TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 12th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2011, 11:36 PM

Default Rob's 12 weeks

I decided to take on another round of the Transformation Contest. During my first entry, I lost 23 pounds and ended my 12 weeks on my 35th birthday in the spring. It was a great experience, and I have had a number of people ask me how I managed to get my weight down. Of course, I was quick to tell them about Turbulence Training and how well it worked for me.

Over the course of the summer, I allowed myself to slow down my activity and thought that I had built up enough metabolism to eat whatever I wanted to, whenever I wanted to. Overconfidence allowed me to gain back about 10 of the 23 pounds that I had lost. But thankfully, after the loss, I had gone and bought some new, smaller pants, and I had donated some of my bigger pants. I was determined not to lose the gains that I had made.

My friend Mel from church approached me about trying to get his weight down, and I told him that we should both enter the next round of the transformation contest. I had never done the original Turbulence Training workout, so I thought that he and I should both go through that program, beginning with 4 weeks of the intermediate workout; and, at the midway point we had completed 2 weeks of the advanced workout. We agreed to check in with each other on our eating and our workouts. We started an accountability message stream on Facebook, and when we didn’t log into that, we would send text updates. Craig always stressed the importance of support, and having a good friend involved helped keep me motivated. Since I had done so well before, I was determined to set a good example here. And seeing his progress pushes me even harder. I was glad to see him make it to the finish line.

During this first 6 weeks, I returned to a cleaner eating profile. Eat Stop Eat had worked well for me the first time, so I added it in during 2 of the 6 weeks. My primary concern in the first half was making better choices on a consistent basis and keeping my activity levels where they were supposed to be. I also completed the Intermediate and ½ of the Advanced rounds of the Original Turbulence Training.

During the second 6 weeks, I was more restrictive in my eating. I finished the Advanced round of the original Turbulence Training, and then I undertook the Bodyweight Cardio 400. I knew that Thanksgiving was in the last 2 weeks of my 12-week combo, so I had to balance it out with a tough eating regimen. I decided to step up to Joel Marion’s Xtreme Fat Loss Diet, with the plan of having Thanksgiving fall on a cheat day. Glad to see that I was able to make good progress.

Now I’m back to a weight that I’ve only seen once since those first years out of college. My pants are all loose. My belt is pulled up to the last hole, and it’s time to go get some smaller jeans and dress pants so I don’t look like I’m trying to sag like the younger folks. I’m excited to be in this position heading into holiday season and the New Year. I’m so excited about the progress in 2011 that I’ve decided to pursue another interest and go enroll in a class to learn Thai boxing for fun. Finishing the contest and accomplishing that goal only gives me more motivation to set new goals and accomplish them, too! Bring on 2012 and new challenges!

At the beginning of the contest, my stats were:
Weight: 186 lbs
Belly (Navel): 36”
Thigh: 24 ½ “

At the end of 12 weeks, my stats were:
Weight: 168 lbs
Belly (Navel): 32”
Thigh: 22“

I used the following programs:
Weeks 1-4: Turbulence Training Original (Intermediate)
Weeks 5-8: Turbulence Training Original (Advanced)
Weeks 9-12: Turbulence Training Bodyweight Cardio 4-Hundred

I used Brad Pilon’s Eat Stop Eat during the first 6 weeks and Joel Marion’s Xtreme Fat Loss Diet during the last 4 weeks.

Below are my Before pics, and I'll post another reply with the after shots.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1466.JPG (42.4 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1467.JPG (34.6 KB, 27 views)
Old 12-05-2011, 11:39 PM

Default Rob's 12 weeks - After Pics

And here are the after pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1497.JPG (43.6 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1500.JPG (41.8 KB, 26 views)
Old 12-05-2011, 11:44 PM

Default Rob's 12 weeks - After Pics 2

Scale shot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1492.JPG (48.8 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1501.JPG (42.3 KB, 28 views)
Old 12-07-2011, 12:41 PM

"You dont know what you got, till its gone"
This song has been a highlight in my head for some time now. I have been taking for granted all the physical efforts that my body has allowed me for a very long time. It wasn't anything for me to jump out of bed, go for a 6 mile run, and lift weights in the evening. On days when I felt like I was too tired, or, "just not in the mood," I would skip out on these events, not knowing what it would be like, if one morning I woke up, and my body wouldn't allow me to do them anymore.

