TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 9th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2010, 09:53 PM

You are my hero you can do 3 sets of the hated and lived to post it here

I feel like I'm going to die i did 3 sets today

You are my hero!!!
Old 10-12-2010, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliux View Post
Resistance Evil is a great workout don't you think did Workout C with less sets and it was a killer

Next week I'll do the complete workouts I think that's going to bur

I'd like to see how you did with workout B
I think I did okay with workout B. EXCEPT those darned stability ball cross mountain climbers. I feel like I should be on Candid Camera or something. I am up from 0. I believe I was about to do 7 each side and only that by getting my entire shin on the ball. My first tries with this exercise, I just put my toe on the ball. Hopeless. Picture the ball flying all over the gym, me chasing it, rinse, repeat until I crawled away in shame. Anyway, I so obviously need these and things that target the lower core muscles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weetamclan View Post
Geez woman how much denim do you own now?! The first thing on my list when my gut gets zapped is a nice pair of jeans. Mine are all old and scabby. Look like a right scruffbag...
I love jeans like that! I own two pairs that fit. And another that is 2 sizes too big but stays on with a belt. It's a mystery but I went from a US 12 to a US 4 with a 13 pound drop. I am seriously confused how that's possible because I read a lot of transformation stories and I see people dropping a size or two, not 4 full sizes. I'm not complaining. Oh. I did just go buy 2 more pairs of jeans but I am going to keep the tags on and think about this long and hard. One pair does not actually close but I think that's partly because the button might be too large for the hole. And the other pair is skinny jeans. I am mostly a boot cut kind of girl, but if that is just so last year, I need to get my head around jeggings and skinny jeans. Maybe. Anyway, I do feel like I need to get myself up to at least 5-6 pairs of my very own by the time I return the gorgeous jeans my friend loaned me or I'll feel jean poor.

Quote:
You are my hero you can do 3 sets of the hated and lived to post it here

I feel like I'm going to die i did 3 sets today

You are my hero!!!
Aw, you are so sweet! Thank you for that! I love a long and hard workout! We did the full Trick & Treat workout and really got our money's worth!

So. Today, I went in for Physical Therapy and worked for an full hour. And he expects me to do all these exercises daily. I negotiated him down to 5x a week immediately, but still, craziness! I can't do all of it at home but I can do most with my bands. I am determined to get my shoulder healed so I will do as much as possible here, even attempting to do it every single day. But wow.

So I did Workout A again. I love those KB swings. I did not want to do the lunge with the barbell 1st time because it hurts my shoulder at the women's gym with no squat rack getting it over my head so I did dumbbells but that's dumb. It hurts too. Too squashy on the hands and shoulders. I did 25lbs and then a 50lb barbell but I am going to need to make an effort to do this workout at the main gym so I can go higher on the lunges. I used 25 for the rows or whatever they are called. I forget the rest of the workout but all went swimmingly and I stretched at the end. We have a machine that helps stretch your legs out and I am now getting to a full 120 degrees most days, after having been stuck at 100-110 for years. I am not sure why the sudden jump but I'll take it. I am overly flexible in some directions and nearly not at all in others so I need to work hard on the areas where I'm limited to help protect my core and back. And sure, shoulders, neck, knees, ankles, toes.

Diet is going fine. I am doing something I've spent a lot of time researching and I am not 100% sure it's working but signs would point to yes. I just need a body fat test done. It's not as easy to get that set up at my gym as it used to be.
My TT#9 contest thread
Old 10-13-2010, 12:04 AM

You made me laugh with your description of the mountain climbers
Old 10-13-2010, 12:16 AM

Quote:
You made me laugh with your description of the mountain climbers
Me too. It's really hard to look that foolish and keep a straight face. Total giggle-fest, which does not help with the core strength!
My TT#9 contest thread
Old 10-13-2010, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebestme View Post
I think I did okay with workout B. EXCEPT those darned stability ball cross mountain climbers. I feel like I should be on Candid Camera or something. I am up from 0. I believe I was about to do 7 each side and only that by getting my entire shin on the ball. My first tries with this exercise, I just put my toe on the ball. Hopeless. Picture the ball flying all over the gym, me chasing it, rinse, repeat until I crawled away in shame. Anyway, I so obviously need these and things that target the lower core muscles.
I saw that type of mountain climber in one of the workouts I was looking at - quite a challenge! I can just picture this - too funny!

Quote:
Anyway, I do feel like I need to get myself up to at least 5-6 pairs of my very own by the time I return the gorgeous jeans my friend loaned me or I'll feel jean poor.
I do feel jean poor these days - I think I have about 3 pairs? I got rid of a bunch of jeans over the summer that I decided I never wanted to wear again even if I could fit them. I could probably fit them now, but at least they're not lurking in my closet doing nothing more than taking up space!

