TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 9th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2010, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesium0122 View Post
Hmmmm....I'm going to guess #1 is the lie. Very tough choice.
Any other guesses before I give the answer? And yeah, it took me like 5 minutes of staring at the screen to come up with those!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesium0122 View Post
I have a very similar one. I love love love mine!!!
Cool! I didn't pay right! Yikes! I just used up my TT winnings! Yay me - there was only $9 left. Dug out an old gift card to attempt to pay for this necessity. I wish I'd seen it earlier. Although, the guitar was the last big purchase. That and underwear in my size. Forever 21 accessories store has the best deals. Ask me how I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weetamclan View Post
That's so cool about the guitar - is it acoustic or electric? And a ukelele? Jings, you'll soon be a full blown musical family, like the Osmonds

Oh, and I think 2 is a lie.
It's acoustic. My older daughter and I are musical. My husband and younger daughter are tone deaf and have no sense of rhythm whatsoever, poor things. I will at some point see if my younger daughter has any talent for percussion but I am not expecting much.

Not telling on the truth/lies just yet! Hee hee!

Tonight off to do Meatheads V B. I had some caffeine earlier today to inspire me to kick it hard because I've been slacking just a tad on this one for some reason and this is the last week of this.

I took measurements the other day and I'm pretty much same weight and all but I have not been dieting at all so this is a good thing.
My TT#9 contest thread
Old 11-18-2010, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebestme View Post
I just ordered this. A friend had it and I tried it out. The pads are so much more comfy than the ones at the gym.
Yup-you're going to want to hook the bands over the right and left sides before you put that up on the door frame. Then you can stretch them down and step on.

You can't out-train a bad diet.

To get something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done.

I've been at this a while-all last year in fact!

Contest #7 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=8167
Contest #8 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=8904
Contest #9 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=9480
Old 11-19-2010, 09:31 AM

DIDn't get to update but did workout B on Weds. Did declines instead of flat bench. No PBs and didn't sweat like I do with a lower body workout but still enjoying meatheads and the upper lower split. Intervals on reclining bike again. I'm learning to get a better workout there, watching rpm during sprints. I always stood up on the spin bikes so this is still new.

Thought about entering Tom venuto's 49 day contest but decided against it. Looking forward to my Jan contest and a break will be nice. So no free ipad for me.

Fasted yesterday. Still not monitoring calories but weight is right in the window of 147-151 so I'm happy about that. Not sure about body fat at all. Last two tests gave impossible results so someone was very wrong. No idea how that is possible. The thigh number was way low and then back up an impossible amount. I suppose the low reading was incorrect but both trainers were so careful. Did the machine you hold up the other day and it was 2% over pinch test which is as close as it has often been so I still think the pinch test is pretty accurate. Anyway, fasting is so much more natural and easy these days and I actually look forward to it. Weird! It sort of makes me sad because I don't think I'm over eating at all and yet even with 2 fasts, I'm maintaining. I had hoped the body fat test would show me great things but so far, inconclusive. I'm not giving up or anything. Still moving forward or treading water.
My TT#9 contest thread
Old 11-19-2010, 06:14 PM

I should really go to the gym, but I am skipping tonight, just don't feel like it. I know. Lame. It's my last week of Meatheads V. I'm going to just do workout C tomorrow and very likely skip workout D this time around, or perhaps, do a bodyweight workout on Sunday. With next week being Thanksgiving and my cousin being in town Weds-Fri, I will have to work out only 3x - so Mon, Tues and Sat next week.

I gotta get cracking on picking my next workout.
My TT#9 contest thread
Old 11-20-2010, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebestme View Post
Which is the lie?
1. I used to teach Spanish to middle school students.
2. I gave birth to my 2nd child at home in a kiddy pool filled with water.
3. I used to be an expert whitewater paddler.
Letting the cat outa the bag. #1 is not true. I know you were all hanging on there wondering.

I am so nervous! I have been checking the UPS jobs website daily. For about 20 years, I've wanted to do the holiday season as a driver's helper and this is the first time I'm actually applying for the job. I'm not sure how exactly we can swing this with one car and my girls needing to be shuttled around but my husband works from home and says he'll help. Or I guess I could always reconsider and take the 3am-9am shift but really, the whole point for me was to be out and about during the nicest part of the day for one of the best weather months we have here. Wish me luck! I have no idea how many women they get applying for this job but I imagine I can handle it. Well, okay, in point of fact an unwieldy 70lb package might get the better of me so I hope the heavy ones are not awkwardly shaped. I'm sure it'll be fine; just need to get it onto a dolly, right? I knew tricks as a 20 year old to stack and unstack kegs (graduated college to a dry job market so worked in a liquor store for a while).

