TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 19th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2014, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJShona View Post
What it has done is refocus my eating. I was getting a complacent and this has reigned me back in.
This is the key. At least you realized what was going on before it became a problem/habit. I think right now I'm above 90 on the 90/10 so I need to find a way to let a little in here and there so I don't have a feeding fest at some point. Once I do that, I'll certainly be to 80/20 or even worse, 70/30. Despite my clean eating, I'm seeing slow progress - and sometimes I wonder if I actually am seeing any - but I continue onward!

Old 02-01-2014, 04:24 AM

Default One third done

Week 4 is over.

Measurements update time:

START 04.01.2014
Height: 5'7" (hopefully this hasn't changed!)
Weight: 61.4kg; 135lbs

Chest: 86.0cm
Waist @ bellybutton: 74.0cm
Waist 5cm below bellybutton: 78.5cm
Hips: 86.0cm
Butt: 92.5cm
L. thigh: 56.5cm
R. thigh: 57.0cm

4 WEEKS IN 31.01.2014
Weight: 58.5kg (129lbs) --> -2.9kg (-6lbs) --> I do think this is mainly water!

Chest: 86.0cm --> 0.0cm
Waist @ bellybutton: 73.5cm --> -0.5cm
Waist 5cm below bellybutton: 76.5cm --> -2.0cm
Hips: 83.0cm --> -3.0cm
Butt: 90.0cm --> -2.5cm
L. thigh: 53.5cm --> -3.0cm
R. thigh: 54.5cm --> -2.5cm

Everything is going along ok. My lower body is starting to shrink which I am very pleased about.

XFLD has been an interesting experiment so far. The fast days have been a positive challenge, and I can see the value in running with a 24-hour fast in the future. The shake days - I just have a problem with these. Would much prefer to eat whole food. I understand enough about macros and calories and could likely achieve the same results without the shakes (although I'm not a subject matter expert). But I will reiterate, it has sharpened my focus on eating.

Because I'm travelling next week I'm going to finish this second round and revert back to my "normal" routine ... it will just be tighter. I might return to XFLD, or a slightly modified version, once I'm back.

Top 3 things I am grateful for this week:
1. Going home. I am travelling home to Australia this Wednesday for a quick 10 day visit WOO HOO.
2. Removing negativity. I had a friend (and I use that word loosely) who was a constant negative influence - I have graciously removed myself from this person. And it feels good.
3. Implementing new habits. Early days yet, but I have been on track with meditating every day.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Top 3 things I am grateful for this week:
1. Going home. I am travelling home to Australia this Wednesday for a quick 10 day visit WOO HOO.
2. Removing negativity. I had a friend (and I use that word loosely) who was a constant negative influence - I have graciously removed myself from this person. And it feels good.
3. Implementing new habits. Early days yet, but I have been on track with meditating every day.
I like this, especially #2. As a professor, I often wonder why certain students hang out with others, as it is so obvious to the outside observer that one is extremely focused and positive while the other is just negative and unfocused. This is my kind way of stating it, as it is often even more of a contrast than this. I think sometimes, though, when you're in the thick of it (especially as a young 20-something or late teen), it's not quite easy to remove oneself from such a situation.

Old 02-04-2014, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal1 View Post
I like this, especially #2. As a professor, I often wonder why certain students hang out with others, as it is so obvious to the outside observer that one is extremely focused and positive while the other is just negative and unfocused. This is my kind way of stating it, as it is often even more of a contrast than this. I think sometimes, though, when you're in the thick of it (especially as a young 20-something or late teen), it's not quite easy to remove oneself from such a situation.
Even at this age it can be difficult .
Old 02-04-2014, 04:21 AM

Default Homeward bound

I am on the countdown to getting on a plane back to Australia. Woo hoo.

Going to do the '666' workout tonight - that should be keep the old metabolism firing when I've got my backside planted in a plane seat for 20+ hours. It does look evil. Can't wait.

Travelling has been my undoing before, so I have done some planning to remove as many barriers as possible. And I'm also hoping airport security doesn't take exception to my protein powder and healthy snacks!

No excuses!
Old 02-04-2014, 11:59 AM

Smile Nice legs!!

Great work on those thigh measurements!! Holy Cow!
Old 02-07-2014, 09:12 PM

Talking Vacation!

I hope you're being a good girl!!
Old 02-10-2014, 05:13 AM

Default Off the rails

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieM View Post
I hope you're being a good girl!!
I have been good, overall .

I've had a few cheat meals, but have been balancing them out with some Lean Gains style IFs. And I've been doing lots of walking with Winston (my crazy dog).

So much on the forum to catch up on. Best get to some reading to see how you're going!
Old 02-19-2014, 05:35 AM

Default Back online

After a refreshing break back in Aus I am now back online and back into my challenge with a vengeance.

I closed out a lot of personal admin when I was at home. Getting stuff done is a good feeling, especially when these things were just consuming my mental energy because I constantly thought about them. I also got to spend a lot of time with my family and close friends which is such a treat.

I kept my eating on track during my break. Yes, of course there were several cheats but I felt very capable of applying techniques to balance them out. Experimenting with IF and my experience with XFLD has really helped me to understand what works for me. Overall I didn't lose, but I didn't gain.

With just under 6 weeks to go I'm ready to go hard and keep the diet dialled in, and leave it all on the floor with my workouts. I will finish off the Advanced series of TT2.0 this week, and then I'm going to move onto BDHC for the final 5 weeks.

My trip back from Aus was quite the drama: http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel...1226831400670#

Made for a long and exhausting trip, but I took the opportunity to do 38 hour fast. I feel good today and much sharper than I usually do after flying long haul... ???!!! There might be something in that.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:31 AM

Quote:
After a refreshing break back in Aus I am now back online and back into my challenge with a vengeance.

I closed out a lot of personal admin when I was at home. Getting stuff done is a good feeling, especially when these things were just consuming my mental energy because I constantly thought about them. I also got to spend a lot of time with my family and close friends which is such a treat.

I kept my eating on track during my break. Yes, of course there were several cheats but I felt very capable of applying techniques to balance them out. Experimenting with IF and my experience with XFLD has really helped me to understand what works for me. Overall I didn't lose, but I didn't gain.

With just under 6 weeks to go I'm ready to go hard and keep the diet dialled in, and leave it all on the floor with my workouts. I will finish off the Advanced series of TT2.0 this week, and then I'm going to move onto BDHC for the final 5 weeks.

My trip back from Aus was quite the drama: http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel...1226831400670#

Made for a long and exhausting trip, but I took the opportunity to do 38 hour fast. I feel good today and much sharper than I usually do after flying long haul... ???!!! There might be something in that.

Oh,WOW! Glad you made it back safe!
Sounds like you need the workouts to de-stress!
Shawn