TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 26th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2016, 02:46 PM

I could not figure out why I kept dropping weight despite eating 4 meals a day and training hard. I ended up rereading some of Mike Mentzer's books. I ended giving his program a shot! I stuck to whole body exercises and rested 3-4-5 days between workouts. My body weight started to climb. I hit a wall but started to increase my food intake. It started climbing up again. I basically eliminated all to excess movements down to a few movements. People at the gym were wondering why I stopped going so frequently but they did not question the results. I know it is hard to buy in not to train 3-4 times a week. I sure did! He does have several valid reasons for minimizing training. My actual lean body mass has increased by 12 lbs while gaining approximately 1 lb of fat. My waist is 33 inches but it has measured 32.5 inches on several occasions. I think you could get back to your most muscular body weight since it is easier once you have been that big before.

Last edited by Gorilla-Strength : 05-07-2016 at 11:39 PM.
Old 05-07-2016, 03:43 PM
Administrator

Congrats!!!
Old 05-09-2016, 09:28 AM
Administrator

Today is a super duper busy day. I have four podcasts scheduled, including one at 7am local time.

Plus, I have five big team meetings, and then I have to plan, pack, and prepare for my week's trip to Las Vegas. It's Mastermind time with Mikey, Derek, Ferruggia, Bedros, Shawna, and the gang. It's going to be our biggest and best Mastermind party ever.

So I was up early and focused on a squat workout this morning. It was shorter than usual, but still awesome, and it went like this:

1a) Squat
1b) Box Jump

2a) Chest-Supported Row
2b) Back Extensions

Tomorrow I'll get in a bench press workout before heading to the airport, and I'll try to sneak in two Sin City workouts on Thursday and Friday.

Oh, and yesterday I recorded an amazing podcast with Brian Patrick Murphy from Mark Fisher's famous gym in New York City. They do some really wacky stuff there (at the gym). The podcast was high energy and we went deep. And I mean deep. Plus, the rapid fire round at the end was awesome. It will be out in a couple of weeks.

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tip:
Ask the big question: What do you really want to achieve in life? Then think, are the people I'm spending time with helping me achieve this?"The key is to keep company only with people who uplift you, whose presence calls forth your best." – Epictetus ... Become the person you need to be to achieve what you want to achieve.

Get going faster than ever,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT

PS - Some very cool podcasts coming soon!

Here's one...

https://paleomagonline.com/craig-bal...t-day-pmr-125/
Old 05-10-2016, 09:45 AM
Administrator

Another busy morning and quick workout in Denver.

It was Meathead Bench Press & Travel Day. Off to Vegas in a bit, but first, the workout:

1a) Bench Press - 185x5x5
1b) Band Pull

2a) Pullup
2b) DB Incline Press

That's it. Have to save my arms for the flight. LOL.

And now for something completely different.

This isn’t a sales copy tip.

It won’t help you with a product launch.

But it will change your life more than anything else I could do for you this week while I’m out of the office at our Info Mastermind meeting in Las Vegas.

This is a 7-Day Goodness Challenge.

Here’s how it goes…

A friend recently came to me for advice. His brother had been 'in a funk,' and needed something to lift his spirits. Together, we put decided on a 7-Day Goodness Challenge.

Each brother is holding the other accountable to take action on each of these goals. Please join them. Do one "goodness act" each day. Let me know how it changes your outlook on life.

1) Perform a random act of kindness... buying coffee for the person behind you at Starbucks, buy flowers for the office, etc.

2) Connect with an old friend... someone you haven't seen in 5 years

3) Make a career connection between two good people you know

4) Do 3 minutes of mid-day meditation

5) Volunteer to walk a friends dog

6) Mail a thank you card to someone

7) Make a donation to food bank

Gratitude is just one of many ways to ensure Perfect Days.

Listen to my most recent podcast with Sean Croxton where I talk about how to apply my Perfect Day Formula to be more productive — this is one of my best podcasts ever! Sean is an incredible interviewer, and if you ever want to start a podcast, study Sean!!!

You can’t reach your full potential if you are overweight, tired, and unhealthy. Remember that the pleasure of eating lasts for only a short while, but you inhabit your body 24 hours per day, 7 days per week for life. Add a new healthy habit each day replacing an old unhealthy habit. Everyday you will be tempted to fall back on old bad habits. Do everything you can to resist that. Aim for baby step improvements everyday.

Alright, now off to Vegas for an amazing weekend of Masterminding.

Stay tuned and I’ll try and sneak out a 6-figure secret for ya.

