TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 6th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2009, 11:34 AM

Sunday 11 October 2009
Day 29 of 84

I have been mising in action from the list while on a three week vacation in France. It has been more of a struggle than I thought to get my exercise in. I think I have lost over 3 weeks in the transformation. Nutrition has gone out the window but I think I have limited the fat gain.

My problems are that I was stuck with only BW without a chin-up bar. I did the TT for ABS BW advance and it was challenging. Part of my issue was lack of energy to exercise. Days were spend walking around as a tourist and evenings staying up late drinking wine and eating the adult dinner. The kids already dined and in bed. BTW some of my walking around involved carrying my 19 kg Daughter L'lyn who is 3 1/2.

We just spent 5 days in Paris and all of the walking kept me from working out in my hotel room. I was too tired. My Daughter and I walked up to the first level of the Eiffel Tower which I thought was great especially for her.

We get home Monday and I have an all day seminar on Tuesday. Wednesday I will back into the gym doing a Meathead program (still to pick out). Back to Sparkpeople.com to track nutrition. I am going to scale back my objectives for this transformation and get my plan in place for the next almost 8 weeks.

So you will be seeing more of me here on the list as I get back at it.
Old 10-11-2009, 05:35 PM

Welcome back Andrew.

All that walking had to be good for you..........
You are so disciplined, you won't have any trouble catching up.........

Great vacation.......

Cheers
Ma
Old 11-10-2009, 08:20 PM

Getting back on here. I have been working out - more on that in a separate post. Here is what I did yesterday

Monday, November 9, 2009

Day 58 of 84
TT 8 Week Mass Training Program (2005) Phase 2
Workout 1

Incline DB Press 2 sets 10 reps @ 45
Underhand BB Row 2sets suppose to be 8 reps, 5 @ 110, 7 @ 110

Flat DB Press 5 @ 70, 8 @ 60
DB Row (suppose to be 12 reps), 5 @ 60, 12 @ 50

Push-ups 2 x 12
DB Rear-Delt Raise 12 @ 15, 12 @ 15
Stretching. Total time 35 1/2 minutes

Last edited by larmer : 11-10-2009 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Corrected day from 57 to 58
Old 11-10-2009, 08:40 PM

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

TT Muscle Gaining Phase 2
Work out 2
Day 59 of 84

I screwed up and forgot my workout sheet at home. So I called home and asked my wife to e-mail a summary of the work out to my Blackberry. The end result was that I was delayed in starting and made some mistakes. I also trained in the evening so I did not have as much energy as my usual morning workout.

A1) DB Squat (2x8) 4-0-1
I goofed and instead of doing squats I did split squats which I had been doing in Phase 1.
8 @ 70, left leg sore decided not to increase weight, , 10 @ 70 each side and the left leg was feeling okay.

B1) Split Squat with Back Foot Elevated 6 inches (2x8) 2-0-1 8 @ 50, 8 @ 50
Since I had just did split squats I took this a bit easy.
B2) DB Calf Raise (2x10) 2-0-1 10 @ 50, 10 @ 50

C1) Reverse Lunges (2x12) 2-0-1 12 @ 35, 12 @ 35
C2) Side Plank (2x6) 1-8-1 Did 30 second planks, 2 sets.
42 minutes with warm-up and stretching. Took a big longer due to delays getting an e-mail and the new routine.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:10 PM

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Work out 2
Day 59 of 84

Today was an off day for me so I will post something that I started a few days ago.

This transformation contest has been a challenge with much less success that TC #5. I have four weeks left and I am pressing ahead to build muscle. I have had some muscle gain success which I will post tomorrow.

My intention at the beginning of this program was to continue to build muscle and mass. Later I would strip off any fat put on during the growth phase.

Unfortunately between contests and in the first third of this contest I lost strength and gained body fat.

Coming off of TC #5 I was tired and it took a while to get back into the groove. The first part of TC #6 was dominated by a three-week vacation in France. Being a tourist on vacation is tiring and limited my exercise. We spent too many nights up late drinking wine with family. Still I got a lot of walking in including carrying my 18 kg three year old. I did a few TT Bodyweight work-outs in the garden. The local gym was expensive, poorly equipped and it did not open until 9 am so I did not join. My Daughter and I did walk up the stairs to the first level of the Eiffel Tower, 58 m. I did it no problem and my little girl never asked to be carried. I was impressed.

So I returned down on muscle, up a bit on fat but my flexibility was improved. I could just touch the floor in a yoga fold before I left and now I can get 80 % of my palm on the floor.

Back in Canada I got back to the gym using an old TT meathead program. I have used it for the past four weeks. The program had three routines and I found that frequency useful as I had catch-up to do at work and business trips. I only now realized that I should have been working out four times a week per the notes. Oh well live and learn.

Fortunately the program has gotten me back in the groove and helped get my strength back up. I am remembering to make improvements with each workout. So my strength and motivation is coming back.

I am now caught too on listening to Craig's podcasts on my iPod while I work-out.

Nutrition wise I have been just trying to stick to lots of natural foods and processed foods with few ingredients. Drinking alcohol socially is something I have not given up so that probably holds me back. Fortunately I rarely drink at home.

I have gotten back onto using creatine which may be one of the factors for my recent boost in the gym.

So for the next four weeks I will press ahead with the second phase of the program. I have not decided how tightly I am going to monitor my nutrition. Right now I am eating when I am hungry with lots of grains, fruits, vegetables, dairy and eggs. We will see.
Old 11-14-2009, 08:44 PM

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Work out 3
Day 63 of 84

Pull-ups 2 sets (8) 3 full pull-ups and then 5 singles focusing on the decline phase
DB Shoulder Press 2 sets 8 @ 45 – I did better last week so I must be tired.

Incline DB Triceps Extension 2 x 12 @ 22.5
Hammer Curls 8 @ 20, 8 @30 increase

Medicine Ball Chop 12 @ 3 kg, 12 @ 4 kg
Plank 1 x 60 seconds, ran out of time for second set and my stretching.

Last edited by larmer : 11-14-2009 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Correct day to 63 from 62
Old 12-12-2009, 02:19 PM

Darn I missed the entry deadline of last night at Midnight. Darn, darn, darn.

Still I will post my results (disappointing) and my before and after pictures (taken last weekend).

This is what happens when I don't pay attention to the forums or write down deadlines in my electronic calendar.

Still I learnt some things in this contest and that will make me do better in future contests.

TC # 7 here we come.
Old 12-12-2009, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larmer View Post
Darn I missed the entry deadline of last night at Midnight. Darn, darn, darn.

Still I will post my results (disappointing) and my before and after pictures (taken last weekend).

This is what happens when I don't pay attention to the forums or write down deadlines in my electronic calendar.

Still I learnt some things in this contest and that will make me do better in future contests.

TC # 7 here we come.
I made the same mistake and posted anyway - I just got my timings mixed up and I didn't realize when the actual deadline was. While I was never going to be a contender for any prizes, I still wanted to finish on time and post within the deadline. I'll be back for TC7 too so hope to see you there.