TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 12th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2011, 11:39 PM

Default A Little Late at Starting, but I Am on My Way

I started today doing Body Weight Cardio 3. Great workout. Due to my knee still being a little sore I didn't get all the way though Workout A, but I know I will do better next time. Part of it is the whole learning curve of a new program.

I do have one difficulty that the ceiling of my workout room is quite low (my hands are going up into the suspended ceiling when doing stickups during the warm-up) that means the vertical jumps are rather difficult as the ceiling starts to get in the way. Not sure what to substitute for them. Hopefully the weather will warm up and it will stop raining so I can work out outside again.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:46 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rileysowner View Post
I started today doing Body Weight Cardio 3. Great workout. Due to my knee still being a little sore I didn't get all the way though Workout A, but I know I will do better next time. Part of it is the whole learning curve of a new program.

I do have one difficulty that the ceiling of my workout room is quite low (my hands are going up into the suspended ceiling when doing stickups during the warm-up) that means the vertical jumps are rather difficult as the ceiling starts to get in the way. Not sure what to substitute for them. Hopefully the weather will warm up and it will stop raining so I can work out outside again.
Hi there

Welcome to the forum and well done on a fab start. It does take a while to get your way around a new programme but give it a week or so and you will know exactly what you are doing.

You sound like you have a great positive attitude and that will help.

It may also help to set youself some goals and post them on here so you have some accountablitly.

Hope you find the forum a big help, I am sure you will and someone will post an alterative exercise for you I am sure, or you could ask Craig over on the exercise thread.

Keep up the great work and keep smiling

Cheers for now Katie
Old 09-20-2011, 01:03 AM

I have not settled on all my goals yet. I am thinking 20 pounds off at the very least. More would be even better. While never having done a contest like this, I am not new to the whole exercise/weight loss thing as back in January of 2010 I was obese, inactive, and constantly sick. I got pneumonia in December of 2009, due to various factors including the first course of antibiotics not working, I had it for a month. Due to way pneumonia suppresses ones immune system I caught a virus that weakened my heart so it was pumping at an efficiency about 30% below normal. This also caused a clot to build up which broke loose and caused a small stroke. That was my wake-up call and I have taken off a great deal of weight since then, and have gotten much much more active. I exercise in one form or another every day. I am fit enough to do a 30 mile bike ride and still enjoy an active day with my wife and son which is something I would not have even considered a year and a half ago. I have had a bunch of TT workouts, but not used them for more than ideas for the exercise programs I put together myself. They all looked good, but I didn't get around to them yet. Now with the transformation contest I get to use them. I always knew they were good workouts, but now I get to try them. So far I am very happy. Once I get the routine down, I'm sure they will work even better.

One of my long term goals is to get the six pack I have never had. Whether that can be done in 12 weeks, I am not sure, but it would be great if it could.

I have had a lot of success with counting calories and ESE. Whether that is what I will stick with or if I will do ESE 1 or 2 days a week and maybe the Leangain approach the other days, I am not sure. I figure at this point I should stick with what has worked in the past.

Last edited by Rileysowner : 09-20-2011 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Adding information
Old 09-20-2011, 02:32 PM

Quote:
I have had a bunch of TT workouts, but not used them for more than ideas for the exercise programs I put together myself. They all looked good, but I didn't get around to them yet. Now with the transformation contest I get to use them. I always knew they were good workouts, but now I get to try them. So far I am very happy. Once I get the routine down, I'm sure they will work even better.
I also love building and tweaking my own routines, but sometimes I get more focused on the planning, then tweaking, then tweaking some more, than on the actual working out. Be assured that the TT workouts "work." Find one that fits with your goals, make minor tweaks in necessary based on equipment available, location, etc., and give it 4 weeks. You'll be glad you did.

A great transformation is within your grasp! Best of luck to you.