Well, This happened to me last year. In May 2010. I woke up, got ready to workout and my balance was off. I thought it was just a fluke thing.. inner ear issue... Maybe I ate the wrong thing yesterday or maybe it was the glass of wine I had the night before? SO, I continued to get ready, went to the gym and I kept falling over while I was getting ready to do my Reverse lunges. I was dizzy, and very weak as I was dropping my weights on the floor. Then the following day the same thing. This time I went to run and my left leg was numb. I couldn't feel my foot, my coordination was gone and I was still dizzy. These problems persisted over the remaining month. Then it just went away. I was finally able to run and lift again. Then it hit me again about 1 month later. This time much worse, and it lasted a lot longer, in fact, it has lasted until 2 months ago. I could barely walk from my car to my department at work with out having to stop to let my legs rest. Finally, In January of 2011, I went to the doctor and I got diagnosed with MS. It was a long road, and I have battled with my body everyday. I was so sad, as it was a grievance knowing that I had to say good bye to the things in life that I could do best.

I was on several medications until I found one that worked best for me. I had to get IV infusions of steroids for a week at a time. Painful injections that felt like I was getting stung by a wasp every night. These medications caused me to actually feel more sick, and not to mention gain 12lbs in one month. I was so tired of feeling "broken". I would still go workout during the week, and do what I could do, which wasn't very much. It wasn't at all compared to what I was doing before, but at least it was something.. something that I could still kind of do that would make me happy and feel somewhat normal.

Finally I found a medication that works! It is in pill form and in one month all my symptoms have been resolved! I cant believe it! I can run again! So, I was thinking about what I could do that would challenge me again. So, I was surfing the web for workouts and programs that I could do that would burn fat, and help me lose this unwanted weight that I have gained. I found Craig Ballenynes Turbulence Training and I thought it was such a wonderful program! I bought it right away, took my starting pictures, and started the next day. I have been already getting the results that I have been wanting for so long with in the first month. I started out at 154lbs, and within one month I was down to 149! Then the 12th contest was going to start.. so I remeasured and started the contest. I will never again take for granted what I can do. Everyday is a gift, and I have learned to cherish every second of it, good or bad!

Toward the middle of the Challenge I had a small relapse. My legs yet again was taken away from me.. Although I Couldn't run, I was still able to do a lot of the metabolic work that Craig Ballentyne has created. Thankfully for those workouts I was still able to burn fat and keep going.

So, here I go. Against the odds. I am going to fight back and give myself a second chance of being what I know I can be! I am not going to sit back and watch my body debilitate. This is it.. and it could be my last shot to do something that will make me proud.

I just want to thank Craig Ballentyne for making all these workouts and for making things possible for me. I would also like to thank all my new friends that I met on TTmembers discussion board, for all their support, inspiration and motivation.

The workouts I did during this program are:
1. TT 30 day fat loss
2. Buff Dudes Hot Gals
3. Metabolic finishers program

The diet I followed was Carbohydrate Cycling.

Starting Stats:
Start Finish
Height 5'7"
Weight 149.2(154 1 month prior)144.2
Neck: 13" same
Chest at bust: 35" ------ 34.5
Below chest: 29.5" ------ 28.5
Natural waist: 27 ------ 25
Navel: 29.5 ------ 28
Hips: 35 3/4 ------ 35
Thigh: 22 1/4 ------- 21
Calf: 13.5" -------- 13
File Type: jpg TTstart006-1.jpg (64.9 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg tt front finish.jpg (8.8 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg TTstart007.jpg (59.2 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg TT finish side.jpg (9.9 KB, 61 views)

My 12th TT Contest
Here My Beachbody website
My Journal

Last edited by fitgirl123 : 12-08-2011 at 08:21 AM.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:42 PM

Here are more to follow
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TTstart008.jpg (66.4 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg back.jpg (9.1 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg back 2.jpg (10.3 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg 015.jpg (59.6 KB, 69 views)

My 12th TT Contest
Here My Beachbody website
My Journal

Last edited by fitgirl123 : 12-07-2011 at 12:57 PM.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:12 PM

Default Back to me...

This is my third TT transformation contest and I feel like I've come full cycle. Just before I dived into the whole TT thing, I was at a point where I'd just completed this intense diet that helped me waste 13lbs of fat leaving me at 145lbs. I'd completed a diet a couple of years prior and ended up at the same 145lbs, but slowly re gained it over the two years. The thing is now, I lost it, but how do I ensure I will not re gain it again and better still, burst through that plateau to lose even more. Well, the universe has a way that puts you exactly where you are meant to be.

