TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 26th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2009, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Ballantyne View Post
yeah, finally getting a gymboss has added a great new element to my training. so cheap too.
I'm getting one!! I was looking for something at Sports Authority but it was a no go.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:49 PM

This may seem overly simple, but I think you have to really want to change your habits. REALLY. Want. To. Change. I asked my dad once why he didn't quit smoking even though he knew it was so bad for him. He said he didn't want to. It goes along with what everyone else has said about having the right mindset. More than believing you can do it, though, you have to want to do it. My dad believed he could quit smoking, he just didn't want to. (I say that in the past tense because our conversation was in the past, not because he has passed - and yes, he still smokes.)

"Eating crappy food is not a reward - it's a punishment."
~Drew Carey
Old 01-04-2009, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grrpurr75 View Post
STICK WITH IT no matter HOW many times you slip up, cheat, forget to work out, whatever... EVENTUALLY you will adopt and stick with the changes permanently! Better losing weight & fat slowly but surely, then messing up, giving up, and staying unhealthy! Heck it took me 8-9 weeks outta the last 12 to get in and STAY in the groove!! hehe
This has to be my number one "tip". Just keep going. Don't stop just because you missed a day or ate something bad. Even if you missed a decade or two and ate 10 tons of Whoppers, pick it up. Everyday is a freah start. Every minute. Never give up! Never Surrender!

I'm too new to have any other tips, except maynbe get support. Someone you are accountable to.

Aaron

Fitday Public Profile
http://www.fitday.com/fitness/Public...=greenlizard72
Old 01-05-2009, 09:59 AM
Administrator

You are right, that migth be best. Never stop!
Old 01-05-2009, 02:02 PM

This is more so contest specific than general tip, but here it goes.

Post your before pics when you start the transformation. Taking the pic is one thing, but actually posting it takes it to a higher level. I think this is one of the biggest challenges that we face. It hurts to do, but it makes the contest entry more "real."

For me it seemed to make me feel more committed when I'm showing my actual picture. My attitude was that well this picture is out here now, there's no turning back.

Follow matrix2pyro on Twitter
Old 01-05-2009, 02:21 PM

Amen M2P, once people see the before pics, I CANT possibly look the same or worse afterwards!! Total motivation to keep pushing forward.
- Helen Keller

"Vitality shows in not only the ability to persist but the ability to
start over."
-F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!"
- Kate Moss

http://www.facebook.com/#/grrpurr75?ref=profile
Old 01-05-2009, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlizard View Post
This has to be my number one "tip". Just keep going. Don't stop just because you missed a day or ate something bad. Even if you missed a decade or two and ate 10 tons of Whoppers, pick it up. Everyday is a freah start. Every minute. Never give up! Never Surrender!
Quoted for truth. If you have a pulse, it's still "game on". Lifestyle changes are full circle, so never assume because one facet falls out of sync that you're done. Injure yourself and need to rest a few days (even a week)? Watch your nutrition, make sure you're getting enough sleep and rehab the injury properly. Sidelined is NOT out. It's merely hitting the pause button on the "how I bettered my life and myself" show.

My secret weapon in tough endeavours? Goal Posters. No, seriously...goal posters. Architects create drawings that display what they want the final product to be, and then beautiful buildings eventually stand. It's a powerful tool. The trickery of memory can be wicked. Having constant visual representation of what you desire and are striving for helps with focus. Goal posters have gotten me through the hurdles to every benchmark moment in the last 10 years.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:55 PM
Administrator

interesting...

do you have a picture of a goal poster? That's the same thing as what the "Secret" calls "Vision boards", right?
Old 01-05-2009, 03:31 PM

OH - dont know is this is what you mean by goal posters - but i can go hand in hand.. Make fun of me if you wish, but it WORKS - take pics of "bodies" you like, and stick your face on them, or at least cut them out and post around your mirrors or wherever you have to see it every day, SO much easier envisioning YOURSELF that way!!! Heck yeah!
- Helen Keller

"Vitality shows in not only the ability to persist but the ability to
start over."
-F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!"
- Kate Moss

http://www.facebook.com/#/grrpurr75?ref=profile
Old 01-05-2009, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Ballantyne View Post
interesting...

do you have a picture of a goal poster? That's the same thing as what the "Secret" calls "Vision boards", right?
Yes. They go by different names, and often content/configuration, but it's always the same premise. Visual aid to train your brain. I have one that will literally be 10 years old next month. I pull it out every time I have an injury flare up. I'll grab a pic of it and post it as an example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grrpurr75 View Post
OH - dont know is this is what you mean by goal posters - but i can go hand in hand.. Make fun of me if you wish, but it WORKS - take pics of "bodies" you like, and stick your face on them, or at least cut them out and post around your mirrors or wherever you have to see it every day, SO much easier envisioning YOURSELF that way!!! Heck yeah!
You're on the money there. The point of the visual aid is to train your brain, or in short, to talk yourself into success. As cesium posted earlier, you have to want it first, but after you want it, you have to find a way to keep the inner fight when setbacks or roadblocks crop up.