Old 10-14-2010, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal1 View Post
I saw that type of mountain climber in one of the workouts I was looking at - quite a challenge! I can just picture this - too funny!

I do feel jean poor these days - I think I have about 3 pairs? I got rid of a bunch of jeans over the summer that I decided I never wanted to wear again even if I could fit them. I could probably fit them now, but at least they're not lurking in my closet doing nothing more than taking up space!
So glad I may not be the only one struggling with these darned things!
And I think there should be a whole support thread here about the clothing issues and cost of slimming down! Stuff I had saved was so out of style, it wasn't funny! Waist bands from the 80s, up to my armpits. I'm sure that is fixing to come back in style, but I have no intention of ever wearing that again. Low rise pants have been so freeing!

Okay, workout B again. And some notes on last week's version for Julio because it all came back to me this time.

Warmup - I went through once because it took me nearly 40 minutes to do my physical therapy and I figure that's gotta count for something. I just don't like being at the gym that long!

Day 3 – Workout B – “The Monster”
• Start with the general bodyweight warm-up circuit • Specific Warm-up Sets
• Do one set of 8 reps for squats, bench presses, and deadlifts with 75% of the weight that you will use during the workout.
I used a bar with nothing, so 45 lbs.
ADVANCED: You will load the barbell with your bodyweight (i.e. if you weigh 185 you'll use 185 for all of the exercises). If you can’t bench press your squat or bench press your bodyweight more than 12 times, then use LESS weight.
INTERMEDIATE: Use a weight that you can squat, bench, and deadlift for 15 reps (obviously this will be different for each exercise)
NOTE: In week one, do only ONE set for each exercise in circuit 1.

Last week, the instructions put me off doing the Advanced, so I did the Intermediate version. This time, I realized I could still do advanced even if I can't bench my bodyweight. So I should probably have done one set but I went for all 3.
1A) ***20-rep “Breathing squats” OR 1-Leg Bodyweight Bulgarian Split Squat – 20 reps (2-1-1) • Rest 1 minute.
This week: squats. 45 (20), 65 (20), 65 (15). Last week split squats.
1B) Bench Press – As many reps as possible (2-0-1) OR DB Chest Press – 15 reps (2-0-1) • Rest 1 minute
This week: 45 (15), 65 (15), 65 (12)
1C) Deadlifts – 20 reps (even if you have to do 12, rest, 6, rest, 2) or DB Squat – 20 reps (2-0-1) • Rest 2 minutes before the repeating the circuit 2 more times.
This week: 45 (20), 65 (20), 45 (20)
Man, pretty tired by this point!

2A) Chin-ups – 1 rep short of failure (2-0-1) • No rest.
70lb assist, 7 reps, 40lb assist, 6 reps, 40lb assist, 5 reps
2B) Pushups – 1 rep short of failure (2-0-1) • Rest 1 minute and repeat 2 more times for a total of 3 supersets.
7, 6 on knees - oops those actually hurt shoulder, 6 regular

• See how much you can improve your total reps in 4 weeks. Optional: Finish with 1-2 “Monster Ball Abs” circuits of:
3A) Hanging Knee Raises – 10 reps
"Okay, Braig, gonna hunt you down now." 10/10/no 3rd set, shoulder pain
3B) Stability Ball Plank – 30 second hold
30 seconds/20 + 5 + 5 seconds/no 3rd set
3C) Stability Ball X-Body Mountain Climber (feet on ball) - 15 reps/side
Are. You. Freaking. Kidding. Me. Alternate? Really? Okay, so here's me. Get one leg up on the ball. Other leg does this ridiculous thing. Toe touch in back and then knee up. It never goes up on the ball and there is no alternating.
7/ 5 + 5 + 5 (I was determined to hit 15)/ no 3rd set

Tomorrow night we drive to a gymnastics meet 3 hours away. My daughter's 1st away meet. The meet is Saturday morning. I am not sure if I will manage workout C Saturday or just do it on Sunday. We could be back by 3pm but with all that driving and rushing around, it might be nice to just relax at home for a bit.

The weather here is much dryer and starting to cool off. I am looking forward to hill sprints on a hill I've scoped out and doing stadiums again. I used to do them with a Monday group and they went a full hour. Now I know there is really no point to doing over 20 minutes so I might show up and meet them when they are nearing the end. It's nice to see the sunset from the top row.
My TT#9 contest thread
Old 10-14-2010, 07:50 PM

Hey Naomi, Good luck to your girls at their meet. I just had to mention that I couldn't do the SB mountain climbers either, scared me half to death when I tried them! I did regular MCs instead. I'll give it another try when they come up again on Thursday. I love the way TT can keep giving us the chance to master the impossible!
Old 10-14-2010, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageboy9 View Post
Hey Naomi, Good luck to your girls at their meet. I just had to mention that I couldn't do the SB mountain climbers either, scared me half to death when I tried them! I did regular MCs instead. I'll give it another try when they come up again on Thursday. I love the way TT can keep giving us the chance to master the impossible!
Thanks for that, Catherine. I really was so mortified when I couldn't do them and it does help to know others find them challenging.