Talk soon,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT

PS - This is cool!

http://smallbusinessdrivers.com/83-t...your-mornings/
Old 05-11-2016, 09:56 AM
Administrator

Day 2 of 6 in Vegas. First full day, of course. I arrived early Tuesday afternoon, did some grocery shopping, and got holed up in my room for some work. Had a 30 minute walk in the sunshine so I wouldn't get rickets. This morning was my last hard workout of the week.

1a) RKC Plank
1b) Bodyweight Row
1c) DB Reverse Lunge

2a) Chins
2b) Ball Rollout
2c) Shrug
2d) Bodyweight Lunge

Good enough times.

Gym was packed today at 5:30am. Must be all the East Coast folks arriving for the week for a seminar, like me. Also lots of folks from UK/Europe, so it's mid-day for them, still.

I'm sure the gym gets quieter as the weekend arrives. I've certainly never seen a Vegas gym that busy, and I've been in many of them before 6am!

Today's Kickbutt Nutrition Tip:

Know your nutrition obstacles. Write them down, then identify at least TWO solutions for each obstacle. This will help you avoid nutrition breakdowns. Plan ahead. Do your shopping and cooking and meal prep on the weekends, so that during your busy week you have your meals ready…and you avoid vending-machine regret. You can do it. I believe in you!

Push on,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT

PS - Post your photos on FB of you with The Perfect Day Formula.

Chef Gui Alinat enjoying a Perfect Day just outside of Las Vegas...

2,167 people reached
Old 05-13-2016, 10:33 AM
Administrator

Great workout today.

It was powered by a big steak dinner last night. I had a not-super-impressive Kobe steak at Jean Georges in the Aria. It was REAL Kobe beef, too, from the Kobe prefecture in Japan.

But it wasn't the best waygu steak I've had.

I even sent the first one back. The 2nd one was slightly better, but still not worth it. I was very confused.

But we had an amazing time!

My dinner was steak, baked potato, spinach, and olive oil (for the potato). I also had a couple of Black Russians.

My dinner guests included Bedros Keuilian, Tyler Bramlett and his wife, the team from Fit Body Bootcamp, and best-selling author, Shawn Stevenson (author of Sleep Smarter => http://www.amazon.com/Sleep-Smarter-...=sleep+smarter).

I don't have any photos yet, but watch for them soon!

After dinner I went for a walk and then still was asleep before 10. I had a decent night's sleep and then hit the gym for this "bridge workout" to stay strong until I can get back to deadlifting on Monday morning.

1A) Pullups
1B) DB Chest Press
1C) BB Split Squat

2A) Dips
2B) Leg Curls
2C) Rows

Good times. Tonight we're taking 50 personal trainers out to dinner at Mastro's in the Crystal Shops. One of our favorite restaurants.

And yesterday we had a great lunch at a new restaurant in Aria. It's called Herringbone, and I had a kale salad and really great piece of salmon.

The night before that we went to a small sushi joint for sashimi and bok choy. It's a little place called The Grand Wok in MGM.

If it’s in your house, you’re going to eat it. Junk in the house = You and I eating the junk. Period. (And YES, that includes ME.) So get it out of the house. By the way, it is called “junk food” for a reason…because it belongs in the garbage. Don’t feel bad for tossing it…because it doesn’t belong in your body. Stay strong this weekend. You CAN do it. I believe in you!

Believe in yourself,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT

PS - A classic...

"To get something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done." – #truth

Watch for some funny photos soon!
Old 05-16-2016, 08:51 AM
Administrator

Today was Russia Day. Minus the steroids.

1A) Power Clean
1B) Mobility

2A) Deadlift
2B) Pushups

3A) BB Incline Press
3B) DB Walking Lunge

Great start to the week!

And then this clip of ol' CB on Russian TV.

(Go to 43:34 of this clip.)

http://www.ntv.ru/peredacha/NashPotr...50947/o390419/

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tip From Canadia, Not Russia:
We are not perfect, but we are capable of getting better. Never, ever give up on what is important to you. Never stop improving. Put in the effort to create new and improved habits. Take the time to prepare two solutions for every obstacle in your life. Hire a coach. Get accountability. Implement the structure you need to live a better life. Commit to these changes and follow them every day.

Push on,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT

PS - It's also Scott Rawcliffe day at TT!

From Scott...

Fit Pro Friends....
I'm going to be speaking at Craig Ballantyne's Turbulence Training Trainer's Summit in Denver this June, so I thought why not take care of the registration for lucky person!

To find out more about the summit go here: www.ttsummit.com and if you want to enter to win click the link below!

