TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 8th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2010, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageboy9 View Post

By the time I'm done eating all this, I am alone at the table, my son has cleared the dishes and my husband is washing them. We're going to a Thai restaurant tomorrow for DH's birthday, and we had the menu out so that we could choose our dishes beforehand. It strikes me how incredibly lucky I am to have a family that is behind me 100% on this. Sometimes I worry that I'm getting way too self absorbed on my quest for fulfillment. I'll just have to remind them to let me know if it gets out of hand.
You are very blessed to have your family 100% behind you on this!!! My husband is not against me doing this… but he wants me to make sure there is something sweet around for evenings ect. He doesnt mind me a little heavier either- BUT he is noticing the changes in my body even before I do. I worry about getting self absorbed too -but most of my friends and family would not care if I was 250lbs, obesity is very normal where I live... so I feel like I need to be a little self absorbed concerning this!!! Am I wrong?

"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride- and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high- but so are the rewards." ~ PAUL "BEAR" BRYANT

My Fitday Journal
Old 05-31-2010, 11:34 AM

You ladies are amazing, it takes a woman to get to the heart of it.
We all want to look good on the outside, for many reasons, for the husband, the family, the job, you name it, but the vital thing is you need to do it for YOU, because YOU need it, no one else.
When you are doing something for yourself, I cannot see how you can fail, you ladies are proof of that.
And it is great that you have the family support.
Go for it.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Schroeder View Post
You ladies are amazing, it takes a woman to get to the heart of it.
We all want to look good on the outside, for many reasons, for the husband, the family, the job, you name it, but the vital thing is you need to do it for YOU, because YOU need it, no one else.
When you are doing something for yourself, I cannot see how you can fail, you ladies are proof of that.
And it is great that you have the family support.
Go for it.
Stan you are a renaissance man, bravo. I always like to point out that the renaissance came after the middle ages. Quick update, calories 1,618- not bad for eating out. "Dance With Lisa" cardio core DVD today for off- activity. Can't wait to do 2K8 workout A tomorrow. Oh gosh, It will have been a week so I have a date with the scale. Can Catherine average around 1600 cals. a day and lose weight? Tune in tomorrow.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:25 AM

Did I lose any weight last week? No, I gained two pounds, but my 29 year old jeans still fit, so I'm not going to freak out about it. I did TT 2K8 A today, and I can see more muscle in the mirror so I'll stick with my eating plan. Finding out how much I can eat and still reach my goals is one of the main points of this challenge, so it's all information. I am getting in more than 8 glasses of water a day, so that's not an issue. I trimmed a little fat today to get in under 1600, and I'll just have to see what happens next Tuesday. I was able to increase weight on almost all of my sets today, and I ran faster intervals, so I'm confident that the benefits are there in my body, not on the scale for now.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:07 AM

Good for you Catherine! That is exactly the right attitude to take.

The scale is often not an accurate gauge of how well we are doing -and it is wise that you know what you are doing so you can look past it and know you are successful without its confirmation!

Whoop Whoop on the muscle & strength gains!!!!

"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride- and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high- but so are the rewards." ~ PAUL "BEAR" BRYANT

My Fitday Journal
Old 06-02-2010, 11:05 PM

Catherine,
I just wanted to stop by and say thanks for your welcome and encouragement. I'm excited about this contest.
"So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." 1 Corinthians 10:31

3rd Place TC8 5-week mini contest!
1st Place TC8 12-week contest Under 40 Division!
Old 06-03-2010, 01:44 AM

Good Day! I trimmed some fat from my food plan today. Still eating the same amount of items but making different choices like chicken breast instead of beef. Calories at 1,350 for the day. Life got in the way of my yoga class so I did some gardening and Tippy the dog got an extra walk. How can the days be getting longer and faster at the same time? Life is a paradox. Here's Dinner
4 oz chicken breast
7oz salad greens w/ low cal sugar free dressing
3oz cooked mushrooms
4oz microwaved spinach w/ 1/2 C salsa
1C mixed vegetables
I can't believe it's not butter spray
Pam organic olive oil spray
1 slice ezekiel raisin bread w/cinnamon
1t reduced fat cream cheese
Still feeling very comfortable and satisfied two and a half hours after dinner
Busy day tomorrow- TT2K8 workout B scheduled for 9:30AM
Old 06-03-2010, 04:18 AM

Hi Catherine, just poping in to see how things are going, sounds like you are a lady on a mission, good for you, go for it, congrats on the muscle gain, sounds like things are going in the right direction, can't wait to see the "after" pics, sounds like you are going to be right up there.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:19 AM

What a pleasant surprise it was to see your name in the TC8 forum! It's wonderful to have you back again and I've just finished reading your posts. There was something famailiar and comforting about reading your entries and you were always so good at expressing your thoughts and goals.

You seem to be well on your way to another successful finish - I can relate to what you were saying about feeling satisfied while eating "healthy" food as I am experiencing that the moment too and it's just so encouraging and empowering.

It's great to catch up with you again Catherine and best of luck to you.