Okay, off to do workout C. I am glad I skipped last night, was just feeling a tad "off".
My TT#9 contest thread
Old 11-23-2010, 06:05 PM

Hey long time without talking to you! my favorite meathead

I hope you are doing great! good luck with the application and with your workouts from here to the end of the contest!

cheers!
Old 11-23-2010, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliux View Post
Hey long time without talking to you! my favorite meathead

I hope you are doing great! good luck with the application and with your workouts from here to the end of the contest!

cheers!
Right back atcha! Are you close to the end of your 12 weeks? How's it going? I can't wait to see results and pix! By the way, your forum photo is so friendly. I always feel like I'm having coffee with a friend. I just finished up Meatheads V last week. I did all 4 weeks this time and was sad to say goodbye!

As of today, I really am out of this contest! Yup, with just a week to go, I'm officially quitting, for real this time. Why? Because I am just starting another contest and it says no other contest concurrent with it so I'll honor that and drop this one, where I didn't stand a chance, anyway. I just took my pix and they are lame. This other contest calls for front, side and back. You can hide a lot in that front view. These photos are seriously motivating!

I know I sound like a total contest junkie because I've already mentioned I'm doing one in January, but I can explain! The January one is something I knew about before TT and I've been waiting for them to launch for a long time. I always planned to do that one. And this one I joined today is not something I especially was going to do, except they offered me free entry because I've already bought the ebook and I am going to be doing the UPS driver helper job all through December, so I'm thinking I'll likely be getting slimmer and fitter anyway, so I might as well enter now. It's a short contest, just 7 weeks. I may not then be eligible to enter the January contest; I may have already achieved the end result there, but I still win all around.

I love TT and the huge variety of workouts. I'll be back, even though I will be gone for a few (or more) months. I love the other programs I've bought. All of them have been amazing purchases. I am not 100% sure what workout I will be doing for the next 7 weeks as it can be anything. The most likely candidate so far is Final Phase Fat Loss. I did about 3 weeks of that between contests here and loved it.

I am still thrilled to have been here. My goal is and has always been to get a sixpack. However, that never quite sat right with me for this particular period of time. After so long dieting (I was already dieting going into the last contest and had lost a lot of weight), I just hit a wall with that. And I could see my strength was simply not growing. It's been so wonderful to eat more. My weight and body fat are pretty much exactly what they were 15 weeks ago but I am so much stronger! It feels good.

My other goals were to heal my shoulder and to improve my posture. I've been to the PT and am working on the shoulder, which is steadily improving. All the core stuff in TT has really helped with the posture. At first, even 10 weeks ago, it was so hard to stand up straight and tall. I am finding it easier and easier. The back pain has diminished so much now I am standing taller. It's been something I have needed to work on all my life, but it had really gotten beyond me in the last decade. It feels amazing to be back! My FaceBook status this morning was about being grateful to be 10 years younger than I was 2 years ago.

I'm going to try to pop in here now and again but won't be posting as frequently for a while. I will come back fresh and strong and ready to try out so many more of the cool workouts. If anything amazing happens, I'll be sure and post back in my workout thread.

Oh! Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! It's my absolute favorite holiday and this will be the best one I've had in a while, thanks in no small part to Turbulence Training and all the amazing support I've gotten here.
My TT#9 contest thread
Old 11-23-2010, 08:44 PM

My god! you are quitting! Im thinking on doin the same didn't put that much effort on this contest,quitting or not I'm still going to post my after pics.

The important thing is that my siblings are continuing with the contest and they did great, maybe the next contest I'll put a little more effort specially in the nutritional aspect.

Good luck with your new contest! I bet you'll do great, keep us informed about your results, I read that you use facebook I'll try to find you, if that doesn't bother you

Godd luck!
Old 11-23-2010, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliux View Post
My god! you are quitting! Im thinking on doin the same didn't put that much effort on this contest,quitting or not I'm still going to post my after pics.

The important thing is that my siblings are continuing with the contest and they did great, maybe the next contest I'll put a little more effort specially in the nutritional aspect.

Good luck with your new contest! I bet you'll do great, keep us informed about your results, I read that you use facebook I'll try to find you, if that doesn't bother you

Godd luck!
Oh no! You're quitting? No way! C'mon, don't quit! At least submit an entry. I would have except for the no overlap thing. It's so important to finish what you start! (don't pay attention to me!)
My TT#9 contest thread
Old 11-23-2010, 09:06 PM

The entry is going to be made, but honestly I didn't make the things to win, again in the nutritional aspect, workouts were great, but nutrition was waay off, let's see what the after pic says, maybe the change is huge and I'm not noticing it