So, I started this contest at 136.4 lbs and can say I've found my way back to me. Now I want to just keep pushing myself to the next level.

Workouts....

I started with Big 6. It was a good one to snap me back into workouts after a busy summer. I decided to try an Ab workout next so did TT for Abs 2011. I'd forgotten what stomach muscles felt like after having a C section. I loved it so much I chose TT for Abs (2007) afterwards and really loved this one too. My fitness level has definitely improved but it's only the tip of the ice burg.

Nutrition...

After finishing the intense diet that helped me lose 13lbs I was left feeling..so what am I supposed to do now.? Well, I don't want to be on a diet. I just want to eat. In order to do this I would need to learn how to make a daily routine of not over eating and to make the best choices. I have to say that being a part of the contests have helped so much with nutrition matters. I learn so much from everyone with all the tips and links. This has also been quite a radical transformation for me. It's one thing to eat right but it's another to really love eating right. Since I'm the cook around here, the whole family also benefits.

Stats...
Age- 38
Height- 5'.1" (1.55m)
Body Weight: 136.4lbs ---- 132.9lbs

Hips: 37"---- 36.6"

Thigh: 19.5"-----18.9"

Waist: 29.9"----28"

Chest: 35"----33.9"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg before.jpg (39.6 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg After.jpg (38.6 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg before paper.jpg (60.7 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg After paper.jpg (69.3 KB, 34 views)
Old 12-07-2011, 08:36 PM

Smile Came up with a handful of star dust...

Mantra: I am transforming my life for my wife and kids. I am transforming my life for me. This transformation is being controlled by me.

My transformation into an overweight, lazy, drinking too much, eating too much guy happened because I did not control and take ownership of the decisions I was making.
If I ordered food at the drive thru of yet another fast food restaurant it was because I was too so busy I had no choice or if I was grabbing our kids a snack well I better get some food because if I don’t when would I be able to eat again. If I decided to have a drink or two it was because I was stressed and needed to relax or maybe to celebrate a moment. If I rested, it was because I worked so hard earlier or I just needed a break. Truth be told: that is all BS. I chose to pull into the drive thru and convinced myself that the crap I was ordering was going to make me happy or the drink I was tipping back was the one that would wash away my stresses.

Long story short, I never seemed to get happier and I never felt rested. I just felt more and more out of control. So while grasping at the fraying rope, that was becoming my life. I found myself searching for the times I was happy and had energy. All of those times seemed to coincide with one common theme. I was in better shape and making decisions that did not just feel good but were good. I would stretch myself and strive for things instead of taking what was easiest to reach. So I began a couch to 5K plan. In short order I was dealing with pain from plantar fasciitis. Eventually I had to admit I had gained too much weight and needed to drops some pounds in order to run pain free. Well after a number of all-night infomercials I gave in to trying P90X. After all who can't give an hour a day to improve their health/life? Well it turns out I can't.

So I quit that plan twice. And regained all the weight I lost plus some. One late night while surfing the web I found a YouTube video comparing the efficiency of Turbulence Training to that of P90X. I was skeptical to say the least. After that I researched Turbulence Training’s programs for several months. I could not find anything negative. So I went ahead and purchased Craig’s TT for fat loss Manual. I then learned about his Transformation contest(bonus motivator). Then I steeled myself for what was to come and in I went. I felt like if this did not work for me I might not be able to get back to being me(optimistic, striving, happy).

On 9/15/2011 I embarked onto the challenge of getting back to me.

As I started this challenge I was the heaviest I had ever been 226.2 pounds. I started with Craig’s nutrition guidelines and as I progressed through the system I became more and more regimented. In week 3, I started with some Eat stop Eat and finished the final 4 weeks with Craig and Joel’s new 24/7 Fat loss nutrition plan. As for workouts I dug into the TT for fat loss manual and began with introductory workouts. I defiantly broke a sweat and then some. The workouts were not too hard, but hard enough to let me know I did something good for me. In week two I moved to the beginner workouts. In the second week of beginner workouts I wanted more challenge so I added some reps and a third set to the super sets. Oh yeah that did it. It's nice that Craig in all his work outs empowers you to be flexible to fit your level of fitness. I continued to follow the order set forth in the Original TT for Fat loss manual until I completed the Intermediate level work outs. With four weeks remaining in the Transformation 12 Challenge I moved to the new 24/7 Fat Loss workouts. Fantastic is about all I can say.

