my arms at all when I do them. (They're in TT Adrenaline.) I will try the toe touch! Bravo on the burpee pull up combos.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebestme View Post
LOL! I'm staying, I'm staying! And yeah, I wonder if they have cameras and all the staff are laughing. Or maybe someone caught it on a cell phone and posted to youtube by now. And did you see how simple the workaround is? Craig said to just do stationary lunges. Well, duh! But where's the fun in that?

Hi Naomi, I'm just catching up on everyone's threads so I'm a little late here, but hurray for you staying in!

When I used Meatheads V I did the 3/4 dips as bench dips because it seemed like someone was always hogging the dip machine.

"Eating crappy food is not a reward - it's a punishment."
~Drew Carey
Old 11-16-2010, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageboy9 View Post
Hi Naomi, So glad I read what you wrote concerning the dips. I can hardly bend my arms at all when I do them. (They're in TT Adrenaline.) I will try the toe touch! Bravo on the burpee pull up combos.
I love when I can comb thru peoples' workouts and find gems like this. Glad it was helpful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesium0122 View Post
Hi Naomi, I'm just catching up on everyone's threads so I'm a little late here, but hurray for you staying in!

When I used Meatheads V I did the 3/4 dips as bench dips because it seemed like someone was always hogging the dip machine.
Thanks! I'm glad too and now it's only 2 more weeks. I am doing the dips because Craig says bench dips are bad for your shoulders and I can't risk anything that might be bad for shoulders or anything, really.

So I am pretty sure this starts week 4 of Meatheads V. I have been only doing 3 weeks but I really love love love this workout and I feel like I am still improving with it so I'm sticking.

1A) Deadlift 8 reps (3-1-1) Rest 1 minute.
warmup 1 set at 45, 1 set at 65
3 sets at 90 - very challenging but good
1B) DB 1-Arm Shoulder Press with Palm Facing Head 8 reps per side
2 sets warmup with 10lb plate
3 sets with 25lb dumbbell and self spot with other hand to keep shoulder safe
(2-0-1) Rest 1 minute and repeat 2 more times.

2A) Barbell or DB Walking Lunges 12 reps per side (2-0-1) No rest.
Did forward and reverse lunges so as to avoid beheading people like last time, not that that wasn't fun or anything
3 sets at 90 lbs. VERY challenging but I am still marveling that there is zero knee pain and I'm sometimes able to go quite deep. I was just a tad wobbly on these at that weight so I didn't go all the way to the ground most of the time.
2B) Cross-Body Mountain Climber 12 reps per side (1-0-1) No rest.
I did the stability ball cross mountain climbers again. I gotta say, I got these! It wasn't all that long ago that these were like some kind of joke, or so I thought. But now, absolutely no problem. Well, it's not like I'm volunteering to crank out any more than 12, so I know I'm getting my money's worth and the combo of this after the lunges has me pouring sweat.
2C) Strap Triceps Extensions 10 reps (3-0-1) Rest 1 minute and
repeat 2 more times.
I didn't do a 3rd exercise at all. Couldn't do the prescribed one at all and am nowhere near anything handy over by the squat rack. And really, no need; the superset is awesome.

3A) Power Shrug 8 reps (1-0-X) No rest.
Did 40 lbs since that worked out last time. 3 sets.
3B) Cable Rear Deltoid Raise 10 reps (3-0-1) No rest.
Used 5 lb dumbbells since, as usual, both cable machines were tied up. I would have used the 3 lb dumbbells but all the women were over in that area hogging up anything under 5 lbs. Seriously. It was a madhouse of women in that corner. And 5 is actually still really hard for me. I did 8 reps, not 10. Really need work in this area but this is improvement.
3C) Calf Raise 12 reps (3-0-1) Rest 1 minute and repeat 2 more times.
Used the 40 and it was no problem. Grip strength is improving. I wonder if I will be able to use the 45s at some point. The 35s used to do me in. I really could use more weight for calf raises.

Did a little guitar practice here and there. I'm a total beginner so simply trying to play a chord is a major hand workout. I wonder if that will help my grip strength. I'll certainly be getting callouses on my left fingertips. It's lovely to just feel the music. I can't believe I've waited so long to do this, thinking that there was no sense plunking down the money for a guitar if I wasn't sure I'd practice. Having made gradual, positive changes in diet and fitness over the last 3 years, I feel so much more confident that things that I want will integrate. And what's great about guitar is once you get over the learning curve, the skills stay. I'm not looking to be a rock star. I just want to be able to sing and accompany myself and enjoy it, and also make music with my older daughter. She bought herself a ukelele on Friday and has not stopped. She is writing her own songs. I am so impressed.
My TT#9 contest thread
Old 11-16-2010, 09:41 PM

I forgot to mention that I worked out fasted tonight. It's a funny thing about fasting. If I do it regularly, it's fine and becomes no big deal. If I forget, it starts to loom large in my mind. This was like that; it was seeming like it was going to be a big deal. But I did the green tea thing. I made 4 cups and drank them over the course of the day. And I just honestly didn't feel hungry. My husband went into the workout not having eaten enough today (he works from home and I usually feed him whatever I'm eating because he just doesn't eat and then he gets grumpy but I don't bother on fast days) and it really threw him off. It was just far better to have gone in without any food at all. It should not surprise me that I was just as strong as last week. It's very cool.
My TT#9 contest thread
Old 11-16-2010, 10:34 PM

Default Pullup bar for doorway

I just ordered this. A friend had it and I tried it out. The pads are so much more comfy than the ones at the gym.
My TT#9 contest thread
Old 11-16-2010, 11:05 PM

Default 2 truths and a lie

Which is the lie?
1. I used to teach Spanish to middle school students.
2. I gave birth to my 2nd child at home in a kiddy pool filled with water.
3. I used to be an expert whitewater paddler.
My TT#9 contest thread
Old 11-17-2010, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Which is the lie?
1. I used to teach Spanish to middle school students.
2. I gave birth to my 2nd child at home in a kiddy pool filled with water.
3. I used to be an expert whitewater paddler.
Hmmmm....I'm going to guess #1 is the lie. Very tough choice.

~Drew Carey
Old 11-17-2010, 09:18 AM

Quote:
I just ordered this. A friend had it and I tried it out. The pads are so much more comfy than the ones at the gym.

I have a very similar one. I love love love mine!!!

~Drew Carey
Old 11-17-2010, 10:51 AM

That's so cool about the guitar - is it acoustic or electric? And a ukelele? Jings, you'll soon be a full blown musical family, like the Osmonds

Oh, and I think 2 is a lie.