TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 24th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2015, 10:31 PM

Default Time to crush it!

I'm in!

Summer is approaching so it's time to go hard and get lean. Starting with Meatheads 5 x 20.

Back later with photos and measurements.

Feeling very serious this time around.
Old 09-07-2015, 09:05 AM
Administrator

If you want to stay serious, take the effort to eliminate temptations. That is always what drags you down.
Old 09-07-2015, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Ballantyne View Post
If you want to stay serious, take the effort to eliminate temptations. That is always what drags you down.
Don't I know it! Fortunately my wife (Alisa) is coming along for the ride this time so this will make things easier. The biggest obstacle for me diet wise is mid week wine but that will be much easier dealt with if no-one is drinking. On that subject we got rid of the last half bottle of wine last night (1 glass each) and there is no plan to replace it so here we go.

I'm going to use this period of dietary focus to really capitalize on business productivity as well. So I may set my own little mini challenges along the way as well.

Aside from getting leaner I do want to continue to push my HSPU's to greater heights, get that 20 rep set of chin-ups and move closer to getting a full front lever so I will by pursuing these goals while following TT workouts.

I plan to log my food intake like I did in contest 17 as well so this should be a busy little thread for the next 12 weeks.
Old 09-07-2015, 04:55 PM

Default Day 1 (Monday 07 September)

Meatheads 5 x 20 Week 1 Workout A

A change of direction for me. I'm ready and I mean really ready to get lean and have therefore committed myself to the 24th contest and back to TT workouts for a while.

After some debate I chose 5 x 20 as my 1st workout of the contest and let me tell you workout A did not disappoint. I have not felt this winded or light headed in quite some time. Nothing like a good old TT workout to give you a reality check.

1a) Narrow Stance Goblet Squat - 45kg x 6 x 1, 50kg x 6 x 3 - added a 2 second pause in the bottom position for all reps
1b) Box jumps - bw x 3 x 4

2a) BB RDL - 100kg x 8 x 3
2b) Goblet BGSS - 30kg x 15 x 1, 25kg x 15 x 2 per side - dropped the weight for set 2 and 3 as I think I may have literally passed out if I kept the weight at 30kg for all 3 sets.
2c) Prisoner Jump Squats - bw x 15 x 3
2d) Rocking Plank - bw x 40 x 3

3a) Narrow Stance BW Squat (max reps in 60 sec) - 60/47
3b) Swing Lunge (max reps in 60 sec) - 18/15 per leg

I didn't stick with the prescribed rest on the finisher as my legs stopped functioning normally. lol. Complete mechanical failure. Good times as they say but maybe not so much tomorrow.

Food Intake

7am - vital greens, Catherine's "Freedom Tonic"
9am - 1 apple, greek yogurt
12pm (post workout shake) - chocolate wpc, frozen berries, kale, banana, quinoa flakes, maca, chia seeds, coconut water
3pm - quest bar, apple
6pm - homemade malaysian chicken curry with basmati rice, 1 glass of white wine (the last glass in the house)

Total Calories: 2155 | Protein 120g | Carbs 277g | Fat 42g |
Old 09-07-2015, 06:53 PM
Administrator

what's the Freedom Tonic?

Also, you might want to adapt these workouts to fit your HSPU and lever goals, as I don't think they are the best for that.

Cool update!
Old 09-07-2015, 10:34 PM

Peter, you and I can do this.

Let's commit to following through, posting pictures at the end and doing our best. When we complete it enter 12 weeks from now at least we can say we gave it everything.
Old 09-08-2015, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Ballantyne View Post
what's the Freedom Tonic?

Also, you might want to adapt these workouts to fit your HSPU and lever goals, as I don't think they are the best for that.

Cool update!
Yep I'm doing front lever practice and planche practice at the end of my warm-up on Workout B and D (upper) and I'm going to do Handstand practice at the end of my warm-up on workouts A and C (lower).

Freedom tonic is something Catherine put me onto. She says she gets her clients to slug the following concoction down 1st thing in the morning.

1 tbsp of lemon juice and 1 tbsp of raw unpasteurized apple cider vinegar in a glass of water. The vinegar in particular has been shown to increase insulin sensitivity. I'm running much higher carbs these days so figure a little help in this department can't hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixb97 View Post
Peter, you and I can do this.

Let's commit to following through, posting pictures at the end and doing our best. When we complete it enter 12 weeks from now at least we can say we gave it everything.
Indeed Blake I will be seeing this one through to the end. I've had a few false starts but I really am committed this time around.
Old 09-08-2015, 05:33 PM

Default Day 2

Training

Meatheads 5 x 20 Week 1 Workout B

1a) Close Grip Bench Press - 80kg x 5 x 3
1b) DB RDR - 2.5kg x 20 x 3

2a) Weight Pull-Up - 10kg x 5 x 1, 5kg x 5 x 2 - decreased the weight for sets 2 and 3 because I felt form was being compromised a little.
2b) DB Incline Press - 20kg x 20/20/18 - good pump right here

3a) TRX Row - bw x 20 x 3
3b) Plank to Tricep Ext - bw x 5 x 3 (2/0/2/2)
3c) DB Curl - 8kg x 20 x 3

No finisher today. Legs are really feeling yesterdays session. Workout B ain't got nothing on workout A!

Nutrition

5am - vital greens, freedom tonic
10am - apple, quest bar
1.30pm - (post workout shake) - chocolate wpc, frozen berries, kale, banana, quinoa flakes, maca, chia seeds, coconut water
7.30pm - pulled mexican style beef with red beans, avocado salsa and rice

Total Calories: 1810 | Protein 115g | Carbs 253g | Fat 37g |
Old 09-08-2015, 05:46 PM
Administrator

Nice, thanks!
Old 09-08-2015, 08:54 PM

Good luck mate with your journey...I'll be checking over your thread once in a while. Hope you nail your front lever, it is a very taxing movement, especially developing that straight arm strength.

Lately I've just been focusing purely on my calisthenics, I would like to get a lot better at it.

All the best mate!

Nutrition log
Workout Journal