Soli Deo gloria
Old 09-24-2011, 04:37 PM

So far so good. I am loving the BW Cardio 3 program. There are things that are very difficult for me partly a learning the form thing, partly that they use muscles that are weak on me, or at least weak enough that doing the exercise for the stated reps is difficult. I had that with x body mountain climbers with my feet on the stability ball. So I did as many as I could with the ball and finished on the floor. I missed yesterdays workout, which stinks, but I was feeling sore from the previous workout, tired from lack of sleep the night before, and rather ill overall. The extra day helped but I wanted to stay on track so I did day six instead of day five today. I am expecting next week will be much better. Already I am getting things down much better after only a week. Yesterday was not a particularly good eating day either, but today is a new day and one day does not ruin things, just slows them down a little.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:58 AM

Quote:
So far so good. I am loving the BW Cardio 3 program. There are things that are very difficult for me partly a learning the form thing, partly that they use muscles that are weak on me, or at least weak enough that doing the exercise for the stated reps is difficult. I had that with x body mountain climbers with my feet on the stability ball. So I did as many as I could with the ball and finished on the floor. I missed yesterdays workout, which stinks, but I was feeling sore from the previous workout, tired from lack of sleep the night before, and rather ill overall. The extra day helped but I wanted to stay on track so I did day six instead of day five today. I am expecting next week will be much better. Already I am getting things down much better after only a week. Yesterday was not a particularly good eating day either, but today is a new day and one day does not ruin things, just slows them down a little.
Dont do toooo much, too soon. You dont want to burn yourself out. If you can not do the SB X's on the ball, do them all on the floor. Your title says a lot, too...........Better late, than never...right?
Old 09-25-2011, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobB View Post
Dont do toooo much, too soon. You dont want to burn yourself out. If you can not do the SB X's on the ball, do them all on the floor. Your title says a lot, too...........Better late, than never...right?
Thanks for the warning. I am not horribly worried about doing too much too soon. I have been working out for the past 1.5 years, and am quite fit especially compared to what I was like before I started. It is more a matter of having exercises like the x-body Mountain Climbers on the ball that require learning the form as much as actually the muscle to do it. I found I would often lose my balance when I first started doing stability ball leg curls as well. Now I have no problem with them. All a matter of learning the form, but in view of getting through the routine I do what I can with good form, then go to the easier version. I'm pretty sure with everything except the get ups I will get the form down quickly enough.

Last edited by Rileysowner : 09-25-2011 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Added stuff
Old 09-26-2011, 12:02 PM

One week under my belt, and the belt is already needed more. Weight has come off very quickly so far, although I expected that as I have not eaten at a deficit for a while. Now the weight loss has slowed, but that first week is always nice.

Looking back it was a good challenging week. I did most of the TT Body weight Cardio 3 workouts, but for one day due to muscle soreness and feeling ill. Eating was mainly what I was planning with one day, the day I was sick being the exception.

I am looking forward to week 2.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:32 AM

Today ended up being a great day. I had to rush out early this AM, so I didn't have time to eat breakfast or get in my workout in the AM. The day was busy and due to having to take my son to gymnastics we did not get home until 9PM. Eating was good and I stayed within my calories although I ended up eating all my calories in a matter of 5 hours or so. Getting home late I was tempted to put of my workout until tomorrow, but decided that Workout A could not wait, so I got exercising and unlike the first time through I finished all rounds except the final 2 exercises of the last one which I only did part of the required reps or I would have went to failure. Afterward I felt beat, but great. Now after cooling off I will have a quick shower, and head to bed.

BTW, I picked up a foam roller today. Man I love it. It allows me to manipulate stiff muscles that I could never reach the same way with anything else. While foam rolling is not part of BW Cardio 3, I will likely use it anyway it is so helpful.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:08 AM

Good rest day. Used the foam roller on the stiff muscles, then hit the bike for a while and did some stretching afterward. A good day eating as well, staying within my calories for the day.

As I start going through week two I am already seeing an improvement in that I am not nearly as sore. I will see what things are like after Workout B which really kicked my behind the first week through. Who knows maybe I will have enough gas left to throw in some metabolic finishers next week.

On the fat loss side, things seem to be going well. There is change on the scale, and it seems to be showing up on the body as well.

So far so good.