TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 12th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2011, 07:10 PM

Default Let's do this!

So here I go again on my own walking down the only road I've ever known.
Like a drifter I was born to walk alone...

Oh wait hold on a minute no I'm not. I have the awesome TT forum and fellow TTers to help me continue on my weight loss journey! woo-hoo!

Back at the beginning of another contest and do you know what it couldn't have came along sooner. I seem to go into self destruct mode after the contests. Not sure what that is all about. But determined to get back on track and move towards my ULTIMATE goal of 9 stone 7lbs (133lbs).

I want to get the balance right between living life and feeling good about myself. So priorites need to be reassessed starting with entering TTC12.

So I fnished Clash of the titans last week and I am revisiting Buff dudes and hot chicks for the next 4 weeks.

So far this week I finished clash of titans on Saturday. Went to a kettlebell class with friends at home on Sunday. Did workout B from BDHC (thighs wrecked from kettlebells so went for the arm workout first) on Monday. Rest Tuesday as I flew back to London. Then did workout A from BDHC today. Plan is to do a long run tomorrow as well as taking photos, measurements and doing the dreaded weigh in for the contest. Then workout C friday. 6 times to the gym in wk one is not to bad at all!

Need to get nutrition back on track also. Plan is to reduce calories of course. Just which plan to follow needs to be decided. Might just go with healthy eating my style! But no doubt after every diet programm I have read there will be a mixture of components in there. Might go low carb mon-wed, then fruit and low GI thurs-sat, then cheat sunday. so similar to cheat your way thin. can always reassess and adjust in 3-4 weeks time.

Also I got a new phone and I have downloaded a calorie counter app so I will be recording everything I eat on that as well as my exercise/activity so I can ensure I maintain a calorie deficit.

It's good to be back and great to see so many familar people on the forum.

Onwards and upwards!
'Instead of turning your eyes away from the difficulty, open your eyes to the powerful opportunity, choose to invision your own best outcome, then choose to do whatever is necessary to make it happen'
Old 09-14-2011, 07:47 PM

Hey G.. Was wondering when you may appear.. I also went a little too scenic after 11. I stopped for a month long cheat. woops..but worth it. Well everyone is pretty fired up so lets have fun
Old 09-14-2011, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillianM View Post
I seem to go into self destruct mode after the contests. Not sure what that is all about.
I've seen this happen time and time again. You're not the only one, Gillian. All too often we put ourselves under so much pressure during the contest that it's inevitable that we revert somewhat afterwards.

Stay strong and work towards getting this to be a sustainable lifestyle rather than a 12 week sprint. You're already in pretty good shape, you can do this.

My TC10 Thread
My Workout Journal

"I am like the turtle who just keeps moving forward without stress or strain while I whistle a happy song" - Joe Weaver
Old 09-14-2011, 08:19 PM

Smile

Hey Gill

You are back !! really glad to have you along too, wow its great that there are so many familiar faces on here again and lots of new ones too.

OK so you are back to it and that's great.

We all struggle and sometimes back track a little, but you are back now and that's what counts.

Looks like you are off to a good start, you know what to do, now you just have to do it!

I get you with the balance thing, it's a tough one I know, I struggle too. For me this time around it was about starting another contest as soon as I could so I didn't have too long between where I could go astray again!

Beleive it or not I have actually gone 11 days with no alcohol now and not because I am on medication!! I am trying to go for 3 weeks that's my goal, but I am heading home in just under 4 weeks time and I have that to aim for.

Really glad you are along again,

Keep smiling

Cheers for now Katie
Old 09-14-2011, 08:39 PM

Hey G, soooo great to see you back. And not only that, but off to a flying start. Amazing how when you have a great plan and stick to it you will get great results. I hear ya on the 'self-destruct' mode,,, lol, and sure that many others do too,,, that's why we all need as much support and kicks in the glutes as we can get I agree with Gerry too about the sustaining and not just the sprinting,,, he's helped me to head towards that mindset. Not there yet, but consistantly working on it. Read his quote by Joe Weaver,,, I now have a couple of posters around the house reminding me to move forward like the turtle

You know what I reckon,,, we could start a thread called something like 'The Abs Review'. Ok, well, maybe something a whole lot cooler than that, but along the same lines. It just seems that many of us have the more specific goal of getting abs this time around. We could even post our ab pics every 4 weeks and share what's particularly working for us. Must admit, it's an extra incentive for us on this side of the planet with summer on it's way. What do you think?

