TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Challenge Workouts
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2013, 09:25 PM

Talking Jump Rope Challenge!

I'm going to challenge myself to jump rope for 10 minutes per day every day for the next 30 days.

I'm doing it to improve my prowess with the rope, improve my conditioning, work on my double unders and to shed some fat in the process.

Who wants to join me?

Old 11-08-2013, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterJankowski View Post
I'm going to challenge myself to jump rope for 10 minutes per day every day for the next 30 days.

I'm doing it to improve my prowess with the rope, improve my conditioning, work on my double unders and to shed some fat in the process.

Who wants to join me?

Awesome! I'd join you, but I'm focused on basketball 3X a week and my KB training. If the weather is ok, I might work out in my back yard tomorrow.

Keep rocking,
Mikey
Old 11-08-2013, 04:47 PM

Pete, I'm in. I've been meaning to work on my jumping, which sucks by the way, for a while. Just the motivation I need to start. 10 minutes per day starting right now.
John

STAMUS CONTRA MALUM
Old 11-08-2013, 05:08 PM

Alright Day 1 down. The first four minutes went ok. The next six minutes were an exercise in futility and swear words. It'll get better though with time. I need to google some tips I think.

STAMUS CONTRA MALUM
Old 11-08-2013, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Magovern View Post
Pete, I'm in. I've been meaning to work on my jumping, which sucks by the way, for a while. Just the motivation I need to start. 10 minutes per day starting right now.
John
Quote:
Alright Day 1 down. The first four minutes went ok. The next six minutes were an exercise in futility and swear words. It'll get better though with time. I need to google some tips I think.
Awesome John.

Don't worry you will pick it up quickly if you do it every day. If 10 minutes becomes overwhelming at 1st break it up into 2 or 3 sets at different times of the day.

I did my 1st round today but I'm a little worried about the leg injury I had a few weeks back. I think it flared up originally doing some jump rope and burpee challenges. I felt the same thing today. I'll see how it pulls up tomorrow but won't risk taking myself out of action for this challenge. Hopefully is nothing.
Old 11-10-2013, 12:27 AM

Disappointingly my ankle/leg injury has flared up a bit after yesterday jump rope session so I'm going to have to pull back on this after day 1!

I have no arch in my right foot and this makes my right ankle quite weak. I'm working on correcting that weakness and jumping rope will probably fit into this at some stage. But doing 10 minutes straight didn't seem to agree with it.
Old 11-10-2013, 10:58 AM

No worries Pete, better to be safe than sorry. I once ran a stress fracture in my fifth metatarsal into a full blown fracture because I refused to stop running in the Marines.

Once you get healed up we'll have another go at it. In the meantime I'll work on my form.

STAMUS CONTRA MALUM
Old 11-10-2013, 11:20 AM

Quote:
No worries Pete, better to be safe than sorry. I once ran a stress fracture in my fifth metatarsal into a full blown fracture because I refused to stop running in the Marines.

Once you get healed up we'll have another go at it. In the meantime I'll work on my form.
Cool mate. Yeah not worth the risk. It's feeling better tonight but not 100% either. I think if I build up slowly it will be fine. But as you found out 10 mins is quite a while.