Win A Free Registration to The Turbulence Training Summit!
This June 3-4th in Denver, CO I'll be speaking at Craig Ballantyne's Turbulence Training Summit and I'm going to pay the registration for 1 lucky person! Click for more info.
Old 05-17-2016, 08:31 AM
Administrator

It's an off-day today. I didn't get a lot of sleep. Last night I was out later than normal (for a school night!) with Jeff and Isabel from BeyondDiet.com.

We had a beyond dinner date at The Kitchen in Denver. It's a great farm-to-table restaurant, but the portions are too dang small... especially to a guy just getting back from Vegas, LOL.

My upper back was sore today, so I skipped lifting and just did foam rolling. Tomorrow is my final workout from the first phase of my new program, and we'll soon re-test my bench press. Unfortunately my weight has not gone up. I need to push harder on eating, and I need to get more sleep.

However, I do have a little bit of training info for you. We cover a lot of workout stuff at the start of this podcast, surprisingly. You'll hear my training tips, my #1 mentor, and my anxiety story... all in this great listen here

=> https://rustylionacademy.com/rusty-l...ig-ballantyne/

On the nutrition side, here's a new greens supplement I'm enjoying...reminds me of my days as a kid when I loved chocolate mint ice cream. I thought I had outgrown that flavor, but this has got me back on the mint train!

=> http://www.amazon.com/Dynamic-Chocol.../dp/B00XLZQIJI

Today's Tip:
We can all get more done and achieve more. What motivation do you need? What consequences can you put in place to inspire action? Stop cheating. Start changing. Things can be different. It’s up to you.

GID Baby!

Get it done,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT

PS - This is awesome.

From the big man himself...

From the Joe Polish Podcast: http://ilovemarketing.com/biggest-bo...ter-diamandis/

Tony: I remember when I got a phone call from the Make a Wish Foundation saying a young man named Sean Stephenson is about to die and he wants to meet you. (Born with osteogenesis imperfecta, Stephenson stands three feet tall, has fragile bones, and must use a wheelchair). Sean came to a seminar and at the time they said you cant grab him. I said I want to take him across the fire. They said, take him across the fire? They said if he coughs, he breaks a rib. I said Ill be really gentle. Were going to do this and he did it. How many years ago was that?

Sean: Im 36. I was 19.

Tony: You were 19. Youre now 36. Hes a beautiful man. He could be complaining and whining and what does he do? His whole life is not about himself. Thats why hes so happy. He doesnt live in himself. He lives outside of himself serving things he loves. He still takes care of himself and hes funny. He's married now. The bottom line is this young man over here who now is at a different stage in life, I think he lived because he lived for more than himself. Yeah, Im sure he felt pain but we always suffer when we think about whats being done to us or what people are going to think or what they should have done or have done.

You cant control that stuff anyway. Why be upset? Are people going to be mean? Are people going to be unfair and unjust? Are people going to be beautiful or generous? You just never know when thats going to happen so might as well enjoy yourself along the way. And if theres any gift I can give you, its to tell you what you know already, that you get to decide you're going to live in a beautiful state.
Old 05-17-2016, 08:32 AM
Administrator

It's an off-day today. I didn't get a lot of sleep. Last night I was out later than normal (for a school night!) with Jeff and Isabel from BeyondDiet.com.

We had a beyond dinner date at The Kitchen in Denver. It's a great farm-to-table restaurant, but the portions are too dang small... especially to a guy just getting back from Vegas, LOL.

My upper back was sore today, so I skipped lifting and just did foam rolling. Tomorrow is my final workout from the first phase of my new program, and we'll soon re-test my bench press. Unfortunately my weight has not gone up. I need to push harder on eating, and I need to get more sleep.

However, I do have a little bit of training info for you. We cover a lot of workout stuff at the start of this podcast, surprisingly. You'll hear my training tips, my #1 mentor, and my anxiety story... all in this great listen here

=> https://rustylionacademy.com/rusty-l...ig-ballantyne/

On the nutrition side, here's a new greens supplement I'm enjoying...reminds me of my days as a kid when I loved chocolate mint ice cream. I thought I had outgrown that flavor, but this has got me back on the mint train!

=> http://www.amazon.com/Dynamic-Chocol.../dp/B00XLZQIJI

Today's Tip:
We can all get more done and achieve more. What motivation do you need? What consequences can you put in place to inspire action? Stop cheating. Start changing. Things can be different. It’s up to you.

GID Baby!

Get it done,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT

PS - This is awesome.

From the big man himself...