Cheers for now,

Robyn.

Loving Life, People, and our Amazing Creator.

My TT Blog/Thread - http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=7224
Old 09-14-2011, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missrobyn007 View Post
I agree with Gerry too about the sustaining and not just the sprinting,,, he's helped me to head towards that mindset. Not there yet, but consistantly working on it. Read his quote by Joe Weaver,,, I now have a couple of posters around the house reminding me to move forward like the turtle
By the way, in case you were wondering who Joe Weaver was, this is he - http://www.adonisindex.com/best-shap...-60-years-old/

My TC10 Thread
My Workout Journal

"I am like the turtle who just keeps moving forward without stress or strain while I whistle a happy song" - Joe Weaver
Old 09-15-2011, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missrobyn007 View Post
Hey G, soooo great to see you back. And not only that, but off to a flying start. Amazing how when you have a great plan and stick to it you will get great results. I hear ya on the 'self-destruct' mode,,, lol, and sure that many others do too,,, that's why we all need as much support and kicks in the glutes as we can get I agree with Gerry too about the sustaining and not just the sprinting,,, he's helped me to head towards that mindset. Not there yet, but consistantly working on it. Read his quote by Joe Weaver,,, I now have a couple of posters around the house reminding me to move forward like the turtle

You know what I reckon,,, we could start a thread called something like 'The Abs Review'. Ok, well, maybe something a whole lot cooler than that, but along the same lines. It just seems that many of us have the more specific goal of getting abs this time around. We could even post our ab pics every 4 weeks and share what's particularly working for us. Must admit, it's an extra incentive for us on this side of the planet with summer on it's way. What do you think?

Cheers for now,

Robyn.
I think that is a fantastic idea Robyn, but would it put pressure on some of the members? Many people are yet to get there and are just starting out. But hey, personally speaking, I would be game!!!

And Miss G, glad to see youre continuing your fat loss mission. I wouldnt worry about the falling off the wagon bit between contests, after all, that is exactly what pro bodybuilders and fitness models do apparantly. Even the golden cant sustain it 100% of the time!

Keep on going with it, as you know everyone on here is focusing on the same 12 week goals as you.

Neil Gazzillo, Telford, Shropshire, UK

My Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/neil.gazzillo
Old 09-15-2011, 03:24 PM

First point - TUNE!

Second point - Hiiii!
Old 09-15-2011, 03:33 PM

Hi there! CONGRATS on starting another contest!! WooHOO!! I am doing the Buff dudes hot girls program too and I LOVE it! Serious DOMS this week too. Must be a good thing Picking a diet is so confusing isn't it! I hope you find something that you like. I just stick to the ol clean eating.. carb, protein, low fat.. yea, LOL

My 12th TT Contest
Here My Beachbody website
My Journal
Old 09-16-2011, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilg197 View Post
I think that is a fantastic idea Robyn, but would it put pressure on some of the members? Many people are yet to get there and are just starting out. But hey, personally speaking, I would be game!!!

And Miss G, glad to see youre continuing your fat loss mission. I wouldnt worry about the falling off the wagon bit between contests, after all, that is exactly what pro bodybuilders and fitness models do apparantly. Even the golden cant sustain it 100% of the time!

Keep on going with it, as you know everyone on here is focusing on the same 12 week goals as you.
Hey there Neil,,, hmmmm, I would hope it wouldn't put an unhealthy pressure on any member. Progress pics would of course not be mandatory, but only for fun and inspiration,,, ok, some may show off when the definition kicks in,,, hehehehehe. Tips from a variety of sources that promote the same goals can be good, although I find it can be overwhelming and confusing if looking in too many directions or trying too many different things. I think the trick is to try until you find what works particularly for you, and then work at getting that to an efficient level before looking at modifying it or looking at something else. Then again, it's good to shock the body right?! What do ya'll think?

I still wanna see G with a great set of abs Yeahhhhh, I know you can do it G!!!

Loving Life, People, and our Amazing Creator.

My TT Blog/Thread - http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=7224