I came back to post one more thing.

My shoulder.

I spoke to some experts about setting goals for this contest. Specifically, I asked Holly Rigsby and Isabel de los Rios because I'd met them both at that seminar in January and they were amazingly lovely about giving me advice. Both suggested I go for personal bests, so, stuff like more pullups (or one, I guess, for a start), more pushups, etc. I thought long and hard about this and I have come to the decision that it's more important for me to have muscles and be strong and healthy than it is to have a sixpack at the expense of my health. So, while it is something I will definitely reach, I am not that fussed about that being the goal of this particular contest.

But the rub is my shoulder is a limiting factor. I am not sure how much I can push the envelope on strength improvements with the shoulder bothering me like this.

So I guess it's down to lower body stuff then. And abs, of course, which I obviously need to work on if I can't alternate my SB X mt climbers. I will get those! And a 2 minute plank as well as a 2 minute sb plank. I will! But I will not risk my shoulder any further than I already did by neglecting it for so long.

I am not sure if I've lost upper body strength. Today was the 1st time I've done bench press since starting TT, so, for over 4 months. I was doing 85lbs at that point and 65 did feel light today but not by the 15th rep it didn't!

I sure wish there were a shortcut to healing my shoulder.

And on muscle building, I do feel like I am starting to hit one of my goals - I want my arm to look thinner above the bicep and below the shoulder - that look where it's obvious you're strong. I see it when I'm working out and have the pump and I have occasionally caught a glimpse but not all the time. So I do think there is some recomp happening there in a good way.

But mainly, now that the knee pain is gone, I think I need to focus those PBs on lower body stuff. I guess that will mean I need to make the effort to work out at the main gym where there is a squat rack and stop slacking off at the women's gym (been going there because I've been working out during my daughter's gymnastics class and it's nextdoor).
My TT#9 contest thread
Old 10-15-2010, 12:29 AM

The numbers in The Monster are pounds???

Those are some amazing numbersss!!
Old 10-15-2010, 02:46 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Thanks for that, Catherine. I really was so mortified when I couldn't do them and it does help to know others find them challenging.

I came back to post one more thing.

My shoulder.

I spoke to some experts about setting goals for this contest. Specifically, I asked Holly Rigsby and Isabel de los Rios because I'd met them both at that seminar in January and they were amazingly lovely about giving me advice. Both suggested I go for personal bests, so, stuff like more pullups (or one, I guess, for a start), more pushups, etc. I thought long and hard about this and I have come to the decision that it's more important for me to have muscles and be strong and healthy than it is to have a sixpack at the expense of my health. So, while it is something I will definitely reach, I am not that fussed about that being the goal of this particular contest.

But the rub is my shoulder is a limiting factor. I am not sure how much I can push the envelope on strength improvements with the shoulder bothering me like this.

So I guess it's down to lower body stuff then. And abs, of course, which I obviously need to work on if I can't alternate my SB X mt climbers. I will get those! And a 2 minute plank as well as a 2 minute sb plank. I will! But I will not risk my shoulder any further than I already did by neglecting it for so long.

I am not sure if I've lost upper body strength. Today was the 1st time I've done bench press since starting TT, so, for over 4 months. I was doing 85lbs at that point and 65 did feel light today but not by the 15th rep it didn't!

I sure wish there were a shortcut to healing my shoulder.

And on muscle building, I do feel like I am starting to hit one of my goals - I want my arm to look thinner above the bicep and below the shoulder - that look where it's obvious you're strong. I see it when I'm working out and have the pump and I have occasionally caught a glimpse but not all the time. So I do think there is some recomp happening there in a good way.

But mainly, now that the knee pain is gone, I think I need to focus those PBs on lower body stuff. I guess that will mean I need to make the effort to work out at the main gym where there is a squat rack and stop slacking off at the women's gym (been going there because I've been working out during my daughter's gymnastics class and it's nextdoor).
Hi Naomi

wow sounds like you are working out really hard, and even with a sore shoulder. I hope the physio is helping, but even so sounds like the shoulder pain is not too limiting for you, you are still having awesome workouts!

I would love to have some defintion in my arms, I think it looks great on a woman to have nice arms, unfortunately my are muscley but very big, I am hoping when I eventually lose some fat that will change (here's hoping

keep up the great work you are doing fantstic and hope the shoulder heals real soon cheers Katie