TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 12th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2011, 12:05 PM

Default My birthday present to myself

This summer proved that I need to learn to be better organized and need to write down my weekly plan. I kept thinking I could just wing it but that never works very well does it? So here I am one more time to really work on making my workouts and nutrition a habit. I've kept my weight better steady, but injured my knee in May then broke my toe end of July so workouts have been spotty around injuries. Toe is still a little sore but feeling better and I'm ready to get started on Sunday. I think I do best starting on the first day right out of the gate, so here goes! Plus this 12 weeks will finish up right before my birthday and I think that will be the best present ever...to look and feel great!

My goals:
-lose 6 pounds to get down to 130
-lose 2 inches off of my waist and at least an inch off my hips and thighs
-plan my workouts and meals each week on Sunday or Monday morning
-get 3 workouts in each week and at least 2 intervals
-stretch once a week
-diet: follow a mostly paleo/lower carb with a fast day and a cheat day each week. See how this works for me. Still using intermittent fasting.

Ok, so will post pictures and measurements tomorrow! I miss the accountability of posting here and it really did help last time. OK, now to pick out my workout for this first 4 weeks. Leaning towards TT for Women since some of the other workouts get too long, and I don't have a huge amount of free time and so many of the workouts seem to be requiring more equipment, and I just don't have much. Maybe also do a bodyweight set for the next 4 weeks, then see how things are looking. I've done Buff Chicks (too much equiptment and I had to do too many subs) loved Booty for Wife, the Gauntlet, and a couple others in the manual.

Best of luck to everyone!

“The reward of a thing well done is to have done it.” --Ralph Waldo Emerson

"A strong outside strengthens the inside."
Old 09-03-2011, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
This summer proved that I need to learn to be better organized and need to write down my weekly plan. I kept thinking I could just wing it but that never works very well does it? So here I am one more time to really work on making my workouts and nutrition a habit. I've kept my weight better steady, but injured my knee in May then broke my toe end of July so workouts have been spotty around injuries. Toe is still a little sore but feeling better and I'm ready to get started on Sunday. I think I do best starting on the first day right out of the gate, so here goes! Plus this 12 weeks will finish up right before my birthday and I think that will be the best present ever...to look and feel great!

My goals:
-lose 6 pounds to get down to 130
-lose 2 inches off of my waist and at least an inch off my hips and thighs
-plan my workouts and meals each week on Sunday or Monday morning
-get 3 workouts in each week and at least 2 intervals
-stretch once a week
-diet: follow a mostly paleo/lower carb with a fast day and a cheat day each week. See how this works for me. Still using intermittent fasting.

Ok, so will post pictures and measurements tomorrow! I miss the accountability of posting here and it really did help last time. OK, now to pick out my workout for this first 4 weeks. Leaning towards TT for Women since some of the other workouts get too long, and I don't have a huge amount of free time and so many of the workouts seem to be requiring more equipment, and I just don't have much. Maybe also do a bodyweight set for the next 4 weeks, then see how things are looking. I've done Buff Chicks (too much equiptment and I had to do too many subs) loved Booty for Wife, the Gauntlet, and a couple others in the manual.

Best of luck to everyone!
Good luck to you. I like the old programs, because I dont have kettlebells, timers, TRX straps or any of that at my gym. All the programs are good, but lots of folks want to try " the next bigger better thing" that comes out...When it comes to TT, nothing is wrong with the old ones...........with the exception of ones that have crunches in them...........need to switch to planks or planks on SB in place of those.............just my thought anyway! Rob
Old 09-03-2011, 01:10 PM

Hi Jami.. all sounds pretty solid.. all the best.
Old 09-03-2011, 01:37 PM

Hi Jami! Your plan sounds great. I know you will rock this TC as you did TC #10.
What about BW cardio 3? With that you don't even need intervals.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:24 PM

Hey Jamie, sorry to hear about your mishaps! Glad to hear you're on the mend and back in the TT melting pot
Old 09-05-2011, 06:51 PM

Smile

Hi jamie

Welcome back, sounds like you mean business so you are doing to do well!

Sorry to hear about the toe, I had similar accident in the last contest, high heels, open toes, low curb, bit too many vodkas! and hey ho, I fell off the curb and took of 2 of my toe nails off!

I am sure you accident was not self inflicted, but I it must have been painful, I did not feel mine too much until the next day (wonder why!!)

Anyhow, good luck with your goals, I am sure you will reach them just fine, log in when you can and look forward to joining you on the journey.

Cheers for now Katie