Now for the best part of all. The results: 48 pounds thrown away(for good). I have an abundance of energy and desire to get things done. The drive and focus I have brought to this challenge are filtering into all aspects of my life. I am already seeing vast improvements to my quality of life. Most of my aches and pains are gone, playing with the kids is more of a joy and I am enjoying my work again. My wife and I are also getting along much better. She even said “feels like she is with a younger man all of the sudden.”

Statistics:
9/15/11 10/15/11 10/26/11 12/07/11 (Change)
Weight 226.2 LBS 202.6 LBS 198.2 LBS 178.2 LBS (-48 LBS)
Neck ----------------- 15 1/2"” 15 ½” 14 ¾” (-3/4)
Chest ----------------- 44 ½” 43 ¾” 42 ½” (-2”)
Naval ----------------- 39 3/8” 38 ¾” 34 7/8” (5 ½”)
Love Handle-------------- 41 1/8” 40 1/8” 35 ¼” (-5 7/8”)
Waist ----------------- 39 3/8” 38 ¾” 35 ½” (-3 ¼”)

Thanks for the opportunity,
James Cheyne
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Before Pic Front.jpg (34.1 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg After front 12.7.11.jpg (32.0 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg Before Pic Side.jpg (37.1 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg Final side.jpg (42.4 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg Final 45 Deg.jpg (32.8 KB, 56 views)
Old 12-08-2011, 12:23 AM

After a couple months of reading Craig’s blog posts on menshealth.com, I decided to purchase the programs and give the transformation contest a shot. Before Turbulence Training, I worked out up to 5 times a week but my workouts lacked structure and I wasn’t getting the results I wanted. Sure I wanted to get lean, but more important to me was building functional muscle mass. Fortunately, TT workouts are the recipe for just that; also it’s been a long term goal of mine to play for a baseball team and knew that this program would help me in my pursuit.

I started in the original TT fat loss manual with the intermediate program. After that I went in order in the book, Original TT for weeks 5 – 8 and TT2k3 for weeks 9 – 12. I loved these workouts. They were tough but it didn’t take me long to embrace the challenge. I’d look forward to waking up early and hitting the gym to push myself, in fact I still feel that way before every workout. My main goals were to stick with the programs and finish the contest, get stronger and drop some body fat. You’re reading this now so needless to say I met my first goal. When I started the contest I could barely do one pull-up and now I can crank out 4 or 5 of them, so as far as strength goes I definitely improved. I’ve also noticed in baseball that I’m quicker, more agile, can throw harder, and gaining power in my swing. Overall my endurance improved and the extra energy is more than welcome. When it comes to fat loss, I ended up losing 9.5 pounds over the course of the contest, which I’m pretty stoked about.

I didn’t follow any specific diet plan for the contest, more of the nutritional guidelines in the TT manual. Usually every day I would eat 5 to 6 meals a day, including a lot of lean protein, fruits, and veggies. I cut out all liquid calories, which was pretty easy for me because I’m not a soda drinker so I just had to quit Gatorade and the occasional coffee. When I did have cheat meals or a less healthy snack, I would try to plan around it as best as I could. I’m very happy with my progress throughout the contest, but I’m nowhere near satisfied. I want to continue to get stronger and lean enough to achieve the elusive six-pack.

This transformation contest taught me that you have to work hard for whatever it is that you want, if you want to gain muscle and burn fat you need to step out of your comfort zone and really push yourself. Hard work and determination will get you where you want to be. Craig Ballantyne says “fat loss is easy once you accept how hard it is.” The more you put into it, the more you get out of it. This helped me not just with my transformation goals but with life in general, most importantly with baseball. I’ve never been on a team so I’ve been working as hard as I can to constantly improve in the game. I’ll be playing for an adult league starting in March and I couldn’t be more excited.

Stats:

9/18/11
Weight: 178lbs

12/7/11
Weight:168.5

Congratulations to everyone that finished the contest, you’re all awesome!
-Kevin Kaplan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg before1.jpg (66.9 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg before3.jpg (63.7 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg after1.jpg (64.6 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg after2.jpg (66.0 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg after3.jpg (64.1 KB, 34 views)
Old 12-08-2011, 12:25 AM

Post extra pictures

Here are the close-ups of the newspaper in my before and after photos.
Also an extra after pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg after5.jpg (69.8 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg before4.jpg (81.3 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg after4.jpg (81.2 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg before2.jpg (62.7 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by kkaplan : 12-08-2011 at 10:18 PM.
Old 12-09-2011, 07:36 AM

Default Jason's Entry and Essay

Greetings fellow Turbulence Trainers!

