TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 15th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2012, 03:56 PM

Default New member and 1st Contest

I have lost 19 lbs over the summer (180 to 161 lbs at 5'4"). My wife is not happy that I'm so thin now. LOL. Anyway, I'm looking to get a bit bigger and still losing bodyfat. I'm working with the TT for Meatheads MRT program. I'm still now sure how much I should be eating. According to myfitnesspal, to gain 1 lb per week I should eat 2760. That just seems like it's so much food, I really don't want to eat like it's my job.

Suggestions?
Old 09-11-2012, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demond View Post
I have lost 19 lbs over the summer (180 to 161 lbs at 5'4"). My wife is not happy that I'm so thin now. LOL. Anyway, I'm looking to get a bit bigger and still losing bodyfat. I'm working with the TT for Meatheads MRT program. I'm still now sure how much I should be eating. According to myfitnesspal, to gain 1 lb per week I should eat 2760. That just seems like it's so much food, I really don't want to eat like it's my job.

Suggestions?
161 @ 5'4.....just wondering........do you NEED to gain at this point? At any rate, welcome..........your wife must not be into fitness, either. Like last night, my wife had Wal Mart subs for supper. I looked at the cals.......340 and upon closer inspection, that was for HALF of the sandwich....Roast beef and cheese on a white bun...........other than the roast beef, nothing good about it......YIKES........but i eat it to keep WWIII from breaking out.........Rob
Old 09-11-2012, 05:38 PM
Administrator

Welcome Demond, let's stick with 2500 calories
Old 09-12-2012, 02:07 AM

Welcome Desmond

Thats a great weight loss through the summer. It looks like it's given the motivation and momentum to work towards your goals.

Keep posting in the forums, its a great way to see how you are progressing. The guys in here are a fountain of knowledge too.

David
TC14 Winner - Males Under 40
Old 09-23-2012, 01:58 PM

Smile

Hi there

well done on the weight loss you have done already, but then I see you are contest winner in 14 so another well done.

Take Craig's advice on the cals, he knows his stuff!

Hope you enjoy Meatheads, - my hubby loved that one.

Look forward to your success

Cheers Katie
Old 09-25-2012, 09:58 AM
Administrator

Keep going Demond, hope all is well.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:33 AM

Default 1st update

Things are going pretty well. I weighed in at 158 on 9/23, which is day 14 for me.

Workout thoughts...

First of all I'm using TT for Meatheads MRT. Love this workout.

Workout A: simply brutal! Doing barbell squats supersetted with the Burpee Chinup Combo is simply horrific. What was hilarious about this and made it tougher, I did Burpee Pullup Combos the first 2 weeks because I wasn't paying attention. That which does not kill us...

This was simply the hardest workout of the 3 for me.

I had to be conservative with the weight at the gym to make sure that I could finish all the reps, which to me was more important than "gutting it out." It was still pretty tough.

I also got to do some exercises I haven't done in a while or ever, which was fun as well.

Nutrition: I am doing pretty well on my nutrition, but I haven't got it down perfect. I have been counting my calories and I have had a hard time eating enough clean food every day. 2000-2500 calories is a lot of food! Not sure how to handle this one.

I will probably take my measurements in the next couple days and note the progress. This has been fun.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:32 AM

Looks like you are going in the right direction........keep'er up!
Old 10-02-2012, 03:28 AM
Administrator

great update, keep it going
Old 10-08-2012, 10:28 PM

Default New Month New Workout

Pluses: I have stuck with the workouts for the whole month. I usually will get bored and find something else to do. I'm a bit leaner than I was when I started although I'm around the same bodyweight when I started (160 lbs).

Minuses: Nutrition is ok, but not as tight as it should be to accelerate fat loss. Very little social support as well. I've told a lot of people, but no one really cares. My wife is pregnant, and cheers me on some.

This month, I'm doing Buff Dudes, Hot Chicks

3 rounds
DB Walking Lunge 35 lbs 12 reps
supersetted
SB Ab Pike 12 reps

3 rounds
DB Bulgarian Squat 35 lbs 12 reps/leg
superset
1 Leg SB Leg Curl 8/side

DB 1 Leg Calf Raise 35 lbs 10 reps/side
superset
Plank w/Arms on Ball 30 sec

SB Rollout 8 reps
superset
X-Body Mt Climber 12 per side

Did L1 Bodyweight Interval Circuit A for my intervals 3 rounds in 9:30

Pretty good workout. I probably went a bit light because I am learning some new exercises. Here's to a better month.

This month's goal is to eliminate wheat and dairy from my diet and see how that affects me. Here goes!

I wish all of the other contestants continued success.