TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > TT Workout Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2012, 05:42 PM
Administrator

Default LEAST Favorite TT Workout?

Yep, I'm serious.

Please give me your review on your LEAST favorite TT workout.

(NOTE: I like how I worded that...because even though it's your LEAST favorite, it's still one of your favorites.)

But seriously, let me know about the TT Stinkers.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:09 PM

Turbulence Training for Abs - Home Abdominal Workouts (Beginner/Intermediate)
It seemed pretty boring. I remember not getting the "turbulence" feeling when I was done and I dropped it after a week. I suppose I could've tried the advanced routine, but I did this after a hiatus from working out and I didn't want to jump into the advanced workout.

Original Bodyweight Workout, 4-Week Program (Intermediate)
Not too bad, but not one of the best. For bodyweight routines, I am finding that I prefer tri-sets, giant sets, circuits, complexes, etc. I think it's because I feel more mentally engaged and it doesn't feel as boring since I'm jumping through an array of exercises at once as opposed to a superset that goes back and forth between two exercises.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:45 AM

I love all TT workouts that I have tried! I have tried Clash of the Titans, Turbulence Training 2009, Hot Zone, Original Meatheads, and Reconstruction. My favorite is Clash of the Titans out of the group and my least favorite is Hot Zone. I haven't tried that many TT workouts due to some of them being complex.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:46 AM

Default Meatheads

I don't know why, but I didn't like it at all. I think maybe it was because I had just finished your MRT (I think that was it) workout after 4 weeks and that was SOOOO much fun. Meatheads was just kinda boring as a follow up.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:06 AM
Administrator

Appreciating these, thank you.
Old 03-24-2012, 07:04 PM

Hi Craig,

Personally, I've enjoyed every single TT workout that I've done. However, I have chosen not to do ones that have only 2 workouts per week, because I enjoy the variety of having a different workout for each of the days of the week that I lift weights. So I'd say that my least favorites are any that follow the ABA, BAB, ABA, BAB pattern.

Doreen
Old 03-26-2012, 06:34 PM

I HATE any TT workout that doesn't have deadlifts in it!!!!

No but seriously now this is a tough one because in general I pick workouts that I think I will enjoy and stay away from those that don't appeal to me.

So what doesn't appeal to me.

I wouldn't do your 2 day per week depletion workouts. Simply because I want at least 3 days per week in the gym.

I prefer the workouts to follow and ABC format rather that an ABA because I enjoy the variety that this offers.

If I could make one complaint about some of your more recent programs, (not all of them, but some of them) it would be that they are getting a bit lengthy. e.g Buff Dudes & Hot Gals. The joy of the earlier TT workouts was their efficiency. You were literally in and out of the gym in 45-60 mins including warm-up and intervals. Some of the newer programs take way over that which can be a turn-off . I realise that this allows you to add variety but if it means that the 1st superset takes me 20 minutes and I still have 3 supersets to go I may not choose that program, particularly when I know that I was getting the same results with much less time spent in the gym with a simpler program.

I've enjoyed every TT program I've done. However if there was one that I could pick out and say I definitely wouldn't do it again it would be Clash of the Titans 2. The reason being there was such a large disparity between the days. Workout A and B took me 35-40mins to complete but then along came workout C and had me in the gym for 1.5 hours. You changed the format of workout C in Clash of the Supervillans and I think that this would work much better.

What I do like at the moment are some of your more recent workouts like Metabolic Finishers and Super 6's (in a 3 day format). The combination of hard and heavy classic strength moves at the beginning followed by metabolic conditioning and finishers is where it is at. They are in my opinion the perfect evolution of the original TT manual. No fancy bells in whistles just get in the gym, lift heavy, do your intervals (or finishers) at get out.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:13 AM
Administrator

Cool, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dormars1979 View Post
Hi Craig,

Personally, I've enjoyed every single TT workout that I've done. However, I have chosen not to do ones that have only 2 workouts per week, because I enjoy the variety of having a different workout for each of the days of the week that I lift weights. So I'd say that my least favorites are any that follow the ABA, BAB, ABA, BAB pattern.

Doreen
Old 03-27-2012, 09:13 AM
Administrator

Now that's good feedback, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterj01 View Post
I HATE any TT workout that doesn't have deadlifts in it!!!!

No but seriously now this is a tough one because in general I pick workouts that I think I will enjoy and stay away from those that don't appeal to me.

So what doesn't appeal to me.

I wouldn't do your 2 day per week depletion workouts. Simply because I want at least 3 days per week in the gym.

I prefer the workouts to follow and ABC format rather that an ABA because I enjoy the variety that this offers.

If I could make one complaint about some of your more recent programs, (not all of them, but some of them) it would be that they are getting a bit lengthy. e.g Buff Dudes & Hot Gals. The joy of the earlier TT workouts was their efficiency. You were literally in and out of the gym in 45-60 mins including warm-up and intervals. Some of the newer programs take way over that which can be a turn-off . I realise that this allows you to add variety but if it means that the 1st superset takes me 20 minutes and I still have 3 supersets to go I may not choose that program, particularly when I know that I was getting the same results with much less time spent in the gym with a simpler program.

I've enjoyed every TT program I've done. However if there was one that I could pick out and say I definitely wouldn't do it again it would be Clash of the Titans 2. The reason being there was such a large disparity between the days. Workout A and B took me 35-40mins to complete but then along came workout C and had me in the gym for 1.5 hours. You changed the format of workout C in Clash of the Supervillans and I think that this would work much better.

What I do like at the moment are some of your more recent workouts like Metabolic Finishers and Super 6's (in a 3 day format). The combination of hard and heavy classic strength moves at the beginning followed by metabolic conditioning and finishers is where it is at. They are in my opinion the perfect evolution of the original TT manual. No fancy bells in whistles just get in the gym, lift heavy, do your intervals (or finishers) at get out.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:36 AM

I have to agree with Peter01. I was trying to come up with a way of saying what he wrote without offending. As of late the efficiency of TT has been tested. I've been revisiting older TT programs because I enjoy my basic lifting supersets followed by a bw circuit or intervals.

It can be a tough call though because I see the need for the longer warmups. I just hit age 44 and warming up properly and adding mobility is paramount to continued success.

Oh and Deadlifts, a neccessity.