Well it's been 3 years since I entered a transformation contest and overall I've been pretty good with my diet and training since then. Unfortunately, this year has been a year to forget, having lost my job, having a miscarriage, and struggling with paying a mortgage with no income. Needless to say, training and smart diet choices, were not at the top of my priority list for some time. But seeing myself get fat just added to the stresses in my life and I knew I needed this contest to help me eliminate the unnecessary stress of fatness!

I started out on the 27th of September with the photos. These photos are the only tangible proof that I have once experimented with hair dye! Apparently some people get their hair done or their nails or buy expensive clothes instead of actually losing weight to make themselves feel better, so I thought I'd give it a go. Disaster.

I spent the first few weeks mucking around with trying cardio and beep tests as my excercise because my motivation was so low and I was struggling with the advanced TT workouts I tried to continue with from 6 months previous. I can now testify that long boring cardio does NOT work for me! Even though my fitness improved I did not lose weight. My diet was pathetic as I continually made excuses and turned cheat days into cheat weeks (ever done that?!). I realised that the only thing that works for me is proper diet AND proper excercise TOGETHER. One or the other just does not work for me.

So I got seriously serious on the 18th of October when I decided to just wind the clock back to a more realistic TT workout and re-did the TT intermediate workout. That did the trick. Simple supersets instead of much harder tri-sets and circuits really re-kindled my motivation and love for Turbulence Training. The fat started burning immediately.

Part of my motivation started from not wanting to ever buy bigger clothes than the fat clothes I already owned and I was getting sick of wearing togas because my fat clothes were actually getting too small for me! After just a few weeks I could finally stop wearing Togas everywhere I went and could fit into my 'fat' clothes again, albeit with my pants' zip down, covered up by long t-shirts! After another couple of weeks I could actually do the button and zip up on my fat shorts! No longer did I have to send out search and rescue parties to find my hand after losing it inside various bodily crevices that were enlarged way beyond normal.

I persevered through the intermediate workout to the Metabolic Finishers workouts. They were awesome! I was just at the right fitness level to grab these workouts and go for it. I loved them. Now that I'm away on a camping holiday I am doing the new bodyweight 400 workouts with no equipment except for a ball, a chair, an upside down hammock stand and a variety of children to use as weights at my disposal. I personally enjoy jumping whilst holding a 3 year old in the lake intervals, followed by 20 x 7,8,9 and 10 year old throws in the lake.

My Stats:
September 21st 2011 - 87.5 kg (192.5 pounds)
December 2nd 2011 - 76.5 kg (168.3 pounds)

Since I really only started training properly on October 18th, I lost 11 kg or 24.2 pounds in 6 weeks and 3 days of actual proper diet and exercise! That is the best I've ever done!

Dietwise, I simply followed the most realistic diet on earth - don't eat processed garbage and try not to combine carbs and fat in the same meal. This is something I can continue for life which is why the TT lifestyle is so much better than any program that requires massive amounts of supplements or shakes. I fasted 1 day per week (thanks Brad and Joel). I cheated 1 day per week (thanks Joel). Man, did I struggle to eat on cheat days! I got so used to normal portion sizes that on cheat days I tried to have a big breakfast and I was literally stuffed for 6 or 7 hours before I could eat anything again! It was really hard to get an excess of calories to help increase the leptin levels again, but it must've been working because I kept losing pounds every week.

Now I'm pleased to announce that I'm stuck somewhere between fat clothes with buttons done up and thin clothes with buttons undone. I've just never wanted to spend the money on the 'in-between' clothes! I'm still training hard even though the official contest is over. No more am I going to 'reward' (punish) myself at the end of a contest with a couple of weeks of fattening up. I'm determined to see ab this year and the sooner the better. With Turbulence Training I know that I'll get there because there are just so many workouts to choose from that I NEVER get bored.

Thanks again Craig for all that you do. Your workouts and email updates are invaluable to me and my family. My wife also entered this year and her entry will be under my membership details.

PS I have close-ups of the newspapers if you need them. Oh yeah, and I'm 36 years old.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Before2.jpg (92.0 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg AFter2.jpg (87.7 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg Before3.jpg (94.5 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg After1.jpg (92.6 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg After3.jpg (89.3 KB, 43 views)

Last edited by Jason Davie : 12-13-2011 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Added text