TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 12th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2010, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma View Post
Hi Robyn, I was thinking you are joining us this time... Then I remembered you just recently had surgery....Hope you are recovering well and do think of you, hope you are enjoying the house.

Cheers
Ma
Hey there Ma,

As usual, you are soooo thoughtful. Would love to meet you in person some day and give you a great big hug for all your support, and for just being you

Pretty much over the surgery now thanks. Have another challenge too. Hurt my back/right hip and ab. at work a few days ago. Saw the doc on Thursday and not supposed to lift over 11lbs for a week, and then gradually work up from there again. So on light duties at work for 2 weeks, and miss out on overtime . Really want to do a workout, so may just see how it feels with some light work on the stability bike, just to keep mobile

Eating real 'clean' now though I think the worst things I've had in about the last 10 days would be duck and chicken with the skin on, and about half a cup of cow's milk,,, really only had that so I could take anti-inflammatories,,, yuckie

Anyhows, lovely to hear from you as always. Keep on smiling hun.

Luving ya from Aussieland,

Robyn.

Loving Life, People, and our Amazing Creator.

My TT Blog/Thread - http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=7224
Old 09-18-2010, 11:29 AM

On the starchy carbs I think you get a feeling for the ones that don't trigger you. For example, I can eat up to four slices of orowheat's 100% whole wheat lite bread a day and continue to lose fat, but a Thomas' english muffin just puts me on the prowl for more carbs. Know thyself! Where eating is concerned it's so personal. Here's a snack I love. 2 slices lite whole wheat bread with 1 tablespoon fat free cream cheese sprinkled with cinnamon and a little splenda. I know, I should be using stevia, but I'm not perfect. This is so satisfying, and if you're used to almost no starchy carbs at all it's almost decadent at less than 100 calories. Add an apple and this will definitely get you to your next meal with plenty of energy.
Now, on ESE, I used it in both the contest I won, and the one where I finished 3rd. It works, but it is so hard to go against the prevailing wisdom on nutrition! I feel like some kind of heretic or something, but if my fat loss stalls you can bet I'll be fasting once a week. Lastly, I'd like to put in a word for my favorite super food, spinach. I pile it high on a plate, spray it with olive oil, add 2T of fancy salsa and chow down. Popeye was right.
Old 09-18-2010, 08:54 PM

This is great reading everyone, thanks so much for posting your preferred diets. Also gives me ideas of what to eat.

Is the reason for just eating egg whites, that you get the protein without the fat?

Just wondered when people eat egg whites, what do you have with them? they are pretty bland and tastless, so wondered how you could jazz this up without adding lots of calories?

Also what do you with the egg yolks, do you throw them away? or use them in something else, just seems a waste of food not to do something with them. I hate throwing food away, always think of the starving kids in the world, when I throw my kids leftovers aways, I get very cross when they don't eat their lunch at school!

Anyhow that's just me! but understand if eveyrone does throw them away, just interested
Cheers Katie
Old 09-20-2010, 03:17 AM

Default My plan of attack

This time I am going with eatstopeat, 2 fasts per week and going very well. As I hate measuring etc this way of life suits me.
Bruce
Old 09-20-2010, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
This is great reading everyone, thanks so much for posting your preferred diets. Also gives me ideas of what to eat.

Is the reason for just eating egg whites, that you get the protein without the fat?

Just wondered when people eat egg whites, what do you have with them? they are pretty bland and tastless, so wondered how you could jazz this up without adding lots of calories?

Also what do you with the egg yolks, do you throw them away? or use them in something else, just seems a waste of food not to do something with them. I hate throwing food away, always think of the starving kids in the world, when I throw my kids leftovers aways, I get very cross when they don't eat their lunch at school!

Anyhow that's just me! but understand if eveyrone does throw them away, just interested
Cheers Katie
Katie - personally i never throw away my yolks - they contain many good things and probably the most important partof the egg - i think the teend for egg whites only came from bodybuilders who were watching every gram of fat etc but for normal everyday people i think youre missing out on vital nutrients and the fat in an egg or tow wont make much difference, it was also thought for years that eggs raised your cholesterol however it is now known that is only raises the good cholesterol which in turn helps to lower your bad cholesterol overall - nature is very clever and produces something that is wholesome and all in one place (a meal in a shell) so eat the whole thing!

:-)
Old 09-20-2010, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy View Post

Also what do you with the egg yolks, do you throw them away? or use them in something else, just seems a waste of food not to do something with them. I hate throwing food away,
Cheers Katie
I eat the egg whites - as you mention - to increase my protein intake without increasing fat intake.
When I eat hard boiled eggs I save the yolks for my dogs. They love 'em!

If I'm using eggs in a recipe I'll use one of the egg substitutes (e.g., Egg Beaters) so I don't have to worry about the yolks.

"Slow and steady wins the race."

My Workout Journal thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?p=137725
Old 09-20-2010, 08:17 PM

Hi guys

thanks for your replies. Art you are so good, I am not sure I could give the yolk away from my boiled egg, that's the best part!! I bet your dog loves you

cheers again

Kate
Old 09-20-2010, 08:48 PM

Awesome Thread!!!!!

Planning in advance & keeping track of what I am eating are what work best for me (though I HATE to do it)

I am going to try and be faithful to ESE this contest. I did one for 22 hours, need to plan another.

I am free-er on Sundays- but I dont do well with cheats- if I give myself an inch -I want a mile....

"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride- and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high- but so are the rewards." ~ PAUL "BEAR" BRYANT

My Fitday Journal
Old 09-20-2010, 09:15 PM

Smile Eat Stop Eat

Hi guys

there seems to be a few of you doing fasts and following ESE, I just wondered if you had all purchased the product and are following it to the letter. Or have some of you just devised your own fasts?

I just wondered how it all worked and how hard you were finding it? how successful you were finding it too?

Cheers Katie
Old 09-20-2010, 09:22 PM

For me its basic clean eating of whole foods, lean meats, fruits and veggies, limited grains(2-3 servings a day.) I try to follow a 40/30/30 ratio of 40% carbs 30% fats and protein. Sometimes I will be higher in protein and lower in fat. Its not a diet its really a sustainable way of eating for the rest of my life. The higher fat and protein fight hunger and help me build muscle. I used some of the guidelines from the nutrition bonus ebook from Dr. Mohr that came with the TT manuals. In the beginning I just chose some healthy foods that I liked and stuck with those as a staple. Over time I have added some different types of fruits, grains, veggies, and increased my intake of wild caught cold water fish.

Supplements: Creatine, Fish Oil, Whey Concentrate, Zinc, Occasional Multi Vitamin.

You cannot plow a field by turning it over in your mind.~Unknown