From the Joe Polish Podcast: http://ilovemarketing.com/biggest-bo...ter-diamandis/

Tony: I remember when I got a phone call from the Make a Wish Foundation saying a young man named Sean Stephenson is about to die and he wants to meet you. (Born with osteogenesis imperfecta, Stephenson stands three feet tall, has fragile bones, and must use a wheelchair). Sean came to a seminar and at the time they said you cant grab him. I said I want to take him across the fire. They said, take him across the fire? They said if he coughs, he breaks a rib. I said Ill be really gentle. Were going to do this and he did it. How many years ago was that?

Sean: Im 36. I was 19.

Tony: You were 19. Youre now 36. Hes a beautiful man. He could be complaining and whining and what does he do? His whole life is not about himself. Thats why hes so happy. He doesnt live in himself. He lives outside of himself serving things he loves. He still takes care of himself and hes funny. He's married now. The bottom line is this young man over here who now is at a different stage in life, I think he lived because he lived for more than himself. Yeah, Im sure he felt pain but we always suffer when we think about whats being done to us or what people are going to think or what they should have done or have done.

You cant control that stuff anyway. Why be upset? Are people going to be mean? Are people going to be unfair and unjust? Are people going to be beautiful or generous? You just never know when thats going to happen so might as well enjoy yourself along the way. And if theres any gift I can give you, its to tell you what you know already, that you get to decide you're going to live in a beautiful state.
Old 05-18-2016, 12:00 PM
Administrator

Today you’re in for a treat. It’s a short, burst workout created by me and my ‘evil twin brother’ John “Roman” Romaniello. The workout is below, but first, a couple of funny photos. We do look like twins, don’t we? Just like DeVito and Arnold, haha.

Twins! And here we are at a trainer seminar last month.

If you don’t know Roman, he’s a New York Times bestselling author, a famous NYC trainer (who now lives in LA where he trains record producers, rock bands, and movie stars), and most important for you and I, he’s a stubborn fat loss expert.

For the last 7 years, ever since I’ve known him, Roman has specialized in helping you lose the last 5 to 25 pounds of fat. This is PERFECT TIMING for all of us, because we are just 10 days away from Memorial Day (here in America, as I’m in Denver today and Austin next week for PaleoFX) and just a few weeks from the official start of summer. And besides, there’s never a good time to be holding on to stubborn fat.

Roman knows how to help you overcome the most stubborn love handles, cellulite on your thighs, or flabby fat on the back of your arms. So if you have a big day coming up this summer (like a son or daughter’s wedding, a graduation, or even your own Big Day), don’t worry. We have you covered … and we’ll start with today’s…

5-Minute Stubborn Fat Fix

1A) *Switch Lunges (weak side) – **AMRAP in 45 seconds - Rest 15 seconds
1B) Switch Lunges (strong side) – AMRAP in 45 seconds - Rest 15 seconds
1C) ***Perfect Pushups – 45 seconds - Rest 15 seconds
1D) Burpees or Total Body Extensions – 45 seconds - Rest 15 seconds
1E) Kettlebell Swings or Goblet Squats – 45 seconds - Rest 15 seconds

That’s a 5-Minute Stubborn Fat Fix to add to the end of your regular TT workout, OR you can do this circuit up to 4 times. Add an extra minute of rest at the end of the 2nd and 3rd circuits.

*Switch Lunges => Lunge forward with your “weak” leg. Return to start position. Then step backward with your strong leg. Return to the start position.

**AMRAP => As Many Reps As Possible

***Perfect Pushups => Lower in one second, pause for one second at bottom, push up in one second, and pause at top for one second.

This will turn your fat loss “up to an 11”.

But wait, there's more. I had an awesome workout in Denver today.

1a) Military Press
1b) Front Squat

2a) More Military Press
2b) Pull-up with Knee-up

35 minute session and then off to work to do multiple podcast interviews and coaching sessions.

Good times.

Busy day.

This morning's kickbutt mindset tip:
I know you’re going through a lot right now, but I wanted to let you know you’re doing awesome. It's amazing what you have accomplished in the last 12 months. So just imagine...where you are going to be in 3 years... 5 years... and 10 years from now... because of all the hard work and right decisions you are making today. We often (and I'm guilty of this too) get focused on the short term, but remember, we're here for a good time - and a long time. So keep focused on your long-term vision... for business, for family, and for life. Make time for what matters, take control of your days, and you'll own that life of your dreams.

Alright? Save this message for whenever you need it. Stay strong - the world needs you now more than ever.

Proud of you!

Keep going,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT