TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 9th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2010, 04:53 PM

Default Struggling to find an inspiring thread title!!

Since TT#1 where I got back into some sort of shape, I've failed to push forward from that point. I've managed to remain fairly stable between 190lbs and 200lbs - dependent upon other pressures of life. 190lbs seems to be a bit of a barrier.

I did enter TT#8 and without exercising a great deal but really tying down on my nutrition, I dropped 15lbs. But about two thirds of the way through, Sue my wife went into hospital for an operation. I then had a week running a holiday club for 80 5-11 year old kids and somehow I just lost focus and the last 4 weeks fell apart.

I think my biggest problems is my history. I know and remember what it feels like to be in good shape and I'm desperate to get there again. The problem is that the desperation creates unreasonable expectations upon what my (aging) body is capable of. Consequently, I often do too much and injure myself or I get discouraged when I fail to complete a workout that I feel I ought to eat for breakfast!

I believe that the best way to address this is to set process goals and let the results take care of themselves.

Therefore, I have 2 simple targets for the next 12 weeks:

Exercise - to complete a minimum of my 3 TT sessions per week
Nutrition - to avoid all sweets and all alcohol

Just as an aside, my starting weight is 207lbs

I am also currently working on a writing project developing a users guide to integrate running with prayer/meditation. In addition to holding me account to exercising and avoiding sweets/alcohol, please also chase me up over my research/writing schedule.

Thanks.

Chris
Old 09-18-2010, 05:34 PM

Hi Chris, glad to see you here, I'm sure you will do great this time round, your goals are realistic so you should be able to achieve what you set out to do. I know your cutting out sweets/alcohol, I would also advise knowing what ur cal intake needs to be to expect weightloss, and track your cals using www.myfitnesspal.com, that way you absolutely can't go wrong! Good luck on your journey! Btw, I'll be checking your webpage regularly, I've found a passion for 10k's, doing my 4th one next month and aiming for sub 60 min time, I'll be using some of the techniques u mention on there to help me! Cheers, Betty
Ps. take a look around the forums, and you will see age is no barrier!
Pps. If u can change ur thread title how about "achieving my goals one day at a time"

“What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?”

“Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.”

“Just do it.”

My Blog: http://bodybybetty.co.uk
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/sixpackbetty
My Workout Journal: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=11481
Old 09-19-2010, 09:56 AM

Busy weekend!

We have a new minister and yesterday was his induction service. I spent the morning preparing pasta salad and rice salad and the afternoon at his induction service.

This morning I was leading our service at church and this afternoon we're cleaning the school minibus - a little extra curricular exercise there.

Days on track with goals - 1
Old 09-20-2010, 01:56 PM

Bodyweight TT for Abs. Workout A

Easing into the next 12 weeks - taking small steps and progressing gradually rather than aiming for a mammoth 3 hour session which finishes with a trip to the ER!!

I only went through each superset once and then completed 100 KB swings for my interval training in 4 sets of 25.

I then had a good stretch and used a foam roller - something I would advocate to my athletes but something that I often neglect!!

So far, so good!!

Days on track with goals - 3
Old 09-20-2010, 02:49 PM

Hi BQ,
Saw you stopped by my thread...........although they say excercise will curtail late night snacking, oddly enough, I have never tried that....I guess I should try doing 15 or so pushups and X mountain climbers or something like that, in lieu of the food. I have been doing better......grab a handfull of grapes before bedtime and leaving it at that........so far, so good. Nice to see you back here.........Rob
Old 09-21-2010, 08:49 AM

Hey, hey, look what the cat dragged in!

Good luck with your goals! I think they are very reasonable and you should be able to "eat them for breakfast"!!

"Eating crappy food is not a reward - it's a punishment."
~Drew Carey
Old 09-21-2010, 11:35 AM

Hi, Chris, good luck with your transformation!!! I'm not familiar with the BW TT for abs, is it the sept 2007 wkt?
It could've been me, it could've been me..."
Meat Loaf- A kiss is a terrible thing to waste
Old 09-22-2010, 11:38 AM

Thanks for your support folks!!

Hi Ion,

It came with the TT for abs package and you can find it here

http://www.ttmembers.com/members/pro...action=Display

Just off to go train!!
Old 09-22-2010, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy_quiz View Post
Bodyweight TT for Abs. Workout A

Easing into the next 12 weeks - taking small steps and progressing gradually rather than aiming for a mammoth 3 hour session which finishes with a trip to the ER!!

I only went through each superset once and then completed 100 KB swings for my interval training in 4 sets of 25.

I then had a good stretch and used a foam roller - something I would advocate to my athletes but something that I often neglect!!

So far, so good!!

Days on track with goals - 3
It looks good. I like your two process goals - very defined and clear. BW and KB workouts allow you to workout anytime or anywhere which should be good for busy schedule. Remember Craig's advice of never give up even if you fail for a day or two. Get right back on.

Looking forward to your next update.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:48 PM

Just finished in the gym - rowing intervals

24 seconds hard, 36 seconds easy.

Hard sections - pulling at 35+ strokes per minute.

20 minutes work.

Well, that was a hard session!! I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed that rubber legs feeling with the intestines being turned inside out and hung out to dry!!

I should sleep well tonight!!